Author Topic: Has PowerLifting Gone Down Hill  (Read 9946 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Has PowerLifting Gone Down Hill
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2008, 01:02:57 PM »
that's nothing, i once lifted a 4000 pound die cast sitting on a pallet onto a shelf 20 feet into the air with a forklift like it was nothing. :o

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2008, 01:03:56 PM »
Thank god you're here to agree with me. I can't fight this alone!

Also, she fires off this bullshit.  "You can't just throw on a shirt and all of the sudden bench more, it took me like 5 weeks to get used to it"  HAHA, what a joke.  I'm sure it did take 5 weeks to forget how to actually move the weight by yourself on the bottom end and let the shirt do the work.  I'd like to see ANYONE increase their lifts by 25% in 5 weeks.

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2008, 01:04:57 PM »
I believe this completely.  My stepfather accomplished the same feat of strength with his Yukon.  Don't worry about the jack though, it was still really impressive.  He could've lifted a smaller car without the jack had he wanted to.

that's insane...your stepfather must be famous, a yukon is much heavier than a mustang

without the "equipment" i can still throw my mountain bike in my car with NO problem

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2008, 01:05:09 PM »
that's nothing, i one lifted a 4000 pound die cast sitting on a pallet onto a shelf 20 feet into the air with a forklift like it was nothing. :o

Thats very respectable.  Don't let anyone ever tell you it wasnt a good lift.  Just say "hey you know what, theres a regular division and a forklift division, it doesnt make my feat less impressive"  Youre the man!!! ;D

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2008, 01:05:31 PM »
Lots of misplaced anger here. Why don't any of you write letters to the Arnold Classic or Olympia organizers that have switched from Raw Bench to Assisted Bench competitions. Or to the feds that allow shirts. Lori's just a competitor, not the rule maker.
BigNationRadio.com

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2008, 01:06:11 PM »
Thats very respectable.  Don't let anyone ever tell you it wasnt a good lift.  Just say "hey you know what, theres a regular division and a forklift division, it doesnt make my feat less impressive"  Youre the man!!! ;D
;D

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2008, 01:06:52 PM »
Also, she fires off this bullshit.  "You can't just throw on a shirt and all of the sudden bench more, it took me like 5 weeks to get used to it"  HAHA, what a joke.  I'm sure it did take 5 weeks to forget how to actually move the weight by yourself on the bottom end and let the shirt do the work.  I'd like to see ANYONE increase their lifts by 25% in 5 weeks.

Five MONTHS.   ::)

:)

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2008, 01:08:06 PM »
Lots of misplaced anger here. Why don't any of you write letters to the Arnold Classic or Olympia organizers that have switched from Raw Bench to Assisted Bench competitions. Or to the feds that allow shirts. Lori's just a competitor, not the rule maker.

Well, I'm allowed to have my opinion of people who compete with shirts on.  You know what I really hate are the guys in the olympics that do the rowing and add a motor on the back of their boat.  But its ok, theirs a rowing division and a rowing with a motor division.  Errrrrrrrrrr wait :-\

No Patience

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2008, 01:08:11 PM »

in respect to her, i would probably need 5 weeks to get my feet to point outward like a fucking duck without fucking up
my knees, and arch my back so my dick is higher than the bar without herniating 5 discs, plus you gotta add in prep time
finding two buddies to pull on that "shirt"

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2008, 01:10:21 PM »

Five MONTHS.   ::)

5 weeks, 5 months, who gives a shit.  How long have you been lifting?  Its still a ridiculous gain in a relatively short period of time. 

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2008, 01:11:56 PM »

Because I wouldn't attend the PL meet at either, even if I was there. Lori's going to recieve criticism based on her defending and participating the 'sport' that she's chosen, much like LunchTrey recieving criticism for his participation in the 'sport' that he's chosen.

Plus, when you watch the video she posted, you can't help but laugh at how little it resembles actually lifting weights.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2008, 01:13:10 PM »
Well, I'm allowed to have my opinion of people who compete with shirts on.  You know what I really hate are the guys in the olympics that do the rowing and add a motor on the back of their boat.  But its ok, theirs a rowing division and a rowing with a motor division.  Errrrrrrrrrr wait :-\

Hahaha I fucking laughed at this really loud and spit up some Diet Pepsi Max!!!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2008, 01:13:39 PM »
Because I wouldn't attend the PL meet at either, even if I was there. Lori's going to recieve criticism based on her defending and participating the 'sport' that she's chosen, much like LunchTrey recieving criticism for his participation in the 'sport' that he's chosen.

Plus, when you watch the video she posted, you can't help but laugh at how little it resembles actually lifting weights.
how do you figure? she lowers the bar to her chest and pushed it back up, what's the difference?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2008, 01:14:27 PM »

Hahaha I fucking laughed at this really loud and spit up some protien straight from the tap

fixed for the midget.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2008, 01:16:20 PM »

Do you find yourself defending being a glorified male stripper?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2008, 01:17:19 PM »
5 weeks, 5 months, who gives a shit.  How long have you been lifting?  Its still a ridiculous gain in a relatively short period of time. 

I've been lifting forever...I trained with the shirt for the first time ever this year, and I worked with it for five months before using it in competition.
I still have a lot of gains still left to make with the shirt, which will translate into gains in my raw bench as well.

This is like arguing about religion... you're never gonna see it any other way, so I give up!  
I would urge any of you who haven't done so to put a bench shirt on, throw 100 pounds on top of your max bench, get under the bar, and see what happens.   ::)

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2008, 01:18:14 PM »

I've been lifting forever...I trained with the shirt for the first time ever this year, and I worked with it for five months before using it in competition.
I still have a lot of gains still left to make with the shirt, which will translate into gains in my raw bench as well.

This is like arguing about religion... you're never gonna see it any other way, so I give up! 
I would urge any of you who haven't done so to put a bench shirt on, throw 100 pounds on top of your max bench, get under the bar, and see what happens.   ::)

Why do you bother arguing with retards?

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2008, 01:20:39 PM »

I would urge any of you who haven't done so to put a bench shirt on, throw 100 pounds on top of your max bench, get under the bar, and see what happens.   ::)

Please analyze my comparisons to high jumping with springloaded shoes and rowing a boat with a motor on it.  I'm saying the shirt is MECHANICAL assitance, just like the two things I listed.  Please lets hear your thoughts on those.

No Patience

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2008, 01:20:52 PM »

100lb increase?? someone would have to already be benching over 400lbs for this to work percentage wise

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2008, 01:21:43 PM »
Why do you bother arguing with retards?

Hardly.  My argument is that it is ridiculous to allow mechanical assistance in a sport completely based upon how much weight a person can move.

No Patience

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2008, 01:22:07 PM »

"ripitupbaby", could you post a video of you repping 135 with no shirt on at all? i would much rather see that

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2008, 01:23:38 PM »
Please analyze my comparisons to high jumping with springloaded shoes and rowing a boat with a motor on it.  I'm saying the shirt is MECHANICAL assitance, just like the two things I listed.  Please lets hear your thoughts on those.

You do a shit job at trying to sounding intelligent,

keep trying, you might fool someone one day,

like an inbred down syndrome kid maybe.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2008, 01:24:03 PM »
Powerlifting...for when you don't have good bodybuilding genetics. ;)
bodybuilding... for when you don't have the balls to lift big weights.

Douchebag.
follow the arrows

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2008, 01:26:08 PM »

If the analogous "sports" that you mention still required strength, form, technique, skill, hard training, discipline, and things like that, then SURE, there may be possibility for another division for those categories of competition.  

I am doubting that putting a motor on a row boat falls into that category, but using spring loaded shoes for high jumping might.  If that's the case, and if everyone in the competition is using them, then it might be an interesting sport to watch.   ;D

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2008, 01:26:18 PM »
Well, I'm allowed to have my opinion of people who compete with shirts on.  You know what I really hate are the guys in the olympics that do the rowing and add a motor on the back of their boat.  But its ok, theirs a rowing division and a rowing with a motor division.  Errrrrrrrrrr wait :-\
What a lot of people really hate are the guys who compete in bodybuilding shows who rely primarily on steroids to build their physiques and would look more like swimmers than bodybuilders without their gear. But it's okay, you're competing in the "drug" division. Post some pics of how you looked pre-juice so we can determine if it's more than a 25% improvement. My money says it's closer to 75%.

Either way, when it comes to benching, neither of you are doing it on your own.

Epic Hypocrisy.
BigNationRadio.com