Author Topic: Luke Wood needs a kidney transplant  (Read 76454 times)

nolotil

• Getbig III
Re: LUKE WOOD: NEEDS KIDNEY TRANSPLANT
« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2009, 06:19:36 AM »
I can all but guarantee you that AAS had zero to do with failing kidneys...If you took 2 minutes to do some homewrk, you might know that as well.

PAIN KILLERS...look it up,fool...

being ignorant only backs up "burying your head in the sand".

does it matter in this case ? AAS puts stress on your system and its most likely a combination effect of the various drugs luke took. yes some drugs have more acute effects than others but the whole lifestyle isnt healthy.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2009, 06:19:48 AM »
I can all but guarantee you that AAS had zero to do with failing kidneys...If you took 2 minutes to do some homewrk, you might know that as well.

You're really gonna argue increased blood pressure from AAS abuse doesn't affect kidney function with a straight face? :)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2009, 06:20:01 AM »
oh brother  ::)

;D
Oh brother...

Not this shit again.
FIXED ;D
N

affy

« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2009, 06:20:21 AM »
is this the buffgoddess we are talking to?

looks like palumbo's face glued onto a polio ridden t-rex's body

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2009, 06:21:18 AM »

thats a man so much drugs tummy fat is same as on a man . male fat deposit pattern

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2009, 06:22:12 AM »
I just got off the phone to Luke, he is well considering what he has been through.

About three months ago he was told the worst and was looking at dialysis and perhaps a kidney transplant.

He has had dozens of blood test and luckily his levels have stabilised for now and he has not needed to start treatment at this stage.

He is on a very  low protein diet and after a few months out of the gym is back training.

He took it pretty hard and when I saw him in October was pretty ordinary. We spoke about the importance of perspective and the irony of hindsight. Luke had an amazing ride and became one of the best in the world at what he loved. Unfortunately, for a whole lot of reasons, he burnt out.

He has retired from pro bodybuilding and is looking forward to getting on with the rest of his life. He is a gentleman and kind person, I wish him every success from this point forward.

I told Luke that we liked him cause he was a good guy, not because he has big muscles.

Luke has been a great supporter of my pro contests, TV shows and gyms. He has always been the first to send congratulations when my 4 kids were born.

Good luck Luke.

As for everyone here, please take it easy it is bad karma to kick someone when they are down.

TD.

A lovely sentiment... but is it true? ???

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2009, 06:22:42 AM »
Why the constant abuse of painkillers for heavy juice addicts Chick?  We all have aches and pains.  Is it from the intense G4P sessions?  I thought the colon expanded naturally?
Joke aside, why the painkiller abuse then...

NUBAIN is the main cause.....Why use it?  I really dont know the answer to that question...always seemed strange to me as well, then again, so does getting drunk. I never even heard of it until I moved to LA back in 01, and when it was explained to me what it was...my next question was "So why use it?"

All I know is, its bad news

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2009, 06:24:30 AM »

That is her, yes.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2009, 06:25:31 AM »

typical chick response...this is his response to everything...you are ignorant, i know better...you are fool.  

pain killers...right.  that leads to kidney failure..and abusing AAS has nothing to do with it...who sounds ignorant now bob?
footloose and fancy free

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2009, 06:26:35 AM »
You're really gonna argue increased blood pressure from AAS abuse doesn't affect kidney function with a straight face? :)

I didnt mention blood pressure, and it may effect it TO A POINT...but the damage inflicted by Nubain, Advil, Ibuprofin, etc., isnt even measureable to be compared. As I''ve said many times...it's the combination thats the main problem...stress from training, stress from hypertention, stress from too much protein, and stress from pain killers...add in the riggors of contest dieting and throw in a few diuretics, and it doesnt add up to a good situation.

zwide

• Getbig II
  • hard work is the only way
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2009, 06:26:55 AM »
Open invitation to any guy that thinks he can take me: Call Next Level and ask to schedule our fight ASK FOR Greg Thompson for mat time, he'll let me know. Don't be perturbed if he laughs at you...Anyone else, if you can't back it up,shut the fuck up....

Seriously  ::)  ::) get the hint - you starting to sound very retarded and whatever self respect you had before is disappearing with everypost - you sound like a child looking for attention - :-\
Hard work is the only way

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2009, 06:27:56 AM »

typical chick response...this is his response to everything...you are ignorant, i know better...you are fool.  

pain killers...right.  that leads to kidney failure..and abusing AAS has nothing to do with it...who sounds ignorant now bob?

LOL...you're too stupid to even respond to...do some homework, son...and get back to us

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #162 on: December 11, 2009, 06:30:21 AM »
NUBAIN is the main cause.....Why use it?  I really dont know the answer to that question...always seemed strange to me as well, then again, so does getting drunk. I never even heard of it until I moved to LA back in 01, and when it was explained to me what it was...my next question was "So why use it?"

All I know is, its bad news

Are you saying Nubain is kidney toxic? It wasn't mentioned once by TP as far as I can remember.

Are you saying Luke is a Nubain addict?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2009, 06:30:40 AM »
LOL...you're too stupid to even respond to...do some homework, son...and get back to us

hehe...yeah, bob..forgot..you graduated from what medical school?

is that all you have? you are too stupid to even respond to...yet you confirmed exactly what i said in my previous post...you disguised by saying stress from training..stress from diuretics...too much protein..but you won't say AAS---you just can't bring yourself to admit it.
footloose and fancy free

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2009, 06:32:34 AM »
Sad that this should happen to Luke. I remember when he appeared on the scene earlier this decade, becoming a pro and moving from Australia to compete in the USA. He always looked huge and jacked. I remember also when he used to Train with Hide, Flex Lewis, and Milos at the latter's gym.

Surely he must have been doing something else all along that contributed to his kidneys/health failing faster than those other guys. You can tell they went head to head when it came to anabolics.

Shame it should happen to such a nice young bloke who was always friendly and helpful on the forums.  :(

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2009, 06:35:13 AM »

hehe...yeah, bob..forgot..you graduated from what medical school?

is that all you have? you are too stupid to even respond to...yet you confirmed exactly what i said in my previous post...you disguised by saying stress from training..stress from diuretics...too much protein..but you won't say AAS---you just can't bring yourself to admit it.

Guys have been blasting steroids for decades...you never heard of any kidney problems until fairly recently...when diuretics, pain killers, etc were starting to become part of the program...I'm sure AAS dont help, but to make them the sole problem is just being ignorant (as you are)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2009, 06:35:46 AM »
I didnt mention blood pressure, and it may effect it TO A POINT...but the damage inflicted by Nubain, Advil, Ibuprofin, etc., isnt even measureable to be compared. As I''ve said many times...it's the combination thats the main problem...stress from training, stress from hypertention, stress from too much protein, and stress from pain killers...add in the riggors of contest dieting and throw in a few diuretics, and it doesnt add up to a good situation.

Prolonged high blood pressure affects renal function.

I'm not suggesting you (or anyone else) waste time doing homework because it won't make a difference in people's usage.

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2009, 06:36:08 AM »
just like chick to rush over and attempt cover for his
fellow drug addicted felons

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2009, 06:36:10 AM »
Luke's a cool guy, no one deserves this.

but someone who did it to himself.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2009, 06:36:33 AM »
Are you saying Nubain is kidney toxic? It wasn't mentioned once by TP as far as I can remember.

Are you saying Luke is a Nubain addict?

I wouldnt know what Luke was doing...why would you suggest that I do?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2009, 06:36:54 AM »
sticks and stones bobby...

yeah, wtf...even if medical studies show kidney issues arise with AAS.  Why listen to that shit..WTF does the medical community know...and i'm the ignorant one.
footloose and fancy free

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: December 11, 2009, 06:37:25 AM »
just like chick to rush over and attempt cover for his
fellow drug addicted felons

Where do you see any cover?

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2009, 06:39:19 AM »
It's so refreshing to know that Getbig is the still the same ol shit hole i left before. Full of keyboard gladiators that have never competed in anything but maybe the preliminaries of the Video game awards. Damn! Get off your asses and start competing in actual events that require more than an alien IQ...I have several degrees so dont go there with me...

you are the only one barking out gladiatorial bullshit here. go clean the sand from your cvnt. or maybe get your buck tooth GI son to do it.

I asked about you with people who know. your another mma wannabeeeee. maybe ill visit your little wannabee gym soon.

6-0 hahaha (*dismissive wank*)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2009, 06:40:20 AM »
Where do you see any cover?
I liked that article where you said all the competitors were subjected to random drug testing.
That had me on the floor laughing...haah
Random=1 test per 20 years
Shawn Ray being the last one tested..haha
 ;D
N

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2009, 06:40:40 AM »
why single out AAS in this case? bodybuilding on pro level is a state of constant sickness due to all the shit that is done to the body.