Author Topic: AFFLICTION PAY PER VIEW BUYS?  (Read 2301 times)

chixlegs

• Getbig III
AFFLICTION PAY PER VIEW BUYS?
« on: July 21, 2008, 07:07:27 AM »
All the talk about the affliction VS UFC stuff, the bottom line is how many PPV buys they did.  I couldn't find any info on it.  Anyone have any idea?  They needed over 100,000 for it to be considered somewhat successful.  Supposedly they needed 250,000 to make a profit.   :o      That's a lot of buys!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: AFFLICTION PAY PER VIEW BUYS?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 07:20:28 AM »
yeah i doubt even the fanboy berzerkfury bought the pay-per-view

and the show itself didnt sell out from what ive heard.

i dont know why people would pay for a card where the outcome of pretty much every fight was a given.
Z

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 07:31:26 AM »
I paid for it. Was fantastic card got a chance to see some of my favorite fighters fight who I have not seen in a long time... Production value was a little lacking but hey it is only there 1st PPV...

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 07:33:28 AM »
well there you have it, that's ONE pay-per view at least  ;)
Z

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 09:26:13 AM »
I bought it.  The show was very enjoyable.  Then again, any show where Timmy is destroyed is bound to be enjoyable.
A

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 12:04:05 PM »
My uncle bought it, I drove out to his house and hung out with some guys I haven't seen in a while, all of them huge MMA fans. Everyone loved the card said it was one of the best they have ever seen. After the Fedor fight we wanted to see the Anderson Silva fight, so we switched it over to Spike or whatever channel it was on. Luckily they were replaying the whole event, unfortunately it was just starting over from the beginning so I had to sit thru one of the most painfully boring cards I have ever seen in my entire life just to see the Silva fight. Honestly if you are a MMA fan, why do you give a fuck about some fighters on a dumb reality show (TUF) that have no real experience?

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 01:09:56 PM »
My uncle bought it, I drove out to his house and hung out with some guys I haven't seen in a while, all of them huge MMA fans. Everyone loved the card said it was one of the best they have ever seen. After the Fedor fight we wanted to see the Anderson Silva fight, so we switched it over to Spike or whatever channel it was on. Luckily they were replaying the whole event, unfortunately it was just starting over from the beginning so I had to sit thru one of the most painfully boring cards I have ever seen in my entire life just to see the Silva fight. Honestly if you are a MMA fan, why do you give a fuck about some fighters on a dumb reality show (TUF) that have no real experience?

Well you're kind of bouncing around amoungst a few different subjects here, but as far as TUF goes, it is what it is, which is a reality show with fighting on it.  I think it's entertaining.  It's better than most of the shit on TV, that's for sure.  The guys on there are totally raw and unpolished, but some of them have developed into very good fighters.  Koscheck is pretty good, Diego Sanchez, Forrest is the champ now, Rashaad Evans is a good fighter I think.  It's a different animal, you can't expect to watch the show and think the fights are going to be top level, they're young fighters.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 01:23:41 PM »
Well you're kind of bouncing around amoungst a few different subjects here, but as far as TUF goes, it is what it is, which is a reality show with fighting on it.  I think it's entertaining.  It's better than most of the shit on TV, that's for sure.  The guys on there are totally raw and unpolished, but some of them have developed into very good fighters.  Koscheck is pretty good, Diego Sanchez, Forrest is the champ now, Rashaad Evans is a good fighter I think.  It's a different animal, you can't expect to watch the show and think the fights are going to be top level, they're young fighters.
The point that I was trying to make was, I don't really follow the series, and I too can see how it would be entertaining for MMA fans, I just haven't gotten into it, yet. I think I seen something about a guy who got kicked off the series for making an ass out of himself or something, and then they were actually promoting this guy as one of the main reasons for watching the UFC card, this makes no sense to me. That's no different than promoting Kimbo, imo. You are promoting guys when there are a slew of others that are better skilled. I just think by giving this guy air time they are passing over more deserving people and that waters down the quality of fights that you see.