Author Topic: Heres The Diet I Will Follow, Comments Or Critiques?  (Read 2408 times)

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Heres The Diet I Will Follow, Comments Or Critiques?
« on: January 14, 2006, 12:24:13 PM »
As I have stated elsewhere I have just returned to training after close to a 4 year layoff.Just finished up my second week of training.I am 6'2" tall & I estimate I am 180-195 lbs.I actually think I may be at the low range of them #'s.Here goes....
#1-I take this when I wake in the morning usually between 6-7 a.m.
   A shake containing:
   2 scoops whey protein
   8 oz. 2% milk
   2-3 whole eggs
   1-2 tablespoons omega 3-6-9 omega fats
   1 banana
   1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter
This tides me over till breakfast when I eat:
#2-1 Spanish omelet:Contains tomatoes,green peppers & onions & 2 whole eggs
      1 banana or green apple
      1 bowl of oatmeal w/a 1/4 cup of 2% milk
      1 glass 2% milk
After this I hit the gym for whichever bodypart I am training that particular day.After my training is done I immediately take:
#3- Protein shake which contains:
       2 scoops whey protein mixed w/
       8 oz. of Gatorade
After this I head for home whereupon a half hr - 45 minutes later I eat:
#4-I usually make myself 1 of 3 different meals at this time which is:
      3/4 cup of rice
      8-10 oz lean beef/steak
      2/3 rd cup mixed veggies
Now, in place of the lean beef/steak I at times will replace that with a chicken breast or I will take a can of tuna & mix in 2 tablespoons mayo & chop up a stock of celery & a green pepper, mix it all together & make 2 sandwiches  w/that using 2 slices of whole wheat bread that I prefer toasted.The rice & veggies are a staple in these meals & doesn't change unless I feel like a baked potato in place of the rice.After this we get to meal 5 which is:
#5- Same as meal number 4 but usually change it for a change of pace depending on which I have eaten previously. After this we get to #6 which is:
#6-Whatever the wife has made for our evening meal.Now if it is a pasta dish or something I feel doesn't have the protein in it I need I will make myself a whey protein drink mixed only with water to go along with it.
#7- this meal will be a repeat of meal #'s 4/5

For water intake I have a Prolab shaker that measures out to 750 mls.I will fill & empty that shaker usually 6-8 times per day or more.At times I have a hard time to eat like this as I have to force feed myself but I usually get er done.In the evenings if I get hungry I will usually snack on nuts or beef jerky (if I do snack at all) if I have any.If not veggies can satisfy my cravings.At times in the evening if I awaken (fairly rare) I will make myself a protein drink just using water to mix it with also.
Soooo, what do you ppl. here think of this diet & any suggestions on or if I may need to tweak it? Thanks a lot.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Heres The Diet I Will Follow, Comments Or Critiques?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 12:42:13 PM »
     2/3 rd cup mixed veggies

Got somthing against veggies?
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 12:44:39 PM »

250 oz. 2% milk

250 oz. of gatorade

Something's not right with this  ???

:

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 12:56:51 PM »
Something's not right with this  ???

I think he means ml....if not that's a ton of fluids. That's over 1500 calories of Gatorade & over 3700 calories of milk.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 01:07:24 PM »
No princess I have nothing against veggies but as I stated I have a hard time to force feed myself & find that just the right amount for myself.I have them veggies w/3 of them meals.On some days I may have more & as stated at night I will usually snack on veggies.The 2% milk I just like using as a change of pace in my protein drinks if I don't mix them w/just water & the glass for breakfast is to help wash down the breakfast itself.As for the gatorade?Well after my training I feel it is one of the best ways to get simple carbs shuttled to the muscles that are starving for them (that "window of opportunity" you may have heard of?) & the only time I use the stuff.My goal at the moment is just to get back into shape fitness wise but I usually down the road will start to want to gain weight.Not that I won't on this diet I feel as I am what most ppl. call an easy gainer.if anything at the moment i'd like to maybe get to 200-205 lbs which is usually easy for me to do & later after that decide from there.BTW i am a diabetic since last time training & right now am seeing just how my body will respond w/this difference in my body.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 01:09:29 PM »
hahah yes my mistake Rimbaud. Never even noticed that error :-[.I just mean a cup in them areas.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 01:14:39 PM »
It would be funny watching someone trying to drink 250 ounces of milk in one sitting.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 05:19:18 PM »
Yeah it would be a blast.Cool I could & did edit my post.Guess i'm not as idiotic an internet user as I thought I was.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 08:21:47 PM »
It would be funny watching someone trying to drink 250 ounces of milk in one sitting.

I think somebody could do it, but the resulting buttwater would be diabolical.
a

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 09:07:56 PM »
Gee, no replies as to if good or not!Not really worried as it must be working.The wife was telling me I was gaining weight but I didn't believe her as she sees me in my b'day suit every day  :D. Today my mom in law saw me & she mentioned to the wife that i've gained weight from last time she saw me & in the gym today that I go to, the gym owner/friend of mine said I had gained since i've started 2 weeks ago also.We are very critical of each other also!At times when he critiques me I wanna just hit him so bad but then again he probably feels the same when I critique him  :D.