Author Topic: Walking cardio  (Read 9834 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Walking cardio
« on: December 25, 2016, 10:16:05 PM »
I hate doing cardio in the gym on a machine. I prefer to go for a walk outside maybe on a nearby trail. Even walking around downtown is ok. Who's with me on this?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Re: Walking cardio
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 11:34:10 AM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 08:26:24 PM »
I hate doing cardio in the gym on a machine. I prefer to go for a walk outside maybe on a nearby trail. Even walking around downtown is ok. Who's with me on this?

i run outside... hate the treadmill even when it's below freezing.. same principle I guess

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 08:27:27 PM »
Walking is really under rated. Go for a fast walk of 5 miles a day. I bet in one week you will see a big fat loss. Since walking fast is only around 3.8 MPH to 4.0 MPH it takes a lot of time to walk any distance and a ton of steps. The draw back to fast walking over running is the amount of time it takes. Another big plus is that while it's great exercise it's never brutal compared to running. It works without getting into the exhaustion zone.  Combine lifting with long fast walks and watch the fat come off. I'm a runner but every time I get on a walking kick I really think I get better results concerning fat loss.

joeygym65

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 12:45:17 PM »

I do the samething. I absolutely hate doing cardio.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 01:01:47 AM »
Walking is the only form of "cardio" I do.
Doesnt make you exhausted and tap into your muscle recovery like running or cycling, still keep the metabolism going.
Stan Efferding is a big advocate of walking too.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 09:21:59 AM »
Walking is the only form of "cardio" I do.
Doesnt make you exhausted and tap into your muscle recovery like running or cycling, still keep the metabolism going.
Stan Efferding is a big advocate of walking too.

Yep!
Stan advocates taking frequent post-prandial walks throughout the day to help support insulin sensitivity and weight management. Supposedly, current research suggests that the overall health benefits of three or four moderate intensity 10-min walks are greater than doing them all at once.

Stan is also a fan of HIIT cardio using weights for loaded carries, high-rep squats, and stair sprints for fat-loss and conditioning.

He offers some excellent information on his youtube channel.

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 10:52:37 PM »

Yep!
Stan advocates taking frequent post-prandial walks throughout the day to help support insulin sensitivity and weight management. Supposedly, current research suggests that the overall health benefits of three or four moderate intensity 10-min walks are greater than doing them all at once.

Stan is also a fan of HIIT cardio using weights for loaded carries, high-rep squats, and stair sprints for fat-loss and conditioning.

He offers some excellent information on his youtube channel.

I confess I had to look up "prandial"- can't wait to use it on my stupid friends...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 02:57:34 PM »
I confess I had to look up "prandial"- can't wait to use it on my stupid friends...

LOL... Sorry.

I work in the medical field.
Sometimes I subconsciously infuse professional vernacular in normal conversation.