Author Topic: Mandatory bigotry - Mormonism reveals its true colors  (Read 16259 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Mandatory bigotry - Mormonism reveals its true colors
« on: June 23, 2008, 06:23:03 PM »
Unfortunately, my wife is a Mormon and she's being 'ordered' to be a bigot:

http://mormonstories.org/other/08028_00.pdf

At the conclusion of the current terms, I will be cancelling my support of all Mormon businesses - including Marriott, JetBlue, and In-n-Out - for at least 4 years. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Fuck a prophet
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 06:36:10 PM »

At the conclusion of the current terms, I will be cancelling my support of all Mormon businesses - including Marriott, JetBlue, and In-n-Out - for at least 4 years. 

These religious people are iceskating up-hill with this shit , how is their marriage effected how is any marriage effected ? it not these people have to much time on their hands to worry about everyone else business.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 06:42:44 PM »
These religious people are iceskating up-hill with this shit , how is their marriage effected how is any marriage effected ? it not these people have to much time on their hands to worry about everyone else business.

I have a real problem with them passing their bigoted 'belief' system on to the next generation and I am fully obligated to protect my child from that. 

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 06:45:09 PM »
I have a real problem with them passing their bigoted 'belief' system on to the next generation and I am fully obligated to protect my child from that. 

Good to see you stand up for that for the sake of your children.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 06:48:30 PM »

While I agree with your sentiment that the Mormons (like most religions) are idiots, the companies you mentioned are all large publicly-traded corporations.  This means most stockholders, as well as most employees are not Mormons and have nothing to do with the Mormons.  Whether a company was founded back in the day by someone who was a Mormon or not, once a company goes public, it's owned by everyone from banks to individual stock investors, to your Aunt Millie's 401k retirement account.   ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

pumpher

• Getbig III
Re: Mandatory bigotry - Mormonism reveals its true colors
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »
What is the Mormon Church's stance on polygamy?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 07:30:07 PM »
As long as they don't take a stand against men in thongs, I don't see why anyone here should care....
HAHA, RON.....

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 07:31:01 PM »

In-N-Out?!?!?!  :'(
just not good enough

Sassyclassywoman

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 07:33:23 PM »

I just read the pdf.  What do you have against their belief that marriage should be between a man and woman? 

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 07:34:15 PM »
did everyone forget that the book of mormon explicitly describes black people as those punished by god? the religion was made by a white huckster in the mid-1800s, it's full of racism and bigotry.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 07:35:06 PM »

In-N-Out?!?!?!  :'(

That's what I was thinking. No way I'm giving that one up....
HAHA, RON.....

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 07:35:51 PM »
As long as they don't take a stand against men in thongs, I don't see why anyone here should care....
;D
just not good enough

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 07:35:57 PM »
I just read the pdf.  What do you have against their belief that marriage should be between a man and woman? 

Why are you on so early? It's not midnight yet.
HAHA, RON.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 07:36:20 PM »
Mitt Romney is a mormon.  And he's gonna be the VP candidate for mccain.

Sassyclassywoman

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 07:36:56 PM »
It says that in the bible as well.  Blacks are supposedly the offspring of Noah's son, Ham.  He was turned into a black because he mocked Noah's nakedness.  It's all there in the great book.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 07:38:26 PM »
did everyone forget that the book of mormon explicitly describes black people as those punished by god? the religion was made by a white huckster in the mid-1800s, it's full of racism and bigotry.

I didn't forget that.   >:(

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 07:47:05 PM »

They can believe what ever they want.  And no one is asking them to perform same sex marriages.  But they're trying to prevent others who don't share their believes from marrying.

Just think if we had ballot propositions in 1948, when the California Supreme Court ruled that laws preventing whites from marrying non-whites were unconstitutional.   Most certainly the majority would have voted to overturn that.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 07:47:37 PM »

All religions were made by hucksters, white or otherwise.  The only difference with Mormonism is it's more recent so it's easier to see the fraud.  If we were all living in the first century CE, we'd view Christianity in much the same way.   And 2000 years from now obvious cults like Mormonism and Scientology will probably be viewed as mainstream religions, once history has as much distance from the circumstances of their founding as it does today in the case or Christianity, Islam, and Judism.  (Unless, of course, our society grows up and recognizes religion for the primitive man-made superstition it is.  I wouldn't count on it, though.  :()

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 07:53:06 PM »

All religions were made by hucksters, white or otherwise.  The only difference with Mormonism is it's more recent so it's easier to see the fraud.  If we were all living in the first century CE, we'd view Christianity in much the same way.   And 2000 years from now obvious cults like Mormonism and Scientology will probably be viewed as mainstream religions, once history has as much distance from the circumstances of their founding as it does today in the case or Christianity, Islam, and Judism.  (Unless, of course, our society grows up and recognizes religion for the primitive man-made superstition it is.  I wouldn't count on it, though.  :()

2000 years from now, humans won't exist as we know them today, and be so incredibly intelligent compared to the flawed things we are today (due to the exponential growth of technology) that the "religion" as it is today = a thing of the past.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 07:54:15 PM »
It says that in the bible as well.  Blacks are supposedly the offspring of Noah's son, Ham.  He was turned into a black because he mocked Noah's nakedness.  It's all there in the great book.
Where?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 07:58:09 PM »

2000 years from now, humans won't exist as we know them today, and be so incredibly intelligent compared to the flawed things we are today (due to the exponential growth of technology) that the "religion" as it is today = a thing of the past.

2000 years from now there's a better-than-even chance we won't even be here, having finally succeeded in wiping ourselves out one way or another.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 07:58:22 PM »
Where?

the curse was placed on canaan, specifically. thus, the canaanites, which encompassed a chunk of africa (namely egypt) are the inheritors of said curse.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 07:59:58 PM »

2000 years from now there's a better-than-even chance we won't even be here, having finally succeeded in wiping ourselves out one way or another.

More likely: 99% of humanity will destroy itself or be destroyed, and a group of transhumans will survive and thrive, or humanity naturally evolves into something else that lives in 2000 years.

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 08:00:52 PM »

When you say "we" ,Do you mean GETBIG ???

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 08:01:17 PM »
the curse was placed on canaan, specifically. thus, the canaanites, which encompassed a chunk of africa (namely egypt) are the inheritors of said curse.

So the NBA has a curse on it?
HAHA, RON.....