Author Topic: Turkey launches offensive into Syria. Was Trump right to pull out?  (Read 2014 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: Turkey launches offensive into Syria. Was Trump right to pull out?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 11:39:17 AM »
Assad will crush ISIS all on his own.

Neither Assad nor Russia wants a Muslim caliphate in Syria.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 12:19:08 PM »
I'm not sure about the humanitarian factor here, but I can tell you that US energy independence has all but solved the US intervention problem in the middle east....in other words sticking up for one crazy sect over another for oil.

By the same token it does expose our loyalty to Israel and Saudi but pretty sure that was no secret -  at least not under Trump.

I guess you can say it is pro-American interest but I still feel for those who are left hanging that were fighting for our military industrial complex.

I'm sure Code Pink will be releasing a statement about how this was a great non-interventionist anti-war decision by Trump. NOT.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 12:39:20 PM »
I have to say - this man has guts to go against the war profiteers. More like Pat Buchanan every day.

"From the first day I entered the political arena, I made it clear that I did not want to fight these endless, senseless wars — especially those that don't benefit the United States," Trump added. "Turkey has committed to protecting civilians, protecting religious minorities, including Christians, and ensuring no humanitarian crisis takes place_and we will hold them to this commitment."

"Fighting between various groups that has been going on for hundreds of years. USA should never have been in Middle East," Trump said in a series of tweets. "The stupid endless wars, for us, are ending!"

"Trump argued on Twitter that "GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY!" He said the U.S. went to war under a "false & now disproven premise, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. There were NONE!"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-defends-syria-move-doesnt-125821312.html

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 12:42:34 PM »
And the weirdest thing to see is those same people that hated G.W. Bush in Iraq hating on this as well. Neocons on the left and right.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 12:55:27 PM »
The fact of the matter is that we supported the Kurds (with weapons, money, air defense) and they did all the fighting on the ground on our behalf.  If it wasn't for the Kurds we would not have "defeated" ISIS (something that Trumptard constantly brags about whether it's true or not)

Now, Trump has given Turkey the green line to attack OUR ALLIES

Of course Trump doesn't see it that way because he doesn't give a shit about our allies

What he cares about is enriching himself .....serving his master in Russia

Gotta keep the money flowing at Trump Towers Instanbul....that's the bottom line

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 01:58:23 PM »
The fact of the matter is that we supported the Kurds (with weapons, money, air defense) and they did all the fighting on the ground on our behalf.  If it wasn't for the Kurds we would not have "defeated" ISIS (something that Trumptard constantly brags about whether it's true or not)

Of course Trump doesn't see it that way because he doesn't give a shit about our allies

Gotta keep the money flowing at Trump Towers Instanbul....that's the bottom line

Turkey is a NATO member and our ally.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 02:39:09 PM »
I have to say - this man has guts to go against the war profiteers. More like Pat Buchanan every day.

"From the first day I entered the political arena, I made it clear that I did not want to fight these endless, senseless wars — especially those that don't benefit the United States," Trump added. "Turkey has committed to protecting civilians, protecting religious minorities, including Christians, and ensuring no humanitarian crisis takes place_and we will hold them to this commitment."

"Fighting between various groups that has been going on for hundreds of years. USA should never have been in Middle East," Trump said in a series of tweets. "The stupid endless wars, for us, are ending!"

"Trump argued on Twitter that "GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY!" He said the U.S. went to war under a "false & now disproven premise, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. There were NONE!"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-defends-syria-move-doesnt-125821312.html

The whole concept of foreign aid is essentially a kickback to weapons manufacturers. The countries  get the money with a string attached, that they have to use it to buy weapons.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 02:43:55 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-offensive-syria-imminent-trump-081148569.html

We pull out and they charge in . Now we have Turkey at war against the Kurds?
Ok, then who's fighting ISIS and Syrian/Brasher el Ashad  loyalitsts  ?

I understand that the USA doesn't want to fight everyone's battles.
But , when and how do we get involved?

Trump pulled us out and plenty of congressional leaders opposed it.
Maybe his action has merit but, I honestly don't know enough about it ( being honest) ;)

* It bugs me when some self-appointed know-it-alls act like they're world class experts on this stuff.

Your father should have pulled out

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 03:37:31 PM »

You’re just wrong on several things here.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 04:43:03 AM »

You are a Neocon.

Trump: 'We're Leaving Syria.' Neocons Go Nuts!

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2019, 05:56:45 AM »

RUSSIA!!!! bro you are an endless source of entertainment, hahahaha... you live in a dream world if you think any of our allies give a fuck about the USA either.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2019, 11:49:35 AM »
"Turkey launches offensive into Syria. Was Trump right to pull out?"

These are two separate issues.

1) Yes, Turkey did attack Syria.

2) Trump did not pull out.  Ask Marla Maples.