Author Topic: Affliction 2 card finalized... Not that great in my book?  (Read 1131 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Affliction 2 card finalized... Not that great in my book?
« on: September 03, 2008, 12:23:51 PM »
Affliction 2: Day of Reckoning is now finalized and with 11 bouts on tap for the October 11th, card the company is ready to go for it's second foray into the MMA event after a successful first show that seen Fedor Emelianenko demolish Tim Sylvia to become the WAMMA Heavyweight Champ.

MMANews.com was able to confirm the card with Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio

The card is set to house a main event that will feature former UFC Heavyweight Champions Josh Barnett and Andrei Arlovski go to battle in a WAMMA Heavyweight Elimination bout to decide who will face Emelianenko for the Heavyweight Title in 2009.

The Pay Per View broadcast from the Thomas and Mack Center is Las Vegas, NV will see six bouts on the show while the other five bouts will be shown on HDNet during a special broadcast that will lead into the PPV portion and feature Paul Buentello facing Roy Nelson in the main event.

The card was set to see Renato "Babalu" Sobral in action but as MMANews.com reported last week, Sobral was taken off the card when the company was unable to sign Tito Ortiz.

There will also be a special performance by heavy metal legend Ozzy Osbourne during the PPV event similiar to the Megadeth performance during the first show.

The PPV Portion of the show will feature:

-Josh Barnett vs. Andre Arlovski
-Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
-Matt Lindland vs. Trevor Prangley
-Chris Horodecki vs. Dan Lauzon
-Pedro Rizzo vs. Ben Rothwell
-Jay Hieron vs. Drew Fickett

The HDNet portion will see:

-Roy Nelson vs. Paul Buentello
-Mike Pyle vs. Jason High
-Albert Rios vs. Antonio Duarte
-Jay White vs. Chase Gormley
-Brett Cooper vs. Patrick Speight

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: Affliction 2 card finalized... Not that great in my book?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 02:30:34 PM »
ha ha! Stick a fork in them :-)
w

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 02:33:53 PM »
Still..... There are a few killer Heavies match-ups. I'm thinking Rizzo is gonna get his wig split.

Dball

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 05:07:18 PM »
Still..... There are a few killer Heavies match-ups. I'm thinking Rizzo is gonna get his wig split.

Decent HW card.  Pedro could definately get his ass handed to him.  I wish he would get back to his old form.  He used to just murder folks in the cage.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 06:07:45 PM »
I think Barnett vs. Arvloski should be a very interesting fight. Ben Rothwell has to prove that he is at least a half assed heavyweight who can compete at a level higher than the IFL.

Dball

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 06:09:56 PM »
I think Barnett vs. Arvloski should be a very interesting fight. Ben Rothwell has to prove that he is at least a half assed heavyweight who can compete at a level higher than the IFL.

HA.  Rothwell, chubby bastard

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 10:56:01 PM »
Not nearly as good as their last card but a slight hair better than the AVERAGE not all UFC fight cards.

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 08:40:14 AM »
Not nearly as good as their last card but a slight hair better than the AVERAGE not all UFC fight cards.

Disagree

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 10:03:54 AM »

Are you serious?
w