Author Topic: About tonight's PRIDE FC...  (Read 7567 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
About tonight's PRIDE FC...
« on: September 10, 2006, 08:55:48 PM »
10000 times better then any UFC pay per view ever... tonight was simply amazing..

Crocop destroying Silva and Harnett was fucking priceless!!!
whole pay per view was amazing from start to finish!

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: About tonight's PRIDE FC...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 09:05:34 PM »
10000 times better then any UFC pay per view ever... tonight was simply amazing..

Crocop destroying Silva and Harnett was fucking priceless!!!
whole pay per view was amazing from start to finish!

Agreed, that kneebar Barnett had sunk in on Nog was solid, it was a close fight though.  Cro-cop was a beast and im sure he and Fedor will have another epic battle, although Fedor beat him with an injured right hand the last time, maybe he could actually finish CC with brutal Gnp this time around.  Aleks/Sergei had their moments as well, what an idiot Sergei is for trying to pull a Mayorga-esque move by inviting Aleks to punch him.
Predictions
 40/61

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 09:18:40 PM »
Agreed, that kneebar Barnett had sunk in on Nog was solid, it was a close fight though.  Cro-cop was a beast and im sure he and Fedor will have another epic battle, although Fedor beat him with an injured right hand the last time, maybe he could actually finish CC with brutal Gnp this time around.  Aleks/Sergei had their moments as well, what an idiot Sergei is for trying to pull a Mayorga-esque move by inviting Aleks to punch him.

I agree, esp. re: the Emalienko fights.. what the hell was Alex thinking !??!?

Mirko really proved himself tonight, can't wait to see him and Fedor!!

Oh and Barnett is a TOUGH son of a bitch.. few guys can take 2 poundings like that, let alone one.

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 10:14:40 PM »
I thought Nog won the fight.  I was surprised that Barnett escaped the armbar in the first round.  It was a really good fight.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 03:51:35 AM »
Crocop is the man. Hardest kicker in the world  :)
Z

bigally

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 05:07:20 AM »
It's official......If there was ever any doubt in anyones mind.....Pride fighters are entirely on another level vs. UFC fighters.  No one, and I mean no one in UFC is beating Crocop.  No UFC fighter is beating the brothers Aleks & Fedor.  Barnett would manhandle Silvia.  And Wandy in spite of getting his ass by Crocop, would still dominate.  Lidell is in serious trouble.  It appeared that all of these fighters were just plain bigger, stronger, more talented and most importantly, fight with a higher level of intent to do harm.  Percentage of purse taken away for slowing down the fight among other reasons?...priceless.

Pride ppv worth every nickel.  Every fight a brawl loaded with technique, hard painful strikes, kicks to the leg/torso/head, near bone breaks, cuts & of course blood.  Riveting stuff.

Hughes vs Penn in a UFC $40 ppv? In a rock & roll bar.  I am not sure.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 06:26:56 AM »
UFC is bloodier.
Z

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 06:41:24 AM »
how so? there is blood shed in all MMA organisations, it just depends on who is fighting and how the fighters are hit.

In regards to the Pride fighters being better than the current crop of UFC "stars", theres no doubt about it. Alot of guys go from UFC to Pride and find that they cant dominate they way they were used to. Josh would smash Tim Sylvia, although he showed against pedro that he can be knocked cold. Wandys only challenge from UFC would be Chuck, and i honestly believe that Chuck could beat him. I want to see him knock the shit out of Rampage first but hes ducking the rematch, so if Wandy is next then so be it. It will be a hell of a fight, and unfair to judge Chuck on his performance against Rampage. After Vitor demolished Wandy, who thought he would emerge to be the best in his division?
Scouser on Tour

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 06:45:23 AM »
Great weekend of fights. Can't wait to see Earl chime in with his UFC nuthugging.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 10:45:24 AM »
Great weekend of fights. Can't wait to see Earl chime in with his UFC nuthugging.

haha you're back to the I call you ugly so you call me ugly routine :)

every fight was great and far better than any ufc I remember

E
E

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 02:23:50 PM »
haha you're back to the I call you ugly so you call me ugly routine :)

every fight was great and far better than any ufc I remember

E

Damn EARL i thought you'd say something about how you watched the first UFC havent heard that from you in about 3 weeks.... cmon just type it..... just say i saw the first UFC..... hahaha Still watching TUF...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 03:02:58 PM »
Damn EARL i thought you'd say something about how you watched the first UFC havent heard that from you in about 3 weeks.... cmon just type it..... just say i saw the first UFC..... hahaha Still watching TUF...

hahahah you know he wanted to. He's learned to tuck his tail and crawl back into his hole, however.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 03:43:25 PM »
hahahah you know he wanted to. He's learned to tuck his tail and crawl back into his hole, however.

when you refer to the hole earl crawls back into are you talking about the one in the ground that his weasel ass hides in as a defense. or are you talking about the one in his ass that his head is usually jammed in..... keep talking earl we miss your wonderful points on MMA. EARL YOUR THE GREATEST!!!!!!!! haha

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 03:54:28 PM »
when you refer to the hole earl crawls back into are you talking about the one in the ground that his weasel ass hides in as a defense. or are you talking about the one in his ass that his head is usually jammed in..... keep talking earl we miss your wonderful points on MMA. EARL YOUR THE GREATEST!!!!!!!! haha

How dare you talk about Earl like that! He watched UFC 1 but has absolutely no MMA knowledge to refute that claim!!!! hahahahahaahaha, what a tool.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 06:22:32 PM »
Now stop picking on earl, enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!! EARL LOVES TUF AND WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER UFC1 SO LETS LEAVE EARL OUT OF THE BASHING AND ILL LEAVE THIS OUT OF EARL'S MOM.......

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 10:49:09 PM »
UFC is bloodier.

Apparently u didn't see Wand/Rampage 2...most of Jackson's nose is smeared across Wand's knee..great fight check it out.
L

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 12:36:03 AM »
Apparently u didn't see Wand/Rampage 2...most of Jackson's nose is smeared across Wand's knee..great fight check it out.

apparantely i saw ultimate fighter season 4. now you tell me if the fight on there wasnt the bloodiest in mma history.
Z

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 02:51:18 AM »
Vitor Belfort vs Daijiro Matsui

if you want a bloody fight look nowhere else
Scouser on Tour

raziel

• Getbig II
  • Satan lives in the hearts of all children.
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 09:09:58 AM »
apparantely i saw ultimate fighter season 4. now you tell me if the fight on there wasnt the bloodiest in mma history.
yeah, that was pretty ugly
Jesus gives awesome head!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 09:20:26 AM »
anybody got links to these bloody fights. kill some of my time at work..

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 09:28:39 AM »

Have not seen it yet. I'm in Afghanistan..we have season 3 showing on AFN right now. But I'll watch it! U guys mentioned that fight. Watch Wand/Rampage 2..their still picking up parts of Jackson's nose.
L

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 12:57:25 PM »
Im a big fan of both pride and UFC have been since the beginning, those who think the gap between the two is huge are delusional,  Chuck under UFC rules would destroy Wandy inside of a minute even though he has inproved vastly... still wouldnt last a minute. Co-crop is up there however is not miles ahead of UFC game.  The only big difference is Fedor not Pride as a whole.  Fedor is on another level too EVERY fighter in both UFC and Pride, other than that they are fairly matched all round.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 02:24:21 PM »
while i agree about Fedor and your point about Chuck fighting in UFC, i personally think that if you compared the top 5 in each division of the organisations then Pride would wipe its arse with UFC. All of UFC's stand out fighters are now at Pride, its as though UFC has become a stepping stone to Pride.
Scouser on Tour

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 03:05:22 PM »
while i agree about Fedor and your point about Chuck fighting in UFC, i personally think that if you compared the top 5 in each division of the organisations then Pride would wipe its arse with UFC. All of UFC's stand out fighters are now at Pride, its as though UFC has become a stepping stone to Pride.

LOL,I kind of see it the same way.. most of the former UFC champs and good fighters have gone to Pride, the UFC  as I see it is a few big names (Ortiz, Lidell, Hughes) and the rest are kids starting out, getting $15,000 a match, that's how Dana makes his money. Pays the top dogs big salaries ($100,000 a fight+) and the no-name guys chump change, then for a pay per view he'll have a card with one or two big name matches and 4 or 5 no-name matches.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 10:53:37 PM »
Disagree about Wandy gtting crushed within a minute. Beside the fact he's my favorite guy...I think Chuck,who's a great fighter, has no competetion in the UFC. Its chump after chump..then Tito..then chump or mildly talented guy like Sobral. Chuck has no competion coming up..nobody. Wandy has to fight Cro Cop..the guy knocked him out. I wish Dana would bring in a better level of competetion. I get the PPV fights free here a day later(Afghanistan). You guys have to pay for this crap. The last few PPV events have been horrible. I don't know what I'm going to do when I get back..besides buy the Pride PPV. I love the UFC but the HW and LHW divisions suck right now. Tim Silvia would have no business being in the ring with Fedor.
L