Author Topic: Welfare system in the US  (Read 580 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Welfare system in the US
« on: October 24, 2006, 09:56:24 PM »
Just wondering chaps, I'm discussing the differences country to country and we're wondering how your welfare system is structured.  We're considering getting green cards and mooching off your fine republican tax dollars. 

For example, in Australia as long as you meet activity requirements (looking for jobs or studying) you can get it easily.  The only homeless people are essentially spending their living money on drugs/alcohol.  They're still getting same money as everybody else.. just not so wise in their expenditure.

Its not a terribly interesting topic but this country (Australia) is booming and there is very little class difference, whereas in my home country of the UK there is a large class difference between the rich and poor.

I think potential welfare recipients should consider coming to AU as I suspect it has one of the highest mean quality of life rates in the world (if such a thing could be quantified).

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: Welfare system in the US
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 10:08:32 PM »
shit its awfull here. you can get all the welfare you want. my friend is a regular college student. hes 21 yrs old, parents have plenty of money. he gos to class for 2 hrs a day, but has been living off unemployment for over a year.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: Welfare system in the US
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 10:19:49 PM »
Ok, in Australia if you're studying you can get welfare no probs, the whole way through.  If you go to university you can essentially not turn up aswell as they do not mark attendance (other institutions do and I had a housemate get severly owned for not turning up and getting welfare).

What if you are jobless and not studying though, can you stay on welfare?