Author Topic: Watch experts of getbig please chime in  (Read 25769 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: Watch experts of getbig please chime in
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2017, 05:38:38 PM »
;D ;D sorry Taffin, go with God and spend as you wish.

Thanks Hack/Lex/Vic  :-*
T

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2017, 06:13:05 PM »
Don't get a Rolex or Omega...Service is recommended every 5 years and is around five hundred bucks, Plus, the watch is so nice that you hesitate to wear it in many situations.
Quartz watches need batteries regularly and 2 times my watches have quit running while getting batteries changed. I just bought a Citizen solar powered diving watch made completely  of titanium that's shock resistant, water proof to 300 feet, has a shatterproof crystal, heat resistant and incredibly accurate and never needs a battery or any kind of service or attention. This watch will outlast me.  $450.00

My dads had his Rolex for 20 years and has never serviced it and he wears it 24/7,lots of people never service there watches for many years.Rolex recommends so they get more money but a regular watch maker can service for 250.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2017, 06:18:18 PM »
In another thread I mentioned a big birthday coming up, and that I was looking at one of those luxury flights on Etihad or something - consensus on here seemed to judge it a bit wasteful.

I've got a little collection of divers (Seiko, etc.) that make me happy, but it never even crossed my mind to go any bigger.  But the investment side of watches makes some sense to me, and this thread has had me googling a little.  With apologies to the OP for hi-jacking this a little, does anyone have anything to say about one of these please?  (Pre-owned, natch)

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/Milgauss/116400/8074/item/80357

Or in the blue face

I had the milgauss z-blue and loved it.You can get a lnib for around 6500 and wear it for a few years and sell it for 5500.Milgauss is one of the least popular but a great watch,you won't see many in the wild.The sub on the other hand is the most popular and will take the least hit.Either way can't go wrong with a Rolex.Check them all out and go try them on,gmtii,sd4k,sub,milgauss,exp,expii,djii,etc...there is a feeling when you put a Rolex on that can be described,I've had lots of watches and the only ones that get me going are Rolex.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2017, 08:32:48 PM »
Never a fan of the rolex mil.... Too damn small. Justblike the date just or day-date

Hack Benchers

« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2017, 07:01:17 AM »
Thanks Hack/Lex/Vic  :-*
Me and my gimmics greet you back! 8)

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2017, 08:18:01 AM »
Never a fan of the rolex mil.... Too damn small. Justblike the date just or day-date

The milgauss is 40 mm,u understand the original dj and dd as they are 36mm.To me 40 mm is the perfect size in my eyes.the only watch I like that is bigger is the the deep sea at 43mm.

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2017, 10:57:44 AM »
To be honest, don't fuck about with Milgaus vs Sub et al, just pony up and get an AP chrono.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2017, 11:25:16 AM »
To be honest, don't fuck about with Milgaus vs Sub et al, just pony up and get an AP chrono.

Not after a chrono - too much stuff on the watch face I don't need.  I'm looking at clean designs, such as this

£3420

http://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/0008651/Breitling-Superocean-Heritage-46-Automatic-Mens-Watch/p
T

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2017, 11:36:27 AM »

Yeah if you want a big hit.No watch holds it value like a Rolex.Ap chronos  are to big and any company that names their watches after people should be avoided.If you want to be in another league go PP.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2017, 04:15:56 PM »
Not after a chrono - too much stuff on the watch face I don't need.  I'm looking at clean designs, such as this

£3420

http://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/0008651/Breitling-Superocean-Heritage-46-Automatic-Mens-Watch/p

That's prolly the best Look in breitling I've seen. Wouldn't get it without a leather strap though. (With my 7" wrists. Lol)

... Still, pony up and get a panerai. Ap and hubolt got popular with Jay-Z rapping about them. Hence ill never own one.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2017, 04:38:13 PM »
Not after a chrono - too much stuff on the watch face I don't need.  I'm looking at clean designs, such as this

£3420

Too much blue.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2017, 04:46:12 PM »
Too much blue.

I never wear blue. (From a red neighborhood lol), but id wear that blue face.

Was Lookin forever for a Pepsi dial GMT (saw one first time while reading DuPont registry on a plane back in 97.. Wanted one since. Had to settle for coke dial GMTs. Lol

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2017, 05:53:02 PM »

£3420

Go for the sub 114060,my absolute favorite watch,classic and simple.very clean dial.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »
I never wear blue. (From a red neighborhood lol), but id wear that blue face.

Was Lookin forever for a Pepsi dial GMT (saw one first time while reading DuPont registry on a plane back in 97.. Wanted one since. Had to settle for coke dial GMTs. Lol
My second Rolex was a GMT "fat lady". Man do I wish I hung onto that watch!

They have a black and blue bezel now.  Still 40mm. :-\

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2017, 06:31:22 PM »

Yeah the blnr,I had one then I sold it to get the deep blue.That blnr was a beauty though.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2017, 06:41:39 PM »

I always thought they were 39. I always wanted a rolex since reading my first DuPont Registry, then after getting them I was always disappointed. Lol. My first was a day-date stainless with I think? A stainless face(like a more silvery Champlain color? I forget.. It was like 18yrs ago I was 17. Only kid in school with a Rolex when everybody else had Fossil. Lol... Then picked up 2 Gucci watches, which I loved. Only cost 450 & 600... Years later after I got a lol more timepiece-davy I learned Fossil makes A LOT of watches, Gucci included) with diamond dial.

I also like a couple IWC... I think for a long time Rolex used to make the internals of iwcs (up till maybe 2012? Could be a different brand other than iwc.. I forget)

... For the dudes who say "waste of money.. Spending $2000-7000 for a watch". I hardly ever use them for time. Only time i look at them isntonsee what date it is (date window is a must for me). Watches are an "almost" investment and the only "jewlery" a man should wear.aside from a wedding ring. (Maybe earrings.. Back in the day i wore 2 1/2Ct princess cut studs in each ear and 1 1/4Ct p cut in my upper left ear... Kinda grew outta that. Lol)

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2017, 08:42:26 PM »
Go for the sub 114060,my absolute favorite watch,classic and simple.very clean dial.

Now THAT is what I'm talking about. .... thanks man, that is now top of my list no question and just within my price bracket  8)

T

Hypo

• Getbig III
buster
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2017, 08:47:40 PM »
Appreciate your opinion 10pints, I shall widen the net to submariners as you suggest.  And I'm open to other suggestions around £5k sterling max.

The reason I leaned towards a Milgaus is the incorporation of a Faraday Cage seemed unusual and potentially useful in a post- nuclear war setting.  It may also offer some mitigation against an EMP attack from outer space fritzing it (a la the War of the Worlds reboot)....

Oh, and I'd never seen someone wearing one of these before...  ;D

Wouldn't get a Milgauss unless you need it (practically) or are really in love with the look. Submariner is always popular. You may also want to look at a GMT II or Explorer I or II. I suggest you get one with a date complication.

I have an Explorer II polar 39mm. Love it. Good thing about it is the number of people who have commented: zero.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: buster
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2017, 08:54:43 PM »
Wouldn't get a Milgauss unless you need it (practically) or are really in love with the look. Submariner is always popular. You may also want to look at a GMT II or Explorer I or II. I suggest you get one with a date complication.

I have an Explorer II polar 39mm. Love it. Good thing about it is the number of people who have commented: zero.

Never been a fan of the exploree.. Just don't like the bezel. :/ Could've picked one up from a client bout 4 yrs ago for $2500... Look in back i should've gotten it and resold it and made a 500-700 profit. :(

Hypo

• Getbig III
buster
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2017, 08:57:56 PM »
Never been a fan of the exploree.. Just don't like the bezel. :/ Could've picked one up from a client bout 4 yrs ago for $2500... Look in back i should've gotten it and resold it and made a 500-700 profit. :(

Fair enough. Prefer the white dial than black. Perhaps understated as a Rolex.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2017, 09:31:39 PM »
Yeah the blnr,I had one then I sold it to get the deep blue.That blnr was a beauty though.

I'm def a fan just wish they would move to 42mm like the explorers and DJ11. Did you say you have an exp 11?  I love the orange hand with the black dial.

Hack Benchers

« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2017, 09:43:52 PM »
Now THAT is what I'm talking about. .... thanks man, that is now top of my list no question and just within my price bracket  8)

What a waist of cash. They should raise the income tax where you are from  ; : >:( ;D

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2017, 10:00:18 PM »
What a waist of cash. They should raise the income tax where you are from  ; : >:( ;D

You have quite the waist yourself, stud.  ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2017, 10:46:27 PM »
You have quite the waist yourself, stud.  ;)
  ;D ;D ;D

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2017, 05:47:26 AM »
I'm def a fan just wish they would move to 42mm like the explorers and DJ11. Did you say you have an exp 11?  I love the orange hand with the black dial.

Used to have the expii black dial,it was a beauty and definitely not one you see very often but I'm partial to ceramic bezels so the only metal bezel I have now is the Daytona.