Author Topic: Im starting to become a fan of Dos Santos  (Read 3294 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Im starting to become a fan of Dos Santos
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:02:28 PM »
It's not just that he is trained by the Noguerras-- He actually reminds me of big Nog when he began fighting. Same kind of build, same kind of style with great boxing and jiujitsu-- He's a smallish 230lb dude knocking people out.

One difference between them is that he has a lot more pop to his punch that Noguerra ever did.

I have to say that I am starting to become selfish and taking the same view that UFC lackies like MindSpin take. The fans should be watching the greatest fighter of all time mix it up with these guys. 

I want to see Fedor fight these guys. I dont think hes avoiding anything, its just business. He has 2 more SF fights and I am praying to god he goes to the UFC for a couple of fights to end his career.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Im starting to become a fan of Dos Santos
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »
in the UFC theres dos santos & cain...then theres everyone else period
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 07:35:42 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Dos Santos will be outed for the mediocre fighter that he is. No way he can bang with the top 5 in that weight class

DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 09:36:30 AM »
in the UFC theres dos santos & cain...then theres everyone else period

Agree 100%. I like Dos Santos and Cain. Both are promising, but the weight disadvantage is HUGE. You are talking about guys who walk into the ring at 265-280 that have relatively little body fat. I can see Cain carrying more muscle in the future though. But it takes time.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 09:49:18 AM »
Can you imagine what Dos Santos would do to Fedor!?  No wonder he's staying out of the UFC...
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 09:54:40 AM »
Can you imagine what Dos Santos would do to Fedor!?  No wonder he's staying out of the UFC...
'

I would much rather see Dos Santos or Cain fight Fedor.

As much as I hate Fedor's antics/Management, I hate to see anyone get demolished in the way he would against Mir,Carwin, or Lesnar

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 10:21:59 AM »
LMAOOOOO

Calm down there Dorothy.

Ms's comment was tongue in cheek-- ( his tongue in Dana's ass cheeks)

Yours was even more gratuitous.

While we are coming up with outrageous embellishments, why not throw Paul Buentello into that mix of guys in the UFC that would bury Fedor?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 12:11:51 PM »
LMAOOOOO

Calm down there Dorothy.

Ms's comment was tongue in cheek-- ( his tongue in Dana's ass cheeks)

Yours was even more gratuitous.

While we are coming up with outrageous embellishments, why not throw Paul Buentello into that mix of guys in the UFC that would bury Fedor?

Now that sounds like a better match-up. ;D

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 12:28:59 PM »
the hate is strong with the UFC guy's  :-X

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 12:49:57 PM »
the hate is strong with the UFC guy's  :-X

Your hate of the UFC is strong :o

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 01:42:27 PM »
 ;D

no hate..
they just don't have the Best heavy weights.... :-*

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 02:56:14 PM »
;D

no hate..
they just don't have the Best heavy weights.... :-*

Prove it :o

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 03:15:55 PM »
 who brock, couture, mir, nog, etc... ::)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 08:53:37 PM »
who brock, couture, mir, nog, etc... ::)

You forgot a few...Cain, Dos Santos, Carwin would all demolish Fedor.
I am glad you are finally coming to your senses.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 10:52:17 PM »
bahhh ::)
fedor would either knock them out or submit them...

the only one that had a fighting chance of beating Fedor was brock before his medical Drama..

right now your kissing their asses..
but once their not with the UFC  ;D
you'll start calling them cans...  ::)

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 05:12:50 AM »
He stand up skill are light -years better than Nog´s... He is on the right track. I woul like to see him fight a striker like Kongo maybe, or (in a impossible fight) Overeem
!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 06:35:14 AM »
bahhh ::)
fedor would either knock them out or submit them...

the only one that had a fighting chance of beating Fedor was brock before his medical Drama..

right now your kissing their asses..
but once their not with the UFC  ;D
you'll start calling them cans...  ::)

How can you say that Brock is not as good after his 'medical drama'? Have you seen him fight yet? ::)

You are right, judging by past fighters being cut from the UFC, when they are cut, they generally are irrelevant in the top rankings. Therefore, they may be deserving of being called cans...especially when they are fighting the top ranked guys. Orgs are just using these UFC rejects/cans names to sell fights.

Besides Diaz and possibly Hendo, who has WILLINGLY left the UFC and been on the top of their game at the time of their dismissal from the UFC?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
You forgot a few...Cain, Dos Santos, Carwin would all demolish Fedor.
I am glad you are finally coming to your senses.

I don't understand why everyone is hailing JDS as the next coming of christ, he's beaten some good fighters, but some good fighters that lacked the wrestling that the other 3 top fighters in the UFC have.  JDS has essentially been hand fed predominantly stand up fighters.  Out of the top 5 HW fighters in the UFC I would rank him #5, just because he's managed to avoid fighting anybody capable of putting him on his back.  He's a good stand up fighter that has beat some good stand up fighters, I think it's time he fights somebody like Cain Velasquez.  Carwin himself said in a recent interview he realizes that Fedor is the best and that he only has a "punchers chance" against him.  I think you need to spit some of JDS' pubes out of your mouth, it's messing up your thinking.
Predictions
 40/61

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 09:08:32 AM »
I don't understand why everyone is hailing JDS as the next coming of christ, he's beaten some good fighters, but some good fighters that lacked the wrestling that the other 3 top fighters in the UFC have.  JDS has essentially been hand fed predominantly stand up fighters.  Out of the top 5 HW fighters in the UFC I would rank him #5, just because he's managed to avoid fighting anybody capable of putting him on his back.  He's a good stand up fighter that has beat some good stand up fighters, I think it's time he fights somebody like Cain Velasquez.  Carwin himself said in a recent interview he realizes that Fedor is the best and that he only has a "punchers chance" against him.  I think you need to spit some of JDS' pubes out of your mouth, it's messing up your thinking.

He just dismantled Gonzaga, who has some of the best BJJ in the Heavyweight division.  Gonzaga tried taking him down and got stuffed real fast.  It would be interesting to see Junior in there with a strong wrestler though.  I hear he has a solid ground game, but we've yet to see it...
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 09:18:10 AM »

Try reading the entire thread. I stated previously in this thread that that Dos Santos does not stand a chance against the other HW's besides Cain. Get your shit straight before you post stupid shit. You would also realize that I am being sarcastic with gymflex in some of those posts.

Do me a favor....wipe the your cum stained glasses off and read up on here before you post stupid shit like that.

Let me make myself clear....I don't think Dos Santos has a chance with anyone else in the UFC HW division except maybe Cain. Get it?

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 09:18:30 AM »

Weightspher is your typical fanboy...
opps.. UFC guy...  ;D

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 09:24:11 AM »
Try reading the entire thread. I stated previously in this thread that that Dos Santos does not stand a chance against the other HW's besides Cain. Get your shit straight before you post stupid shit. You would also realize that I am being sarcastic with gymflex in some of those posts.

Do me a favor....wipe the your cum stained glasses off and read up on here before you post stupid shit like that.

Let me make myself clear....I don't think Dos Santos has a chance with anyone else in the UFC HW division except maybe Cain. Get it?

dude chill...
you seem pissed...
 :-\

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 09:40:35 AM »
I think you guys need to settle this in the cage :)
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 09:52:20 AM »
Off topic, but appropriate because MS and Weight are in this thread.

Yesterday I was flipping channels and came across an M1 mma event being hosted in St. Petersberg Russia.

Basically it was everyone on Red Devils roster ( all russian up and comers) fighting guys from Brazil, Holland etc. It was on free basic cable and was being broadcasted from Russia, so you can imagine how horrible it was.

Honestly it was next to unwatchable. The Russian guys completely destroyed everyone else. I sat through 6 fights ( I caught the last 15 minutes of the broadcast, so there had to be at least 10 others I missed). All 6 were stopped within 2 minutes of the first round.

Maybe M1 is making money on the other side of the globe, (or its a front for laundering russian organized crime $$$) but geezus christ what a horrible broadcast.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 09:58:55 AM »
He just dismantled Gonzaga, who has some of the best BJJ in the Heavyweight division.  Gonzaga tried taking him down and got stuffed real fast.  It would be interesting to see Junior in there with a strong wrestler though.  I hear he has a solid ground game, but we've yet to see it...

Gonzaga isn't even a top 10 fighter or a wrestler for that matter, if Gonzaga was able to take JDS down I can only Imagime what Brock or Cain would do.
Predictions
 40/61