Author Topic: Ever stopped training a body part indefinitely?  (Read 1602 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Ever stopped training a body part indefinitely?
« on: December 06, 2014, 05:29:54 AM »
Ive always had a chest i wasnt proud of: had a few gyno procedures in early twenties to correct genetic puffy nips. No gland, just puffy skin and water type stuff so surgeries were all about skin tightening. Its about 80 percent better now but still not in love with it. Its one of my main insecurities since age 10 and it still is in my 30s.

Also, my pec muscles have not increased in size much since that initial 2 years of beginner gains from college. No improvements really. I was thinking of totally abandoning training for chest. My thoughts are, the gains i got years back from college will most likely remain (or some), it will create a larger looking image of delts, allow me to focus on arms and badly needed glute work (wife thinks my ass is flat lol), and make my lower chest muscle/fat not protrude as much so an appeareance of a tighter/firmer/smaller chest might look pretty good. Or; this will back fire and cause my chest to get even saggier. But as long as im in shape and keep diet on point this shouldnt happen.

Thoughts?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Ever stopped training a body part indefinitely?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 05:33:17 AM »
Seems idiotic. It's not like your going to stop obsessing about how shitty your chest looks and when it starts to atrophy you'll be more unhappy with it.

Why not double-down on chest? Get some fucking surgery if you are that unhappy with it. At least train it to your genetic limit.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 05:34:07 AM »
Legs.  Just do cycling now

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 05:39:05 AM »
Seems idiotic. It's not like your going to stop obsessing about how shitty your chest looks and when it starts to atrophy you'll be more unhappy with it.

Why not double-down on chest? Get some fucking surgery if you are that unhappy with it. At least train it to your genetic limit.

I tried double down on chest bro, it really wont budge much. I was thinking this would be a good time to focus on things that do need work like my quads and ass. Im not a BBer, just like to train and look good

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 05:44:11 AM »
I actually had to quit training my chest.  It grows like a weed and dominates most of my other bodybarts.  Right now I'm bombing my deltoids and legs trying to bring my physique into balance.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 05:48:41 AM »
I actually had to quit training my chest.  It grows like a weed and dominates most of my other bodybarts.  Right now I'm bombing my deltoids and legs trying to bring my physique into balance.

I can honestly say that I have nothing that I think "dominates". It all sucks, some worse than others. I can't imagine looking at anything on me and going, "yup, good enough"

This is how the bb-ing insanity starts, isn't it?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 05:51:31 AM »
I can honestly say that I have nothing that I think "dominates". It all sucks, some worse than others. I can't imagine looking at anything on me and going, "yup, good enough"

This is how the bb-ing insanity starts, isn't it?

So true. Saw an episode of scrubs where the asshole doc said "never be happy with your body, thats when u give up"...true quote but mentally wrong at the same time. Life would be better if u could accept how u look. bBing is a mental disorder

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 06:01:32 AM »
i do go a month or even 2 doing no direct arm training at all in the winter,just relying on heavy back work and heavy chest work and keep the bi's and tri's stimulated enough so no atrophy occurs,this might sound crazy but my arms actually make dent progress in the winter when im not training them at all.since i only competed a couple times in my whole life,and they where only local gym shows i never really put much stock into not training a bodypart for reasons of it getting outta proportion to the rest of my body. i did always believe though that if id build my calves as big as i could get them they would give the illusion of better over all legs, everytime i see a person with gigantic calves and decent quads id b impressed,if i seen a guy with overpowering quads and pinner calves i was not very impressed. i also worked alot on my medial head of my delts to give the illusion of being wider,it worked bigtime. most guys have enormous overdeveloped front delts and look hunched over and not wide at all,thats because they aint doing things right. id always do exercises to help my outer sweep on my quads, exercises to build my outer and lower pecs to give my chest a wide and thick look,id work my lower tri's really hard to give my arms the look of super fullness, same with bi's,heavy hammer hammer curls to make the bi's look fuller/longer and thicker. to be honest im not sure if all that stuff works what i do but it keeps my workouts interesting and at my age variety is the KEY,i must b doing something right ive been training  now since the late 70's and its going on 2015,thats alot of years and to keep at it that long aperson needs variety up the ass to keep going :D
R

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 06:03:46 AM »
Calves. It's not that I've stopped training them, but they grow so easily I only need to train them a few times and then they look after themselves for while. Hamstrings are like that too a bit but my calves grow just from walking or running so I tend to forget about them. Shame the rest of me isn't like that.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 06:05:51 AM »
All of them  :D

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 06:17:02 AM »
R

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 06:59:19 AM »
Didn't train calves with any consistency for 10 years, they grew from squats and despite desperate efforts to bring up the arms my calves remained 2 inches bigger than the upper arms.
Train them now as arms finally caught up and its evened itself out. But to be honest the don't really grow much better working them hard twice a week than when I never trained them

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 07:15:05 AM »
Pretty slack on calves.  What's the point?  They never grow.  At all.  If I absolutely hammer them then I can't walk right for 2 days and then they still don't grow.

Forearms once in a blue moon and after all these years of shoulder issues am still horribly lazy about preventative cuff/girdle work.  :-\

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 07:26:34 AM »
calves, don't care no more. Been at his for 25 years, they don't repond so fuck it.
?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 07:27:28 AM »
Pretty slack on calves.  What's the point?  They never grow.  At all.  If I absolutely hammer them then I can't walk right for 2 days and then they still don't grow.

Forearms once in a blue moon and after all these years of shoulder issues am still horribly lazy about preventative cuff/girdle work.  :-\

After 50 years of shitty calves, I tried an everyday, high-volume plan that lasted a month that actually put 3/4 of an inch on my calves. They still look like shit, but ever so slightly less like shit. And closed some of the 2" gap between my flexed upper arm measurement and my calf measurement (pathetic). I couldn't walk for the first 3 days for sure, but it got better.

Everyday, do 100 standing, bodyweight calf raises with both bare feet on the floor consecutively with cadence. Nothing else. If it gets easy (or easier), you can add some small weight. I am up to a pair of 30's, no more.

Believe me, by rep 70 you want to kill yourself.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 07:36:42 AM »

I stopped training my brain.

That's why I am on getbig so much

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 07:59:45 AM »
After 50 years of shitty calves, I tried an everyday, high-volume plan that lasted a month that actually put 3/4 of an inch on my calves. They still look like shit, but ever so slightly less like shit. And closed some of the 2" gap between my flexed upper arm measurement and my calf measurement (pathetic). I couldn't walk for the first 3 days for sure, but it got better.

Everyday, do 100 standing, bodyweight calf raises with both bare feet on the floor consecutively with cadence. Nothing else. If it gets easy (or easier), you can add some small weight. I am up to a pair of 30's, no more.

Believe me, by rep 70 you want to kill yourself.

Alright, fuck it, I'll have another crack at 'em then.  I'm like a bushman of the kalihari over here.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 08:16:36 AM »
Pretty slack on calves.  What's the point?  They never grow.  At all.  If I absolutely hammer them then I can't walk right for 2 days and then they still don't grow.

Forearms once in a blue moon and after all these years of shoulder issues am still horribly lazy about preventative cuff/girdle work.  :-\
That's what a quitter would do, try hitting them every single day with a thosand reps and see how they respond.

kepler2008

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 08:21:29 AM »
Neck (they work a lot with deadlift and clean)
Calves (just genetics)
Biceps + triceps (they seem to maintain just with (standing) military & bench press, and rowing)
Abs (boring, I just preferred to spare my energy for complex mouvement such as clean, back & front squat, etc)

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 08:38:34 AM »
I don't have an arms day anymore...I sometimes do 3 or 4 sets after working other body parts.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 08:39:26 AM »
Abs : after an injury, they lost thickness but really no obvious physical change

Front delt : because of pain too, they just didnt pop much
then did presses and front raises again and they blew the hell up, give me a nice capped look from the front