Author Topic: Steroid use survey thread  (Read 16814 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Steroid use survey thread
« on: September 02, 2010, 07:59:15 AM »
Most of the forum steroid info is bro-science, heresay and gym rumor.
 I thought posting any actual, personal experience with steroid cycles might be interesting.
1. Post you actual amount, type of drug(s), cycle length , expectations and actual results .
Feel free to add any extra info you wish to pass on.

I will go first:

From 1983 - 1986 I used moderate amounts of various drugs, three basic drug cycles.
Cycle 1 was my off season decca cycle, was 1 - 200 mg shot per week for 8 weeks , then 3-4 off
Cycle 2 was either 1 200 mg shot of test ethanate or a 100 mg equipoise per week
for 4 weeks, 3 weeks off.
Pre contest was two (2), 50 mg shots of Winnie V for the last 6 weeks before a contest.
My best offical contest wt was 206 lbs in Aug of 1986 and I was quite lean. I was on the winnie V for a full 8 weeks and had done shorter more intense Heavy Duty Mentzer style workouts.

At those levels I didn't get a lot bigger but felt good. I was able to get harder and leaner with less effort on my diet and cardio.

I now use prescibed Androgel to keep my testosterone levels in the ideal for a male in his 20's, I am 51. I can maintain mass and strength but getting lean now is a lot harder.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Steroid use survey thread
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 08:00:44 AM »
LOL!

howard, you have an obsession with steroids.  I don't understand.  You're already using test, taking you a bit above where you'd be as an 18 year old stallion (you hit 700, right?)

So IMHO, you're using just like everyone else.  Why the need to revisit the 'glory days' when you were shooting up? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 08:03:45 AM »
GH15 told me to triple the dosage.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 08:42:09 AM »
 I thought posting any actual, personal experience with steroid cycles might be interesting.
1. Post you actual amount, type of drug(s), cycle length , expectations and actual results .

I will go first:

From 1983 - 1986 I used moderate amounts of various drugs, three basic drug cycles.
Cycle 1 was my off season decca cycle, was 1 - 200 mg shot per week for 8 weeks , then 3-4 off
Cycle 2 was either 1 200 mg shot of test ethanate or a 100 mg equipoise per week

Pre contest was 2, 50 ml shots of Winnie V for the last 6 weeks before a contest.
My best offical contest wt was 206 lbs in Aug of 1986 and I was quite lean. I was on the winnie V for a full 8 weeks and had done shorter more intense Heavy Duty Mentzer style workouts.

At those levels I didn't get a lot bigger but felt good. I was able to get harder and leaner with less effort on my diet and cardio.

I now use prescibed Androgel to keep my testosterone levels in the ideal for a male in his 20's, I am 51. I can maintain mass and strength but getting lean now is a lot harder.

progessivity is not your thing, from 200mg of gear e.w to 1300 mg...
asstropin

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 08:44:05 AM »
LOL!

howard, you have an obsession with steroids.  I don't understand.  You're already using test, taking you a bit above where you'd be as an 18 year old stallion (you hit 700, right?)

So IMHO, you're using just like everyone else.  Why the need to revisit the 'glory days' when you were shooting up? 

C'mon, get serious here. I simple want a thread on the  ACTUAL steroid use of those here on the get big forum.
Post our actual experiences and not simply tell urban legends of what someone heard 2nd hand.

Wouldn't it be a lot more reliable to read what other avg bodybuilders have actually done?
I am just sick of all the stories and myths, why not post some facts BASED on what the avg guy here did or does?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 08:47:59 AM »

progessivity is not your thing, from 200mg of gear e.w to 1300 mg...

C'mon, it was One (1) 200 mg shot of test or a one (1) 100 mg shot of Equipoise.
I found that for me, the vet grade stuff worked the best...go figure.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 08:48:17 AM »
LOL!

LOL, he really is OBSESSED with steroids

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 08:53:41 AM »

LOL, he really is OBSESSED with steroids
No, I just think it might be nice to get share some personal info on what WE USED, instead of 2nd hand heresay rumor of what someone heard about some pro .

Of course I am starting to think that maybe, just maybe a lot of getbiggers have very little actual personal experience with steroids.
Hmmmmmmm  ;)  I could be wrong and hope some will share some meaningful info we all learn from.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 09:24:43 AM »
Howard, put up a pic of you on stage. Never seen one.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 09:56:02 AM »
Howard, put up a pic of you on stage. Never seen one.
I've had a one up a few times on here over the years. Believe it or not, I don't care if anyone sees my contest pics or not.
I wasn't that great a bodybuilder in my prime. I am going to have the Kodak kiosk scan some old contest pics on to a CD rom and then post them if anyone is interested.

Soooooooo, care to post any stuff on your cycles?

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
  • Owner, Supreme Sports Enhancements
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »
I've had a one up a few times on here over the years. Believe it or not, I don't care if anyone sees my contest pics or not.
I wasn't that great a bodybuilder in my prime. I am going to have the Kodak kiosk scan some old contest pics on to a CD rom and then post them if anyone is interested.

Soooooooo, care to post any stuff on your cycles?

Great thread Howard, it's good to see real life experience.

I've used every steroid in existence, with the exception of DECA(Nandrolone) and TREN(Trenbolone), because both can cause permanent SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION, and oftentimes DO.

My general advice is to always start LOW.  To this day, my typical cycle consists of a Testosterone base(250-500mg per week) in conjunction with a mild anabolic such as Primobolan, Masteron, or Equipoise, and/or an oral such as Winstrol, Dianabol, or Anavar, depending on my goals.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 10:00:19 AM »

I will go first:

Pre contest was 2, 50 ml shots of Winnie V for the last 6 weeks before a contest.

bro, i would never consider what you listed as a cycle......more like advanced supplementation...

my last cycle lasted damn near 5 years....

bench

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »
bro, i would never consider what you listed as a cycle......more like advanced supplementation...

bench

That's just stupid dude, anything over a year is pointless without a break...  :o  :o

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 12:08:56 PM »
sure howard.

last cycle:

400mg wk test blend
75mg of tren ace ed
50mg winstrol  ed
50mg anavar  ed

best run i have ever done. biggest and leanest i have ever been. and went off of GH to do it to make sure it was the compounds i was taking and not the GH responsible for the gains/ fat loss.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 12:09:38 PM »
That's just stupid dude, anything over a year is pointless without a break...  :o  :o

i dont agree.

b

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 12:47:37 PM »
sure howard.

last cycle:

400mg wk test blend
75mg of tren ace ed
50mg winstrol  ed
50mg anavar  ed

best run i have ever done. biggest and leanest i have ever been. and went off of GH to do it to make sure it was the compounds i was taking and not the GH responsible for the gains/ fat loss.
I like how you went off the HGH to see how the other drugs helped in making you lean. Good logic there! How much muscle did that cycle give ya?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 12:50:03 PM »

bench
I never was willing to take a lot of health risks or spend a lot of my hard earned cash on juice.
My goal was always to look more like Zane and use something to help me rip up more, nothing else .
Care to elaborate on any details about your 5 yr cycle and what gains you made off it in that time? Thanks

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 12:52:03 PM »
Self ownage:

1st cycle was with a cinnovex vetrinary pellet that contained both testosterone and estrogen.  Transdermally applied with DMSO. 

:-\

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 01:02:48 PM »
I like how you went off the HGH to see how the other drugs helped in making you lean. Good logic there! How much muscle did that cycle give ya?

i prolly dropped 4-5% bf and stayed the same weight or better, so i would have to say about 10-12 pounds. pretty good considering that that cycle wasn't my first BBQ.

that kind of gain/fat loss without GH at my age in that amount of time after having used anabolics for over a decade i'd say the results were very very good. i still be on it if the tren wasn't predsipositioned to making me so irritable. talk about easily aggravated. and im normally a real easygoing guy. thats the only downfall to it was the edginess the tren induced- i have 60ml of tren hex i'd like to dip into but wont just because of that very reason.

b

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 01:11:49 PM »
How can you guys do gear and look like you do..... :'(

Some of you dont even look like you lift at all...

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 01:58:02 PM »
That's just stupid dude, anything over a year is pointless without a break...  :o  :o
i went off during that time....but by off i mean 250-500mg a week of test....

bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 02:06:49 PM »
I never was willing to take a lot of health risks or spend a lot of my hard earned cash on juice.
My goal was always to look more like Zane and use something to help me rip up more, nothing else .
Care to elaborate on any details about your 5 yr cycle and what gains you made off it in that time? Thanks
at first it was low...but then really high dosage....i would blast for 20-30 weeks at a time then cruise for 20 weeks...

as a example....one of my first blasting routines was

1000mg test e 20 weeks
600mg eq 20 weeks
400mg tren a 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off
4iu a day..
HCG during the whole thing was every 4 weeks i would do 1000iu a day for a week...
and typical anti e, and brocriptin etc etc...

then when the blast was over i would cruise at 250-500mg of test a week for 20-30 weeks and then blast again...the blast dosages got a little higher...but it worked well...i would never recommend anybody doing this....but given the smallest chance i would do it again...but lower amounts..

bench

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 02:37:52 PM »

I will go first:

Just take Dan Duchaine's advice and go on steroids again RIGHT NOW!

LOL, the pleasures of living in gulag USA (or whichever shithouse you reside)

Howie, baby, get on some juice, its the obvious choice

Look, you can do one of two things:

one, get on some gear

two, you can place higher priority on the seriously remote chance of being caught whilst using, rather than placing your concern on areas that deserve your attention, them being, the very real fact that your missus has probably started to view you as an ageing fat fuck that pisses her off due to the fact that she could be out getting some young cock rather than your old ass

Howie, drugs love you, remember that

Howie is a lot like me.  You can tell he is just itching to go on steroids and use them consistently but is just a prude about it, whether over specious and scientifically ungrounded "health" considerations or some other irrational concern.

I consumed alcohol maybe 15 times in my life between the ages of 21-24 for the same reasons.  In some ways it was worth it because I do feel that I'm better off than the average 28 year old right now, but at the same time, I kind of gave up my twenties as a result.  As far as bodybuilding is concerned, I do feel I'm making better gains now that my metabolism has slowed down a little than I ever did before, but why fear steroids?  Howie, there is no medical evidence against the moderate use of steroids, truly.  As for legal concerns, I understand that and can't completely relate because personal use steroid amounts are not actually illegal in Canada.

It's like you write these posts to hear what you want to hear but it is still not quite enough for you to hop back on the sauce again.  Please take Dan's advice and get on juice immediately.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 02:51:23 PM »
I never used large amounts in any of my cycles, hated going over 750mg/test a week cause of the sides and water bloat

I was always a rapid responder, I can gain 15lbs on 5-10mg of dbol a day.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 03:22:43 PM »
Howard,just do another cycle for fucks sake.......you know you want to.