Author Topic: According to UFC President Dana White...  (Read 1106 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
According to UFC President Dana White...
« on: September 22, 2010, 02:08:07 PM »
...Chael Sonnen Should Be Cut and Lose All Bonuses for UFC 117!

"It's a huge blow, a devastating blow. The bottom line is, we invest a lot of money in our fighters trying to promote them and build them. We're building a brand and when something like this happens, it's devastating. It's a huge black eye for our sport."

"This doesn't do us any good, and we're not condoning it at all, but the point is, it's epidemic throughout professional sports. It's rampant. It's a very hard problem to contain, but we're trying to control it by letting the fighters know we won't use them if they do this."

"Bottom line, guys have to learn to play by the rules, or they're done with us."
w

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: According to UFC President Dana White...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 04:47:55 PM »
I also read an interview where he said he thought the commissions punishment would be enough, he frowns upon fining and imposing his own penalties on fighters who already have gotten disciplinary action by the commission.  He said he thinks it takes away from the fighters ability to make a living.  He appears to be changing his tone on that as of late though.  This was right after the positive test was made public. 
Predictions
 40/61

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 06:16:34 PM »
Chris Leben failed a drug test, did the UFC kick him out?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 07:52:42 PM »
...Chael Sonnen Should Be Cut and Lose All Bonuses for UFC 117!

"It's a huge blow, a devastating blow. The bottom line is, we invest a lot of money in our fighters trying to promote them and build them. We're building a brand and when something like this happens, it's devastating. It's a huge black eye for our sport."

"This doesn't do us any good, and we're not condoning it at all, but the point is, it's epidemic throughout professional sports. It's rampant. It's a very hard problem to contain, but we're trying to control it by letting the fighters know we won't use them if they do this."

"Bottom line, guys have to learn to play by the rules, or they're done with us."

Fuck Dana White. I hope that guy get run over by a train. I never thought I would some day hate someone I never met in my life.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 09:32:30 PM »
Chris Leben failed a drug test, did the UFC kick him out?

good point