Author Topic: Can America handle having a Black President?  (Read 5881 times)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Re: Can America handle having a Black President?
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2008, 12:21:00 PM »
I have to say, for all the attention the media has brought up about race, it certainly seems the majority of voters don't care.

The person that said 'I'd much rather have a black conservative than a white liberal'...I couldn't agree with you more (as long as they were a moderate conservative   ;D).  I'd love to see a black moderate become president, just to break the historical mold.  Its nice to see that most (not all) people in this country have moved beyond race.  Finally!

JB, you make some excellent points.  Up here in the north, I have never known of or met 1 member of the KKK (nor would I want too).  I think its a washed up organization that has no power and attracts a few southern teens and young adults.  I do agree that the real danger is aggressive race based larger, more public organizations, as you mentioned.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 01:37:29 AM »
I'm a fan of Barrack.  I think he has a lot of swagger and might be able to make a good president.  My only question is can American handle having a Black President? Although people like to think that racism is nonexistent, it is still strong in a lot of the middle states in the US.  Just like what happened to MLK, Malcom X, I would believe that Barrack would be under the highest of security because those crazed KKK people will be on the hunt.  As forward as I would like to think this country is there are still a lot of ass backwards people.
I can see the white-male republicans going nuts if a black man ever became their leader.  If you look at the majority of all corporations, about 99% of the upper execs are white males with a few women and blacks thrown in.
Barrack believes that he can bring American back together on a common ground but I honestly believe he would end up splitting this county in two if he won.  A lot of people would not respect him or consider him their president because of race.

Let's keep this conversation civil and lay off any racist remarks.  I would like to hear how many of you would be okay with having a Black man as President.

Barrack "Mandingo" Obama.
 ;D

As empty as paradise

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2008, 01:56:34 AM »

Barrack "Mandingo" Obama.
 ;D

Change we can believe in...and Yes we can...
I hate the State.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2008, 05:20:34 AM »
I think he has a lot of swagger

::)

Awesome running platform recognition. "He's got swagger, so I'm voting for him"

Here is what is going to happen the White House curtains become stained from frying chicken, and a watermelon patch garden starts growing in the backyard. That is about the only CHANGE he's going to make.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2008, 08:32:09 AM »

Awesome running platform recognition. "He's got swagger, so I'm voting for him"

Here is what is going to happen the White House curtains become stained from frying chicken, and a watermelon patch garden starts growing in the backyard. That is about the only CHANGE he's going to make.

WTF is swagger?

As empty as paradise

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2008, 09:23:15 AM »

WTF is swagger?

Some type of weird sex thing.  I hear it's popular in Sweden or something.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 09:57:33 AM »
I'm a fan of Barrack.  I think he has a lot of swagger and might be able to make a good president.  My only question is can American handle having a Black President?

Seeing how Obama is half white, I say we won't find out one way or the other in November. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 10:26:30 AM »

WTF is swagger?

They say John Wayne walked with a "swagger"
 (A confident, king of the room Walk) Id guess.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 01:14:08 PM »
Seeing how Obama is half white, I say we won't find out one way or the other in November. 

I wonder how much he hates having to admit that he's half "the man".. especially since his racial preference is obvious.  I wouldn't be surprised if he bad mouths white folks behind closed doors.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2008, 01:34:12 PM »
It is odd that he identifies himself as black and the media identifies him as black, but he is mixed race.  I assume he was raised more by the black side of his family?  That would make sense.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2008, 01:49:11 PM »

lol at all the closet racists in this thread (especially Beach Bum, who grows more ridiculous with each post on the subject).  Grow some balls and just say that you want to vote for the other guy because he's more like you than OBama.  Enough with the weak rationalizations.

I know that when I first saw him at the DNC I wondered "who's that black dude?" I wasn't all "Who's that half-white half-African dude? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2008, 02:00:54 PM »
It is odd that he identifies himself as black and the media identifies him as black, but he is mixed race.  I assume he was raised more by the black side of his family?  That would make sense.

It isn't odd at all.  It's the one drop rule/appearance rule.  If he has an ounce of "black blood" or if he "looks black," he's black.  I don't agree with it, but that's what society says.   

I think he was raised by his white mom. 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2008, 02:03:31 PM »

lol at all the closet racists in this thread (especially Beach Bum, who grows more ridiculous with each post on the subject).  Grow some balls and just say that you want to vote for the other guy because he's more like you than OBama.  Enough with the weak rationalizations.

I know that when I first saw him at the DNC I wondered "who's that black dude?" I wasn't all "Who's that half-white half-African dude? 

I'm not in any closet.. ;D

As said earlier, I would rather vote for a black conservative than a white liberal.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2008, 02:03:51 PM »

lol . . . . You assume too much and think too highly of yourself grasshopper.  lol.  . . . .

So Einstein, what exactly makes him a black dude, instead of a white dude when his mother is white and his father was black?  His appearance?  Blood quantum?    

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2008, 02:12:48 PM »

So Einstein, what exactly makes him a black dude, instead of a white dude when his mother is white and his father was black?  His appearance?  Blood quantum?    

::)  If he loses, it will ultimately be because he is tied down by his ancestry.

And you're going to use that same rope to help hang him. yeah, yeah, I know you have other ropes too, but you know they're not enough, so you're going to use this one too.  And you're patting yourself on the back about how "enlightened" you are.  On this one issue, you'll out-liberal the libs... be more idealistic than Joan fuckin Baez.  Whatever....it's amazing how many rationalizations a person can make and still sleep soundly at night. 

What kind of man doesn't acknowledge his mom, blah blah

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2008, 02:16:33 PM »
::)  If he loses, it will ultimately be because he is tied down by his ancestry.

If that's why then so be it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2008, 02:44:24 PM »

And you're going to use that same rope to help hang him. yeah, yeah, I know you have other ropes too, but you know they're not enough, so you're going to use this one too.  And you're patting yourself on the back about how "enlightened" you are.  On this one issue, you'll out-liberal the libs... be more idealistic than Joan fuckin Baez.  Whatever....it's amazing how many rationalizations a person can make and still sleep soundly at night. 

What kind of man doesn't acknowledge his mom, blah blah

Why do you call him a black dude when his mom is white? 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2008, 03:12:05 PM »
Why do you call him a black dude when his mom is white? 

Because to people like you he can be nothing but a black man.  And because people like you help condition the rest of us to some extent or the other. 

Cue the "I'm color-blind...." meltdown.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2008, 03:14:56 PM »
Because to people like you he can nothing but a black man.  And because people like you help condition the rest of us to some extent or the other. 

Cue the "I'm color-blind...." meltdown.

I see.  So you call him a black man because of what other people think.   ::)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2008, 03:20:52 PM »
I see.  So you call him a black man because of what other people think.   ::)

I'm sure on some level i think it too....and unlike you, I'll admit it.  Don't quite have your flair for hypocrisy yet, and I hope I never do. 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2008, 03:38:20 PM »
I'm sure on some level i think it too....and unlike you, I'll admit it.  Don't quite have your flair for hypocrisy yet, and I hope I never do. 

que the "I'm better than you because I admit my flaws" meltdown

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2008, 03:39:57 PM »
I'm not in any closet.. ;D

As said earlier, I would rather vote for a black conservative than a white liberal.

But that's not the choice we have.  

Most people find ways to rationalize their subjective desires.

I suspect that if people were given that choice, there'd be a lot of "he's not that liberal" "he's only going to increase taxes 4%" "UHC makes good economic sense" etc.

I'd be fine with that, as I'd pick a white Dem over a black Republican, but

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2008, 03:42:02 PM »
que the "I'm better than you because I admit my flaws" meltdown

Que? You from south of the border?  ::)

Whatever, dude. This is fuckin America... beach bum and a couple of others are acting like we've transcended our history. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2008, 06:07:05 PM »
If he's elected, then we'll have the largest ever penis in the oval office in our history. A wang far larger than any other world leader's(that's if you exclude African nations).

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2008, 06:11:12 PM »

Obama president! = dead in the first year (maybe a month)

but i think america need's a change, he could be the guy!
are you delusional?