Author Topic: Stellantis Fires 400 Engineers On Zoom Meeting  (Read 1847 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Stellantis Fires 400 Engineers On Zoom Meeting
« on: March 22, 2024, 06:37:51 PM »
They received an email on Thursday night at 8:00 pm stating Friday was a mandatory remote day.  They were then given an invitation for an online operational meeting which was just a mass firing of everyone on the call.  Apparently, all their jobs have already been outsourced to cheaper offshore locals like India and Brazil. 

What are your thoughts about such cold corporate behavior?

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
Re: Stellantis Fires 400 Engineers On Zoom Meeting
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 08:50:07 PM »
Shitty cars.

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 08:51:07 PM »
This type of story will become so commonplace it is no longer newsworthy.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 08:53:25 PM »

Wtf is stellantis

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2024, 12:13:42 AM »
Wtf is stellantis

Don't worry about it sweetheart, go think about how to get indoor plumbing in your shack.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2024, 12:42:43 AM »
Corporations are brutal. They use you and spit you out. You should have the same attitude towards them.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2024, 05:20:59 AM »
Corporations are brutal. They use you and spit you out. You should have the same attitude towards them.

Most people do.  What goes around comes around.

Engineering jobs have always been feast or famine.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2024, 05:24:20 AM »
Fucking cowards way out. I have no respect for a boss who doesn’t have the stones to let people know where they stand in a face to face meeting. Cold blooded shit right there.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2024, 05:30:53 AM »
Fucking cowards way out. I have no respect for a boss who doesn’t have the stones to let people know where they stand in a face to face meeting. Cold blooded shit right there.

Saves time and no need to march people out under guard to keep them from stealing pencils and shooting the bosses.

They are giving severance packages to these paper pushers.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2024, 05:34:05 AM »
Wtf is stellantis

Stellantis is the world's fourth-largest automaker.  It includes brands like Jeep, Peugeot, Citroen, Dodge, Chrysler, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Opel, Ram, and Vauxhall.

Their revenue is $189 Billion with a 9.8 percent profit.  Market cap is $85 billion currently.  My point is, they are not a small company and definitely have the resources to lay people off in a humane way.  It says a lot about how it's being run from the top.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2024, 05:38:34 AM »
Stellantis brands:   

Abarth Alfa Romeo Chrysler Citroën Dodge DS Fiat Jeep Lancia Maserati Opel Peugeot Ram Vauxhall

Controlling owners:

Following the 50% FCA and 50% PSA merger, the owners were:

Agnelli family (Exor): 14.40%
    Peugeot family (Etablissements Peugeot Frčres, EPF): 7.19%
    Bpifrance: 6.18%
    Dongfeng Motor Corporation: 1.58%[31]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellantis#

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2024, 05:40:24 AM »

Amazon is one of the most brutal.  I know four people who have been managers there.  They always give you a $15K signing bonus, which you have to pay back if you don't make it a year and they give $30K in stock that doesn't vest till you've made it to the three year mark.  Many don't get to keep either.  One of the people I know left after two years and said it wasn't worth it to stay the three years to get the stock.

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2024, 06:28:31 AM »
Stellantis is the world's fourth-largest automaker.  It includes brands like Jeep, Peugeot, Citroen, Dodge, Chrysler, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Opel, Ram, and Vauxhall.

Their revenue is $189 Billion with a 9.8 percent profit.  Market cap is $85 billion currently.  My point is, they are not a small company and definitely have the resources to lay people off in a humane way.  It says a lot about how it's being run from the top.

So they make cars that suck. Surprised they didn't lay off everyone.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2024, 06:31:04 AM »

Good - all those people can now work in my supersafe Uranium mines.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2024, 06:40:55 AM »
Who gives a fuck getting fired=vacation
Corporate jobs=fucking off all day everyday
A

Dorian Cutler

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2024, 06:44:34 AM »
Who gives a fuck getting fired=vacation
Corporate jobs=fucking off all day everyday
right? getting laid off is like a paid vacation and you can tell your boss what you really think about him

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2024, 08:22:22 AM »
So they make cars that suck. Surprised they didn't lay off everyone.

You're looking at the glass as half full, I prefer to think of it as half empty.  The world needs optimists such as yourself.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2024, 09:27:44 AM »

One of my daughters was making 200K at a company.  I know that's nothing by get big standards. They told her to lay off 9 workers the week before Christmas. She told her boss who makes one million a year it was because of her mismanagement that they were bleeding money.  She refused to lay off the workers making 100k plus and they fired her.  She got another job in a month almost making the same money but bottom line they don't give a fuck about anyone except the top dog. 

Dorian Cutler

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2024, 11:11:32 AM »
One of my daughters was making 200K at a company.  I know that's nothing by get big standards. They told her to lay off 9 workers the week before Christmas. She told her boss who makes one million a year it was because of her mismanagement that they were bleeding money.  She refused to lay off the workers making 100k plus and they fired her.  She got another job in a month almost making the same money but bottom line they don't give a fuck about anyone except the top dog.
this should be common knowledge

ElPolloSalmonello

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2024, 10:53:29 PM »
I ran the Thai subsidiaryof a US corporation. When heads had to roll in the US, I was involved in the selection process -  We were on product development side, so knew pretty well who did what and how well.

It was fucked up. Race/sex was a big part of it. Diversity is important. Getting it wrong in firing can be as bad as getting it wrong in firing, so the lawyers were part of the process. Employment contracts were 'at will' so no notice period was given. I saw Dennis get fired. He was 30 years in the job. He was called into a meeting, the  given 15 mins to get the fuck out - like a fucking criminal. Terrible way to treat people.severance was not required but was given to avoid potential lawsuits.

One Spanis gal in support was 6 months away from getting her green card. There was quife a heated discussion about it - but c-level management didnt give a flying fuck and they cut her. Another 6 months of her salary was nothing. She was a friend too andI knew she was getting cut.

Basically the job is to treat people like numbers and avoid law suits. Different countries have different labor laws. Thailand is skewed towards tbe employee. The US is skewed towards the corporation. Not cool.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2024, 12:44:29 AM »
I ran the Thai subsidiaryof a US corporation. When heads had to roll in the US, I was involved in the selection process -  We were on product development side, so knew pretty well who did what and how well.

It was fucked up. Race/sex was a big part of it. Diversity is important. Getting it wrong in firing can be as bad as getting it wrong in firing, so the lawyers were part of the process. Employment contracts were 'at will' so no notice period was given. I saw Dennis get fired. He was 30 years in the job. He was called into a meeting, the  given 15 mins to get the fuck out - like a fucking criminal. Terrible way to treat people.severance was not required but was given to avoid potential lawsuits.

One Spanis gal in support was 6 months away from getting her green card. There was quife a heated discussion about it - but c-level management didnt give a flying fuck and they cut her. Another 6 months of her salary was nothing. She was a friend too andI knew she was getting cut.

Basically the job is to treat people like numbers and avoid law suits. Different countries have different labor laws. Thailand is skewed towards tbe employee. The US is skewed towards the corporation. Not cool.
It's only getting worse.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2024, 04:23:17 AM »
Amazon is one of the most brutal.  I know four people who have been managers there.  They always give you a $15K signing bonus, which you have to pay back if you don't make it a year and they give $30K in stock that doesn't vest till you've made it to the three year mark.  Many don't get to keep either.  One of the people I know left after two years and said it wasn't worth it to stay the three years to get the stock.

The turn over there is incredible. When they hire they invite 25 people to interview then in front of the 25 people without interviewing them they say you are all hired.  Their turn over of workers tells the tale of how they are treated there. They are assembly line workers with quotas and watches on their work. The supervisors are tasked with making sure they meet the quotas.  One guy told me he had to hold his piss and the 15 minute break had him walking a far distance to the bathroom. Didn't Bezo's say if he could replace them  all with machinery he would do it?

Goliathon

• Getbig III
  • Here comes the boom!!
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2024, 09:35:54 AM »

Christmas firings etc should come with some sort undue hardship fee etc.

It should be harder and less desirable to fire someone between dec15 and January 31.

Otherwise it's bad for the overall economy, as low consumer confidence can cause tanking consumption during the holiday season.

Goliathon

• Getbig III
  • Here comes the boom!!
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2024, 09:44:30 AM »

I have no idea how anyone expects loyalty form a company. It's not the 1970s.

It's like people who think the HR lady is nice. I remember having to tell my coworkers off for being friendly with her, bitch is there to turn humans into a resource. Sure enough a few months later she royalty screws over the owner of the company's son(good friend).

Your employer is the enemy in which you're in a cold war stalemate. The goal is to jump ship at the right time and get a job with a competitor so you can  skullfuck your ex boss. At any job I find the people who work on loyalty and honor and then treat the rest as canon fodder. I have people who've I worked with where we fundamentally dislike each other but we have a real bond of trust and professionalism, we know we'd help eachother get jobs, cover for eachother etc even if we never want to be in the same room together. In contrast some of my favorite people to hang with I want to see thrown under a bus, due to their lack of loyalty.

If I sound bitter I'm ironically not, I have a system I'm incredibly passionate about and it works.

What I can't stand is people getting fooled by the same old tricks over and over again. Save save save, never trust an employer, any job is a temp job. If a job is super safe and stable it's a good sign it's a zombie company with no opportunity to advance.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2024, 01:52:47 PM »
Anyone who believes their employer has their best interest at heart is stupid.
T