Author Topic: ever been to san fran?  (Read 4705 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
ever been to san fran?
« on: June 14, 2008, 02:35:43 PM »
i bet walking there does wonders for ones calves

i bet walking there does more to your calves than a year of seated calves in the gym

Z

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Re: ever been to san fran?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 02:40:18 PM »
Just watch out for injuries caused by tripping over the 10 trillion "beggars", falling in their vomit, piss, shit the list goes on....

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 02:40:58 PM »
Just watch out for injuries caused by tripping over the 10 trillion "beggars", falling in their vomit, piss, shit the list goes on....

do you reckon that in the future san fran will be more famous for their beggers than their homosexuals?
Z

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 02:44:12 PM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 02:45:37 PM »
One time I dropped my wallet in San Francisco, then I kicked it all the way down to Los Angeles before I picked it up.

Tesla

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 06:51:52 PM »

Given the amount of hype about how great the city is I was surprised by the dirtyness of San Francisco.  And of course it's obscenely overpriced. 

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 06:54:24 PM »
Given the amount of hype about how great the city is I was surprised by the dirtyness of San Francisco.  And of course it's obscenely overpriced. 

yeah, that china town area requires constant application of the hand sanitizer
I

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 06:55:24 PM »
One time I dropped my wallet in San Francisco, then I kicked it all the way down to Los Angeles before I picked it up.

HAHAHA... i love san fran.: great food, different cultures, good beer, beautiful scenery

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 06:56:02 PM »

HAHAHAHAAAAAA

BayGBM won't like you talkin that way about his hometown.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 07:18:07 AM »

I live here, and yes I agree. Many people find it's the best city in the world- and living here I disagree. A cool place, yes. But by far not a place I would have in my top 5 of wanting to live, of having the entire earth to choose from.

Where were you located? Tenderloin? Mission? Both those places have a lot of beggars, and derelicts alike. But there are cool parts of those areas too. You can also find the exact same thing down on the wharf, right were tourism is at it's peak. From the Buena Vista Cafe, the trolleys, and to Pier 39; which are all part of the SF people want to see. Y
ou can find anything, any time, anywhere in this city.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 07:21:54 AM »
HAHAHAHAAAAAA

BayGBM won't like you talkin that way about his hometown.

Bay is from Tampa bay, I thought.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 07:23:47 AM »
Bay is from Tampa bay, I thought.

Really? I always assumed the SF bay area! What does the GBM stand for?
O

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 07:25:29 AM »
Really? I always assumed the SF bay area! What does the GBM stand for?

GBM = Get Big Monster.

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 07:34:41 AM »

I live on the San Franisco Peninsula (the suburbs), I am right in the middle between SF and San Jose. 

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 07:35:53 AM »
I live on the San Franisco Peninsula (the suburbs), I am right in the middle between SF and San Jose. 

I'm probably pretty close to you, being about 2min from the airport. I'm working in San Jose last and this coming week.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 07:36:39 AM »
what else can you tell us about san fran!
Z

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 07:38:32 AM »
I'm probably pretty close to you, being about 2min from the airport. I'm working in San Jose last and this coming week.
Cool Cool...Yeah, I work in Morgan Hill so I am right there with you with the commute...

I am originally from Philly but my wife is from North Beach, I always thought that was funny that I had to come 2700 miles to marrry a Sicilian woman and I grew up with tons of them...lol

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 08:09:23 AM »

The commute this week SUCKED!!! What was it, right around 2pm the traffic on 101 would be like someone flipped a switch to "stop." Then there was the accident on Wednesday I think...a diesel spill they said.
North Beach is a cool area, I love that Cafe Trieste coffee, well I prefer the espresso. Either way, that part of the city is the coolest, I think.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 08:49:30 AM »
GBM = Get Big Monster.

SWM 35 SS/SD W/GSOH IS LMFAO  ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 09:54:07 AM »
San Francisco is like a lot of other places: if you have a lot of money it is a fantastic place to live.  If you don’t have a lot of money it can be horrible.  Some Pros of SF:

• from education, to heath care, technology, government, finance, there are tons of good jobs here.

• wine country.  If you are a fan of wines there is no better place to live in the USA.  Literally dozens of excellent wineries dot Sonoma and Napa valleys; there are even wineries in the East Bay.  People from all over the country (even the world) make a vacation out of visiting the wineries in Northern California.

•  from boating, to indoor skydiving, to kite surfing, hiking, running, triathlons, etc.   If you want an active lifestyle there are tons of physical things to do here.

• culture: from football, to baseball, to opera, to symphony it’s all here and it’s all world class.

• people here tend to be highly educated and psychologically secure.  In other words, they are very tolerant.  You tend to find intolerance, bigotry, etc among people who are insecure and fearful.  Remember the Muslims who went crazy when that newspaper published a cartoon depicting their god?  That was an extreme case, but basically we have religious nuts in the USA too.  For the most part people like that do not live in this area.  No one here blinks at an interracial couple, a gay couple, a gay interracial couple, etc.

• weather.  60 degree weather is typical in SF.  70 is warm and 80s is considered very hot and rare.  Most homes in SF do not have air conditioning becasue it is very rarely required.  Outside the city or across one of the bridges you get warmer weather so you can always leave the city if you wanna warm up.

• Road trips.  From Mendacino to Bodega Bay to Monterrey and Carmel there are great and interesting places you can easily get to from SF.

Cons:

cost. SF is expensive.  There is no getting around that.  Housing, gasoline, etc.  I’ve seen a million dollar home here I would not want to live in.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 09:55:26 AM »
Where else do you get views like this...?

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2008, 09:59:21 AM »
Where else do you get views like this...?

Blah.. where else do you get a view like this?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 10:06:01 AM »
Great city for walking around seeing what house you'd like to 'own.' Some good architectural stuff, too. Restaurants are pretty good - was at a pretty good Italian one, the name now escapes me. I particularly like Amoeba Records in the Haight - great record store. Found some rare/obscure punk stuff. Made me very happy.  :)

/oh, and i saw public enemy at the fillmore, but i was pretty drunk so i don't remember much

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 10:09:39 AM »
its just another city to me.. nothing all that great there... the giants stadium is pretty nice... uuumm....   what else? yeah like chimps says fillmore is cool...

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 10:16:17 AM »
Bay, Re: the weather...

SF is a bit too warm for me... I love the 30's, 40's and 50's... I wear shorts and t-shirts (with maybe a light sweat shirt) to do outdoor cardio in any temperature over 15 or so degrees in winter...