Author Topic: Boxer or UFC fighter? Mayweather says boxers would punish UFC champs!!  (Read 40076 times)

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
Re: Boxer or UFC fighter? Mayweather says boxers would punish UFC champs!!
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2007, 12:49:05 AM »
Oh brother. This isn't complicated - also it was settled in UFC 1. A decent grappler will take the boxer down every time and choke him out or pound him. It's been done!!!! UFC 1 people! A pure grappler beat the boxer.

Also, any fighter that uses kicks effectively(Cro Cop) would beat a boxer most of the time. I myself(coming from a karate background) fought a boxer. He charged in predictably(because he HAS to close range to be effective)and walked right into a round house kick to the head! A front kick would have been equally effective. In a slugging much, the boxer will beat anyone, but a striker also has the option of clinching to prevent combos and using elbows, knees, and headbutts.
TEAM REPTILIAN

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #201 on: April 28, 2007, 02:33:09 AM »
put a pair of boxing gloves on a ufc fighter and they lose...put a boxer in the octagon and he'll lose...its two different sports with different rules you morons.
DAWG

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2007, 11:03:57 AM »
People watch boxing because it is an amazing sport that requires MUCH MORE skill than mma to be the best.
If I wrestled 13 years I would be a top level wrestler, no doubt!!

That is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. 

If you wrestled for 13 years, you'd just be a caulflower eared joke amongst any good wrester. 

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2007, 11:07:23 AM »

If you wrestled for 13 years, you'd just be a caulflower eared joke amongst any good wrester. 

Trust me, I know many great wrestlers and have rolled around with state champions, the comment is very true. 

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #204 on: April 28, 2007, 11:10:57 AM »
put a pair of boxing gloves on a ufc fighter and they lose...put a boxer in the octagon and he'll lose...its two different sports with different rules you morons.

That is the truth, in most cases.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2007, 11:41:45 AM »

ahh, fuck it, you don't know shit.

seriously, most of you guys HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA.

i often end up on the ground and my ears get banged up. i just get the physician to drain them after the fight. welcome to modern technology moron.

why don't you knob jockeys go get a clue ie talk to some guys that actually compete and then come back and talk about this shit. your disrespect for the ma shows your ignorance.

pbf is a hype guy, always has been. anyone that takes his shit seriously needs their head examined.

at the end of the day, mma is all about being the best you can be in all disciplines. if you underestimate/disrespeect any one of those disciplines then, put it this way, i WANT to fight you.

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »
Just to get it right, did you just say that if the ONLY thing was standup fist (queens of marcbury(sp) rules...typical boxing, that a top mma guy would beat a top boxer?

NO legbreaker, very obviously if you limited stand-up fighting to strictly punching strikes (i.e. jab, cross, hook, uppercut, etc.), a boxer would very obviously win against an MMA fighter!

However, if you paired a boxer up with a top-notch Muay Thai (MT) fighter of similar bodyweight in a strictly "stand-up" fight...an MT fighter who is able to use ALL varieties of low/mid/hi-line strikes with his hands/elbows/knees/shins/feet...I would certainly "put my money" on the MT fighter in a mixed martial-arts stand-up match!   And, this is ignoring the "ground-game" altogether!!

Hopefully, this clarifies my point!? 

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2007, 04:23:34 PM »
Richard, you obviously don't place much value in boxing in mma competitions and looking at it on paper, you seem correct ie less weapons = less performance. real simple. no need for essay after essay.

your simplistic nature is taking a lot of things for granted though, things that i pointed out earlier in the thread.

unfortunately you're also extremely ignorant of the importance of boxing in a typical mma bout.

hand skills (boxing) are the most essential striking skill component in the arsenal of an mma athlete.

that's right, far more important than elbows and lower body attacks or use of the head (obviously covertly because blatant head butting will get you disqualified).

if you haven't done a lot of work on boxing training and sparring then you are NOT going to rise to the top of the current legal mma competitions.

as pointed out by leg breaker and others numerous times, boxing is a skill that you don't just learn as part of your 'mma training'.

i find it amazing that some of you who have supposedly had extensive training in mma competition don't get this point.

pointing to gracie 'owning' boxers in the early days of ufc is disingenuous when you:

1. fail to mention the fact that he was 'owning' everyone in the early days of ufc and

2. don't mention that said boxers wouldn't have won a novice amateur bout at a local boxing event.

3. you mentioned the michael jackson wannabe (1 glove) but you, again, failed to mention that the poor  guy was a punch drunk nobody and had a severe mental illness.

Beast, boxing skills are VERY important in MMA matches and any MMA fighter should train long and hard on these skills...and, I fully agree with you that any MMA fighter needs to constantly train on and try and improve his boxing/punching skills!

However, there are some punch avoidance boxing skills (a.k.a. duck/slip/block) that are, at times, downright dangerous to implement in an MMA match/ring!   For example, you can always duck a hooking punch in a pure boxing match...but, risking ducking under a hooking punch in an MMA match can expose you directly to a follow-up vicious knee strike to the face/jaw!

Yes, your comments on the early UFC MMA days are probably right as all non-GJJ fighters were having to adjust/adapt to the GJJ style of MMA fighting.

But again Beast, with all due respect to the excellent stand-up punching skills of the pure Western-style boxer...if the boxer were paired with a pure Muay Thai fighter (not even being allowed to use his throwing/takedown techniques)...on paper, the Muay Thai fighter should prevail with his ability to use his full arsenal of low/mid/high-line strikes with his hands/elbows/knees/shins/feet.  This is assuming that both fighters would be of approx. similar bodyweight, be fighting in a boxing ring and, of course, we are omitting altogether all throwing/takedown/grappling fighting techniques/skills.

However, ALL Muay Thai knee/elbow/hand strikes available in the allowed stand-up clinch phase of the MMA match would be permitted along with clasping-the-hands/grabbing behind the neck/head so as to pull the head down!

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2007, 04:13:38 AM »
Legbreaker, in my "long 40+ year MMA journey" struggling to learn the MANY fascinating martial-arts disciplines...progressin g through golden gloves boxing (uhhh...by the way, getting "knocked out/down" several times!), intercollegiate freestyle wrestling, judo, additional "hard-arts" (TKD, Karate, Kung-Fu, JKD), military CCC/hand-to-hand-combat), and finally GJJ...I've realized that you never master an art, and no matter how good you think you are there is always (of course!) someone better.  Was it Bruce Lee who is supposed to have said (words to the effect), "the goal it is not in reaching the destination, but in persevering to make the journey"!?

For the "average joe" like myself working a regular job, rearing children, etc., just struggling to stay-in-shape, and finding time to only practice the MMA approx. 4 hours a week, I learned long ago that to enter competiton was really dangerous/unhealthy when you are competing against guys who compete for a living and can train some 8 hrs. a day 6-7 days a week!

blah blah blah.................... ..

An olympic lifter, an MMA fighter, holy hell this grand dad has done it all.
\

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2007, 04:52:48 AM »
An olympic lifter, an MMA fighter, holy hell this grand dad has done it all.

true, i'm a little confused on the dateline on Richard.

was he an olympic weightlifting at the same time as he was a 'golden gloves boxer' or???

btw, please explain to me what 'golden gloves boxing' is?

the 'golden gloves' is an amateur boxing tournament that is typically held once a year (although there are local comps aswell). the best amateur boxers compete and the best boxer of the night becomes golden gloves champion. there is no 'golden gloves boxing' per se. whenever i hear someone say they're are a 'golden gloves boxer' i become aware of 3 things:

1. they are full of shit

2. they're trying to intimidate you so they don't have to fight you (i know this doesn't apply to you Richard)

3. they are lousy fighters because good fighters don't show their hand thus giving an opponent an advantage.

IF you competed in the golden gloves tournament then that would mean you were an amateur boxer of some notoriety.

so what's the true story Richard?

Olympic Weightlifter, wrestler, amateur boxer, soldier?

i do recall you stating on this very thread that you were NOT a boxer but competing in wrestling at the same club as competitive boxers, so can you please clear up my confusion ???

i'm not accusing you of lying and you do appear to know what you're talking about, but the pieces don't fit especially when you cross reference it to the other getbig thread Dballn247 is alluding to.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2007, 06:30:37 AM »

was he an olympic weightlifting at the same time as he was a 'golden gloves boxer' or???

the 'golden gloves' is an amateur boxing tournament that is typically held once a year (although there are local comps aswell). the best amateur boxers compete and the best boxer of the night becomes golden gloves champion. there is no 'golden gloves boxing' per se. whenever i hear someone say they're are a 'golden gloves boxer' i become aware of 2 things:

1. they are full of shit

2. they're trying to intimidate you so they don't have to fight you (i know this doesn't apply to you Richard)

3. they are lousy fighters because good fighters don't show their hand thus giving an opponent an advantage.

IF you competed in the golden gloves tournament then that would mean you were an amateur boxer of some notoriety.

i do recall you stating on this very thread that you were NOT a boxer but competing in wrestling at the same club as competitive boxers, so can you please clear up my confusion ???

i'm not accusing you of lying and you do appear to know what you're talking about, but the pieces don't fit especially when you cross reference it to the other getbig thread Dballn247 is alluding to.

Beast 8692, you just unlocked the door to possibly the biggest meltdowns getbig has potentially ever seen.  Dicky2k4 don't like being called out man.  Should be interesting, gonna get my popcorn.  Richard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

\

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #211 on: April 29, 2007, 07:01:39 AM »
Beast 8692, you just unlocked the door to possibly the biggest meltdowns getbig has potentially ever seen.  Dicky2k4 don't like being called out man.  Should be interesting, gonna get my popcorn.  Richard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, my money's on him not answering it at all, but we'll see. ;D

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #212 on: April 29, 2007, 11:20:44 AM »
Beast, I'm not sure if you really didn't know what Golden Glove boxer is.

It is an amateur tournament held in many states 1 time a year.

However, only in some states is the amateur competition level high enough to mean a great deal.  NY is a very tough city to win in....Sort of like winning a national qualifying bodybuilding contest in wyoming compared to NJ, NY, FL, CAL etc.    Cal is probably another very tough state as would be chicago, detroit and many others.

In NY even the novice division of the tournament gets very difficult and I know guys that are known for their hands in mma that could not win the novice ny golden gloves.

Did anyone see the fight on HBO last night?  AWESOME and simply amazing skilled talented fighters. 

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2007, 12:38:41 PM »
Beast, I'm not sure if you really didn't know what Golden Glove boxer is.

It is an amateur tournament held in many states 1 time a year.

However, only in some states is the amateur competition level high enough to mean a great deal.  NY is a very tough city to win in....Sort of like winning a national qualifying bodybuilding contest in wyoming compared to NJ, NY, FL, CAL etc.    Cal is probably another very tough state as would be chicago, detroit and many others.

In NY even the novice division of the tournament gets very difficult and I know guys that are known for their hands in mma that could not win the novice ny golden gloves.

Did anyone see the fight on HBO last night?  AWESOME and simply amazing skilled talented fighters. 

yes, the golden gloves is a tournament where the best competitors compete. they have national and state competitions annually.

however, you don't actually do 'golen gloves boxing' per se. you become an amateur boxer, have local novice bouts 3 wins or 5 fights, etc and then move on to different state, national (incl golden gloves tournament) and international competitions.

IF Richard was a boxer competing in the golden gloves he would have been an amateur boxer and a pretty good one, depending on where he lived. to win the national golden gloves you must be an elite amateur boxer.

the thing is, Richard stated earlier in the thread:

"Personally, having been challenged by boxers over my many years of MMA practice, whenever boxers would challenge me to "get into the ring with them" they would then try to force me to put on a pair of boxing gloves, not allow any kicks at all (and certainly no low-line/leg kicking!) and, of course, disallow any takedowns/throwing or ground fighting...hilarious and pathetic...thus, really trying to stack-the-deck in their favor!!"

obviously this indicates that, not only was he not an amateur boxer, he certainly wasn't an elite amateur boxer competing in golden gloves competitions. if he was, he would have happily donned the gloves and sparred with them, more than likely show them a thing or two in the process. yet he is saying here that they were "really trying to stack the deck in their favour!!"

i smell bullshit and i seriously doubt that Richard will come back and answer to it.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #214 on: April 29, 2007, 01:23:01 PM »
hahaha, i agree, Beast.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2007, 02:41:49 PM »
once again this is two different sports It depends on what sports rules you go by that would most likely determine the winner
DAWG

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2007, 05:09:27 PM »

the 'golden gloves' is an amateur boxing tournament that is typically held once a year (although there are local comps aswell). the best amateur boxers compete and the best boxer of the night becomes golden gloves champion. there is no 'golden gloves boxing' per se. whenever i hear someone say they're are a 'golden gloves boxer' i become aware of 3 things:

1. they are full of shit

yes, the golden gloves is a tournament where the best competitors compete. they have national and state competitions annually.

however, you don't actually do 'golen gloves boxing' per se. you become an amateur boxer, have local novice bouts 3 wins or 5 fights, etc and then move on to different state, national (incl golden gloves tournament) and international competitions.

IF Richard was a boxer competing in the golden gloves he would have been an amateur boxer and a pretty good one, depending on where he lived. to win the national golden gloves you must be an elite amateur boxer.

the thing is, Richard stated earlier in the thread:

"Personally, having been challenged by boxers over my many years of MMA practice, whenever boxers would challenge me to "get into the ring with them" they would then try to force me to put on a pair of boxing gloves, not allow any kicks at all (and certainly no low-line/leg kicking!) and, of course, disallow any takedowns/throwing or ground fighting...hilarious and pathetic...thus, really trying to stack-the-deck in their favor!!"

obviously this indicates that, not only was he not an amateur boxer, he certainly wasn't an elite amateur boxer competing in golden gloves competitions. if he was, he would have happily donned the gloves and sparred with them, more than likely show them a thing or two in the process. yet he is saying here that they were "really trying to stack the deck in their favour!!"

i smell bullshit and i seriously doubt that Richard will come back and answer to it.

Oh me, here we go yet again...

Uhhh...I boxed at the ages of 15-16 and competed in some local city/club-sponsored boxing matches which included a citywide Golden Gloves sponsored tournament.  Duhh...I don't recall saying I ever "won any amateur boxing awards"...just that I've trained as a boxer. 

Duhhh...uhhh...I once boxed in a local citywide Golden Gloves sponsored amateur boxing tournament in my middle teens...does that mean I'm allowed to call myself a "golden gloves boxer"...maybe not...sorry about the confusion/misinformation/misunderstanding!??

Duhhh...LATER, in college, I was a member of my university's intercollegiate freestyle wrestling team and wrestled in the 177 lb. bwt. class during the wrestling season.  Since people have reading comprehension problems...again, members of our intercollegiate boxing team had occasional "challenge mixed matches" with the members of my wrestling team (in the ring and on the mat...gloves and no gloves). 

While in college, I began to add the study of Judo, Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, and Isshin-Ryu (Okinawan) Karate.  During my training at both a local Y and nearby dojo on these hard/soft arts, I has some YMCA boxers challenge me to "step in the ring with them"...that's all!  Uhhh...these challenges weren't "friendly in nature", but were done with an arrogant attitude to try and "prove" that boxing was superior to the other hard/soft martial-arts I was training on.

After all, this was way back in the early 1960's when the hard/soft Oriental martial-arts were often considered "inferior fighting arts" to Western-style boxing, were relatively unknown, and often ridiculed (particularly by boxers)!  At the time, not having "purely boxed" for some 6 long years but having practiced OTHER martial-arts since, I was EAGER to prove to these cocky boxers that the OTHER hard/soft martial-arts, that I had been diligently practicing, were for REAL, and were superior (in combination!) to their one-dimensional boxing!   Uhhh, hope this is an "adequate/comeback answer to your question"!? 

By the way, at age 19, I was fortunate enough to win the National Teenage Olympic Weightlifting Championships and set some national records (as has been fully documented on other forum threads).

Uhhh...I'm not a "competitive MMA fighter" like all of you other rough/tough guys, but have simply trained regularly on the hard/soft martial-arts (and still do) since 1963.

And frankly Beast, I really couldn't care less "what you think/believe"...cause you, like my 'ole nemesis', dballn, are gonna believe what you want to believe, regardless!

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2007, 05:10:31 PM »
You sound like Mr.Intenseone.  ;D
TEAM REPTILIAN

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2007, 08:33:09 PM »
You sound like Mr.Intenseone.  ;D

yes, he does a bit. :-\

hey Richard, did you also bench press 535lbs at 181lbs body weight while wearing nothing but some gym shorts and a singlet?

Dballn247, you won the bet.

Richard, you've gone from golden gloves boxer to 'some kid that, duhh, did a little boxing and duhh stumbled into a golden gloves tournament. apparently you sucked at it, no wonder you quit.

when those 'boxers' challenged you at your mma gym what you actually did was strip down to your pink panties, don the red cape and, hands on hips, declare:

"hallo boys, no need for gloves. with a jar of vasoline you can fist me in the ring all day." at which point you proceeded to demonstrate on yourself. :-X

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #219 on: April 30, 2007, 03:45:07 AM »
Oh me, here we go yet again...

Uhhh...I boxed at the ages of 15-16 and competed in some local city/club-sponsored boxing matches which included a citywide Golden Gloves sponsored tournament.  Duhh...I don't recall saying I ever "won any amateur boxing awards"...just that I've trained as a boxer. 

Duhhh...uhhh...I once boxed in a local citywide Golden Gloves sponsored amateur boxing tournament in my middle teens...does that mean I'm allowed to call myself a "golden gloves boxer"...maybe not...sorry about the confusion/misinformation/misunderstanding!??

Duhhh...LATER, in college, I was a member of my university's intercollegiate freestyle wrestling team and wrestled in the 177 lb. bwt. class during the wrestling season.  Since people have reading comprehension problems...again, members of our intercollegiate boxing team had occasional "challenge mixed matches" with the members of my wrestling team (in the ring and on the mat...gloves and no gloves). 

While in college, I began to add the study of Judo, Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, and Isshin-Ryu (Okinawan) Karate.  During my training at both a local Y and nearby dojo on these hard/soft arts, I has some YMCA boxers challenge me to "step in the ring with them"...that's all!  Uhhh...these challenges weren't "friendly in nature", but were done with an arrogant attitude to try and "prove" that boxing was superior to the other hard/soft martial-arts I was training on.

After all, this was way back in the early 1960's when the hard/soft Oriental martial-arts were often considered "inferior fighting arts" to Western-style boxing, were relatively unknown, and often ridiculed (particularly by boxers)!  At the time, not having "purely boxed" for some 6 long years but having practiced OTHER martial-arts since, I was EAGER to prove to these cocky boxers that the OTHER hard/soft martial-arts, that I had been diligently practicing, were for REAL, and were superior (in combination!) to their one-dimensional boxing!   Uhhh, hope this is an "adequate/comeback answer to your question"!? 

By the way, at age 19, I was fortunate enough to win the National Teenage Olympic Weightlifting Championships and set some national records (as has been fully documented on other forum threads).

Uhhh...I'm not a "competitive MMA fighter" like all of you other rough/tough guys, but have simply trained regularly on the hard/soft martial-arts (and still do) since 1963.

And frankly Beast, I really couldn't care less "what you think/believe"...cause you, like my 'ole nemesis', dballn, are gonna believe what you want to believe, regardless!

Meltdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
\

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2007, 08:48:13 AM »
yes, he does a bit. :-\

hey Richard, did you also bench press 535lbs at 181lbs body weight while wearing nothing but some gym shorts and a singlet?

Dballn247, you won the bet.

Richard, you've gone from golden gloves boxer to 'some kid that, duhh, did a little boxing and duhh stumbled into a golden gloves tournament. apparently you sucked at it, no wonder you quit.

when those 'boxers' challenged you at your mma gym what you actually did was strip down to your pink panties, don the red cape and, hands on hips, declare:

"hallo boys, no need for gloves. with a jar of vasoline you can fist me in the ring all day." at which point you proceeded to demonstrate on yourself. :-X

Gee gollies Beast, this thread is supposed to be about pro. boxers, like Mayweather, being able to "punish" MMA fighters in a mixed match...uhhh, at least that's what the subject header to this thread states... 

Again, what a waste of my valuable time to try and communicate intelligently on ANY subject with a bunch of druggie teenagers (obviously) whose only intent is to insult posters, call them names, twist the truth, and gang-up on them!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #221 on: April 30, 2007, 09:06:09 AM »

Got your popcorn Dballin247, the show's started. ;D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #222 on: April 30, 2007, 01:23:49 PM »
Gee gollies Beast, this thread is supposed to be about pro. boxers, like Mayweather, being able to "punish" MMA fighters in a mixed match...uhhh, at least that's what the subject header to this thread states... 

Again, what a waste of my valuable time to try and communicate intelligently on ANY subject with a bunch of druggie teenagers (obviously) whose only intent is to insult posters, call them names, twist the truth, and gang-up on them!

"Beast" is dickhead.  ::) No need to pay attention to him.
!

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #223 on: April 30, 2007, 01:45:34 PM »
Got your popcorn Dballin247, the show's started. ;D

I wonder if Richard will be able to back up his claims,  He's already been proven a liar saying he was a marathon runner in the Peachtree 10k for the last x amount of years (as shown below), However if you lookup last years roster or the year before, or the year before, no richard schmidt.  Who's lying???

Tell you what though, every year (since '78) I run the 10K Peachtree Road Race.  And, I get a Peachree RR t-shirt every year with the year emblazoned on the front of the shirt.

http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/at02000.htm

If you can find your name on the list I'll mail you a nickel.

Richard you got some splaining to do......
\

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2007, 05:48:21 PM »
I wonder if Richard will be able to back up his claims,  He's already been proven a liar saying he was a marathon runner in the Peachtree 10k for the last x amount of years (as shown below), However if you lookup last years roster or the year before, or the year before, no richard schmidt.  Who's lying???
http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/at02000.htm
If you can find your name on the list I'll mail you a nickel.
Richard you got some splaining to do......
Hahahahaha…I just couldn’t pass this last one up…

You see, folks, this is what happens when the long-term combo. of illegal REC. and BB drugs in Dballn’s stack causes PERMANENT damage/destruction to this demeneted idiot’s  brain cells…

After all,  Dballn has already “PROVED”  that I’m actually dead (???)…and  served in WWII at age of approx. 5 (???)...and THEN got married at approx. age 8 (???)…hahahahahahah…see, what all that crack cocaine he’s been  asmokin’ has done to this demented idiot’s brain…
As we all know Richard 2004 claims to be the next Jack Lalane.  He is supposed to be some 70 year old who lived his life looking in the rearview mirror, thinking about what could have been.  When we asked him to verify some lifts he scanned some images of a Richard Schmidt as it appeared they could have been him.  However when we asked him to post a current pic holding a recent newspaper magazine or etc.  he just avoided the challenge and resorted back to his 15 year old mentality.
Did some research on Mr. Schmidt today, not the one on this board as he would'nt give me his middle initial and year of birth so I researched the lifter he posted as him. Here are my findings:

Richard H. Schmidt
March 3, 2004
Richard H. Schmidt, professor emeritus of psychology at Western Michigan University, died Feb. 7 in Sun City West, Ariz. He was 67.
Schmidt joined the WMU faculty in 1955 after serving as an instructor at Oklahoma State University and as acting head of the psychology department at Gustavus Adolphus College. He was also a psychology advisor at Fort Hayes State College. He was a certified consulting psychologist in Michigan and a member of the American and Michigan Psychological Associations. As director of professional experiences in WMU's psychology department and Graduate College, he was instrumental in setting up a system of control and supervision for internship programs. He retired in 1979 with 23 years service to WMU.
During World War II, Schmidt served as a personnel consultant in the Army Specialized Training Program. Following the war, he earned bachelor's, master's and Doctor of Education degrees from Oklahoma State.
Schmidt is survived by his wife of 59 years. Memorials may be made to support a scholarship endowment created by Schmidt through the Crown of Life Lutheran Church, 13131 Spanish Garden Dr., Sun City West, AZ 85375.
So If I'm lying Richard2004 - go ahead and post a current pic.  It should look just like the one you said was current and everyone called BS saying it was a pic from the 70's.  I know your prolly upset, for all I know that guy could have been your dad.  Posting someone elses accomplishments as your own is low.
You have zero cred on this board except for the fact that everyone knows that you are a scmoe and now a liar.

Hahahahaha…obviously, Dballn can’t even accurately “research” his own navel!!!

Oh, and the Atlanta Track Club URL link you referenced lists ONLY the first thousand-odd runners names/times who finished these race(s) and NOT the FULL listing  of the approx. FIFTY-THOUSAND (50,000!) runners that actually entered and ran/finished these annual 10K race(s) in approx. 55-60 mins. and received their race T-shirts!??

Dballn, your druggie, demented, stupidity and ignorance is exceeded only by your druggie, demented, stupidity and ignorance!!

Awww...now did I have another official Getbig "meltdown"...well, duhhh, ugh, grunt, snort, fart, yuk, yuk, yuk!!

Somebody, please get this thread back on track!?? 

And, I still say that any top-level Muay Thai (MT) fighter should beat any top-level boxer of similar bwt./experience-level (on paper, always)...and forget the throwing/leg-sweeping aspects of the MT art, altogether!!?  There is no way a boxer can theoretically survive the vicious array of strikes an MT fighter can deliver in the clinch phase of the match (and there will be no referee to separate the fighters once they enter the clinch phase to "save" the poor boxer...as is always done in the one-dimensional art of boxing)!