Author Topic: Ha Ha! America, FUCK YEAH!!! ALEX JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 26567 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Ha Ha! America, FUCK YEAH!!! ALEX JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2013, 09:50:12 AM »
The military and the police (The government)will always have the upper hand, even if you have all the guns in the world, they will always have the better weapons.  They have the tanks, the fighter jets, the warheads, the nuclear weapons, etc etc etc.

The gun will not protect you if its the military you are worried about buddy  :)

Look at Iraq and Vietnam.  They held off the US Military in a full scale attack for years and were poorly armed unlike the US people.  On top of that, governments don't attack their own people with jets, warheads, nukes, to kill them all off (that would be ending their own power).  

Thanks for posting Wiggs.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2013, 09:53:08 AM »
Don't use my thread as a platform for your race bullshit. Race consumes you. Don't think so, go reread your posts. As I've told you many times before, it's not about race. You are very tribal in nature. That's not very "evolved."

This is about GUNS and us keeping them.

In a good society you don't need guns.

NN

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2013, 09:53:53 AM »
I guess you'd have to be a freedom loving American to understand. When the people wake up and understand they do have the power, yes, it will indeed make a difference. Each country's people must feel the same way.
Hey, I'm all for freedom, personally I would feel like a slave if I needed a firearm to be FREE.  Freedom to me is NOT NEEDING TO OWN A GUN.  I can remain somewhat detached, I live in a Country where their is no GUN CULTURE and very strict Gun Control.  It is terribly SAD to hear of children as young as 5 being murdered at school though, and it does make one wonder what's the point of such a Gun Culture if that's the price you have to pay, it could be argued that it would be better to be a NWO lackey than to attend the funeral of your own murdered children.  If we had a similar problem here in Australia, with children not safe to go to school, and that the school-yards had become like highly secured prisons, I would consider this a failed country.  But, like you said, it's your country, and Horses for courses and all that.
V

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2013, 09:54:13 AM »
In a good society you don't need guns.

NN

There's no such thing as a good society.  

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2013, 10:02:29 AM »
There's no such thing as a good society.  
Well I suppose it comes down to comparisons, but their are definitely preferable societies to want to live in, their are many third world war torn countries that are outright miserable places to be, and their are many first world countries that are reasonably egalitarian and comfortable places to live.  They are not perfect, but it sure beats IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN, SYRIA, NORTH KOREA, AFRICA ETC ETC. 
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2013, 10:06:11 AM »
I can't believe Alex challenged Piers to a boxing fight. A Boxing promoter needs to set the match up between Piers and Alex Jones, I would pay to see that!   :o
V

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »
The military and the police (The government)will always have the upper hand, even if you have all the guns in the world, they will always have the better weapons.  They have the tanks, the fighter jets, the warheads, the nuclear weapons, etc etc etc.

The gun will not protect you if its the military you are worried about buddy  :)
Thing is the military are also part public. They have wifes and children, brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, friends etc. You think they will turn on their own because some smelly fucking whore politicians says so?!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2013, 10:37:28 AM »
Piers Morgan is simply interested in the financial bottom line and if his program has to more and more resemble The Jerry Springer show then so be it.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2013, 11:21:55 AM »

Good post, the defence reason for owning guns is so lame to me. crazy country.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2013, 11:33:50 AM »

Why is owning a gun for self defense crazy to you?   ???

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2013, 11:35:50 AM »

No it's not and statistics show this. Crazy country, yes. We'll defend it to the death.

You euro pussies (outside of Germany) role over like a virgin on prom night. No balls.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2013, 11:37:36 AM »
Guns empower individuals, a society that isn't armed is at the mercy of those who are.

It's not that complex.

Look through history, at any oppressive government

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2013, 11:38:59 AM »
Guns empower individuals, a society that isn't armed is at the mercy of those who are.

It's not that complex.

Exactly, I'm failing to understand how one can't grasp this concept.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2013, 11:39:10 AM »
Why is owning a gun for self defense crazy to you?   ???
Because you make it sound as if you live in a lawless crazed war torn anarchistic society.  The odds of someone coming after you with the intent to kill you is pretty remote, and if they do want to kill you, they will.  On the other hand if you find yourself the victim of a crime, you still may not be near enough to your gun to offer any real self protection.  The whole situation sounds like people are just afraid and get some type of false sense of security from owning a gun.  Statistics show that during a crime being committed, you are more likely to be seriously injured or killed if you have a firearm, so rather than offering protection, it actually increase your chances of being seriously or fatally injured.  It actually offers less protection, not more.
V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2013, 11:39:16 AM »
I've thought about it, and if I had to leave the US (for whatever reason) Australia would be my second choice.  Good solid country, but I'm definitely troubled by the fact that they gave up their guns.  :-X

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2013, 11:40:17 AM »
Because you make it sound as if you live in a lawless crazed war torn anarchistic society.  The odds of someone coming after you with the intent to kill you is pretty remote, and if they do want to kill you, they will.  On the other hand if you find yourself the victim of a crime, you still may not be near enough to your gun to offer any real self protection.  The whole situation sounds like people are just afraid and get some type of false sense of security from owning a gun.  Statistics show that during a crime being committed, you are more likely to be seriously injured or killed if you have a firearm, so rather than offering protection, it actually increase your chances of being seriously or fatally injured.  It actually offers less protection, not more.

History repeats itself, you're extremely naive.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2013, 11:43:07 AM »

It's not that complex.

Guns disempower individuals, if you NEED a gun, you have become disempowered not EMPOWERED.  I live in a society were there are few guns, and their are no armed individuals holding society hostage.  That type of thinking seems like the mindset of an irrational paranoid and scared little person.  It sounds like Gun Owners have taken themselves hostage.
V

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2013, 11:43:50 AM »
Statistics show that during a crime being committed, you are more likely to be seriously injured or killed if you have a firearm, so rather than offering protection, it actually increase your chances of being seriously or fatally injured.  It actually offers less protection, not more.

I've argued from the same viewpoint as you do, but I had trouble trying to find the relevant statistics for this particular statement. Would you mind sharing?
from incomplete data

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2013, 11:45:11 AM »
I've thought about it, and if I had to leave the US (for whatever reason) Australia would be my second choice.  Good solid country, but I'm definitely troubled by the fact that they gave up their guns.  :-X
Australians hate Gun Nutters, best to stay home.  You would be too scared here without your guns, their are lots of tough real men getting around the place, and without a gun, you would literally piss your pants.
V

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »

this

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2013, 11:49:35 AM »

As stated in the video, this country was bred from violence. Look at what we currently do...WAR. Our economy runs on WAR. And as I'm sure you know we lead the way in almost everything violent in comparison with other western countries. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that it's citizens would like to feel safe and have security.

And btw, that's not true. Those stats didn't show that. They showed that if the person wasn't properly trained, it didn't make that big of a difference whether they had a weapon or not. That sense of security is not false. It's called peace of mind. In addition, having it is better than not having it, it's up to you train as much as you'd like. There are so many stories of people getting robbed and once the burglar hears "click, click".  or realize the homeowner is armed, they leave. 

Finally, knowing all you do about the evils of our government, you'd be a fool to not want to be armed.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2013, 11:52:08 AM »
I've argued from the same viewpoint as you do, but I had trouble trying to find the relevant statistics for this particular statement. Would you mind sharing?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2759797/

individuals in possession of a gun were 4.46  times more likely to be shot in an assault than those not in possession. On average, guns did not protect those who possessed them from being shot in an assault.

http://ajl.sagepub.com/content/5/6/502

For most contemporary Americans, scientific studies indicate that the health risk of a gun in the home is greater than the benefit. The evidence is overwhelming for the fact that a gun in the home is a risk factor for completed suicide and that gun accidents are most likely to occur in homes with guns. There is compelling evidence that a gun in the home is a risk factor for intimidation and for killing women in their homes
V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »
As stated in the video, this country was bred from violence. Look at what we currently do...WAR. Our economy runs on WAR. And as I'm sure you know we lead the way in almost everything violent in comparison with other western countries. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that it's citizens would like to feel safe and have security.

And btw, that's not true. Those stats didn't show that. They showed that if the person wasn't properly trained, it didn't make that big of a difference whether they had a weapon or not. That sense of security is not false. It's called peace of mind. In addition, having it is better than not having it, it's up to you train as much as you'd like. There are so many stories of people getting robbed and once the burglar hears "click, click".  or realize the homeowner is armed, they leave. 

Finally, knowing all you do about the evils of our government, you'd be a fool to not want to be armed.

That's my main reasoning, I'm all for people leaving their weapons locked up at home 24/7/365 (I pretty much do).

It's not about security from individuals with me, there hasn't been a break in in my neighborhood since like 1994.  

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2013, 11:55:15 AM »

individuals in possession of a gun were 4.46  times more likely to be shot in an assault than those not in possession. On average, guns did not protect those who possessed them from being shot in an assault.

For most contemporary Americans, scientific studies indicate that the health risk of a gun in the home is greater than the benefit. The evidence is overwhelming for the fact that a gun in the home is a risk factor for completed suicide and that gun accidents are most likely to occur in homes with guns. There is compelling evidence that a gun in the home is a risk factor for intimidation and for killing women in their homes

Thanks.
from incomplete data

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2013, 12:07:06 PM »

That's because those in possession WERE IN POSSESSION because they were at a higher risk to begin with.