Author Topic: OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL THREAD!!!! - Niners vs Ravens  (Read 11060 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL THREAD!!!! - Niners vs Ravens
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 08:25:21 AM »
Of course that was sarcasm.   :)

One of my coworkers was devastated when my Niners beat the Packers.  He's a part owner, so I understand. lol  But I haven't even talked to him about the game because he takes it so seriously. 

There are lots of people like him.  Then there are others who, while they will be upset if their team loses a big game (or even THE big game), keep things in perspective.  Often that takes some maturity and life experience, but not always. 

I can relate to this.  I enjoyed ragging on Pats fansup here when my team beat them (twice).    But, I know a couple who live and breathe it, so I didn't say shit to them until they were ready to discuss it.  In fact, after both games I got a text sort of like this from one of them "Congrats, you deserved it, but it's really going to take me a few weeks to discuss, so please don't contact me."
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 10:31:04 AM »
I can relate to this.  I enjoyed ragging on Pats fansup here when my team beat them (twice).    But, I know a couple who live and breathe it, so I didn't say shit to them until they were ready to discuss it.  In fact, after both games I got a text sort of like this from one of them "Congrats, you deserved it, but it's really going to take me a few weeks to discuss, so please don't contact me."

Funny.  :)  I do get upset when my team loses, but I don't carry it into real life, except for some teasing of a few friends and relatives who give me grief whenever one of my teams struggles. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 07:24:32 PM »
Is this board dead? Wanted to express my excitement over 14 points by the 49ers in 2 minutes but I guess I'll be alone here.

Yay me!

You are not alone - most fans here are rabid and don't post during a game.
Y

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 01:27:28 AM »
IF YOU LIKED IT THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT A BACKUP GENERATOR ON IT!
OH OH OHH, ...OH OH OHH!  ;D

w