Author Topic: How do I do a Zottman Curl?  (Read 18079 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: How do I do a Zottman Curl?
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2008, 09:56:37 AM »
LOL. Jefferson was an brilliant statesman and intellectual titan, but that critique is nullified by Sally Hemings and his biological legacy, thereof. He's just another animal, like the rest of us.  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2008, 10:08:32 AM »
"The very best forearm exercise is the one invented by George Zottman.  He used to do it with a pair of 50-lb. Dumbbells, and you can start it with a pair of 20-pounders. 

Stand erect, with the arms hanging at the sides.  Then bend your right arm and bring the bell up in front of your chest, with the palm of the hand up and the wrist bent strongly inward.  Bring the hand still further up until it is in front of the right shoulder, and then rotate your forearm until the palm is front, and then lower the bell slowly (with knuckles up) until the arm is again hanging at the side.  The right hand describes a complete circle.  When your right hand is in front of your shoulder, start your left hand coming up.  Both hands work at the same time, but as the right hand is coming down the left hand is coming up, and vice versa. The elbows should be kept close to the sides throughout the whole exercise."

Let's analyze the lift, breaking it down into sections.  Basically, the Zottman curl is simply a dumbbell curl followed by a reverse curl.  When people think of curls, they usually think of a biceps exercise, but the Zottman curl is really a forearm exercise.  In fact, the amount of weight used is limited much more so by the strength of the forearms, not the biceps.  The beauty (genius really) of the exercise is that a person doing the exercise basically can do more weight on the reverse portion of the movement compared to if they were do the entire exercise with the palm down.   ;D

The Coach

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2008, 10:22:16 AM »
"The very best forearm exercise is the one invented by George Zottman.  He used to do it with a pair of 50-lb. Dumbbells, and you can start it with a pair of 20-pounders. 

Stand erect, with the arms hanging at the sides.  Then bend your right arm and bring the bell up in front of your chest, with the palm of the hand up and the wrist bent strongly inward.  Bring the hand still further up until it is in front of the right shoulder, and then rotate your forearm until the palm is front, and then lower the bell slowly (with knuckles up) until the arm is again hanging at the side.  The right hand describes a complete circle.  When your right hand is in front of your shoulder, start your left hand coming up.  Both hands work at the same time, but as the right hand is coming down the left hand is coming up, and vice versa. The elbows should be kept close to the sides throughout the whole exercise."

Let's analyze the lift, breaking it down into sections.  Basically, the Zottman curl is simply a dumbbell curl followed by a reverse curl.  When people think of curls, they usually think of a biceps exercise, but the Zottman curl is really a forearm exercise.  In fact, the amount of weight used is limited much more so by the strength of the forearms, not the biceps.  The beauty (genius really) of the exercise is that a person doing the exercise basically can do more weight on the reverse portion of the movement compared to if they were do the entire exercise with the palm down.   ;D

I've been using the Zottman curl in my strength programs for years, mostly for rotator cuff strength and stability. I will use them also with a shoulder rehab. People think it's just for bicep and forearm.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2008, 10:23:56 AM »
I've been using the Zottman curl in my strength programs for years, mostly for rotator cuff strength and stability. I will use them also with a shoulder rehab. People think it's just for bicep and forearm.

Joe, Do you think Zottman curls would benefit this man?

The Coach

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2008, 10:25:37 AM »

Yes......this man needs all the help he can get.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2008, 10:26:20 AM »
Yes......this man needs all the help he can get.

How many days a week have you been campaigning for him?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »
LOL. Incorrigible, as my mum used to say.  :D

The Coach

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
How many days a week have you been campaigning for him?

Where are you going with your spin?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2008, 10:31:03 AM »
ADAM ABELES YOU THINK YOUR A GENIUS

KEY WORD = "THINK"

NOW GO EAT YOUR BIG MACS AND STARVE THE REST OF THE DAY YOU DUMBFUCK

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2008, 10:31:09 AM »
Where are you going with your spin?

Nowhere, just felt like tossing around the obama diss ball for a bit.  You were supposed to tell us why you wouldn't campaign for obama, I'd ask you why McCain was superior in those areas, you'd deliver your points, and I'd tell you 'job well done'.  Young, undecided voters here would see an educated exchange of ideas on the issues between two grown men who knows the issues, and perhaps they'd get a better idea which candidate they prefer in the fall.

The Coach

« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2008, 10:32:40 AM »
Nowhere, just felt like tossing around the obama diss ball for a bit.  You were supposed to tell us why you wouldn't campaign for obama, I'd ask you why McCain was superior in those areas, you'd deliver your points, and I'd tell you 'job well done'.  Young, undecided voters here would see an educated exchange of ideas on the issues between two grown men who knows the issues, and perhaps they'd get a better idea which candidate they prefer in the fall.

I've posted my income............figure it out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2008, 10:37:19 AM »

LOL... I understand - You make 300k and Obama would cripple you financially.

One could argue that McCain's policies, while they'll keep YOU afloat for another 4 years, will result in millions losing their homes and going broke over the next 4 years.   These millions of people without jobs or homes will then begin to ruin YOUR quality of life by spreading disease, begging in the streets, or sticking a pistol in your face at red lights because they have kids to feed.

How do you defend the policy of voting for the man who will help the top 10%, just because you're in that top 10%, even if it means the other 90% will start to ruin the place as a result?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2008, 10:49:01 AM »
That depiction of Obama fully invokes this depiction of Arnold.

Which in turn coincide rather conjunctively with these photos.

Some take to things ever so naturally.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2008, 10:50:12 AM »
 "adam" (what a pussy name, LOL) you fucking racist bitch

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2008, 10:55:28 AM »
ADAM ABELES YOU THINK YOUR A GENIUS

KEY WORD = "THINK"

NOW GO EAT YOUR BIG MACS AND STARVE THE REST OF THE DAY YOU DUMBFUCK

shut your mouth you peon...one the of great getbig legends has returned from his sabbatical and his brilliant wit is much needed now that squadfather is no longer with us. He will destroy you and your below three digit IQ, now go back to being fatt damon.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2008, 11:26:09 AM »
Not to get in the way of the struggling attempts at intellectual eliteness by TA, but now back to the original question. 

Wes and The Beef are correct. One arm at a time, curling inwards along the body and than lowering in a gooseneck position for the forearms. Confirmed that it was used quite a bit by the Muscle Beach crowd in the '60's/'70's by an old timer of that era. I had know it as the Zotterman curl, so I am corrected on that part.

Mild suggestion to TA: time for you to gain about 25lbs of pure muscle mass, would not you agree? If that is your goal. The high school gymnast look is gettin pretty old after so many years at GetBig, do not you think? No offense, but you tend to look small and fragile. Sorry, no malice intended, just a personal observation on my part. Good Luck, you may need it.
F

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »
Really!? Maybe it's the English in me, but don't you think that a bit crass?  ???

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2008, 11:47:03 AM »

Which in turn coincide rather conjunctively in these photos.

Some take to things ever so naturally.

Man, one could post the same pics of Arnold with Black kids, and pics of Obama with white people...Hell, a person could go further and post pics of Arnold congratulating the winners of the Arnold Classic and come to the conclusion that he's for the abuse of drugs.

TA, you try to keeping your mouth shut, because every time you post here, you show  how you're just a bitter anti-socialite, who tries to sounds intellectual, but is constantly reminded of how inferior his physique is, and how much he resembles Smedell.

Same as two years ago , and lame as two years ago...I thought you'd figure it out by then.

Or do like Jefferson, and go enjoy some 14 year old mulattoes....

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2008, 01:45:26 PM »
Always good of you to Meltdown.

Where did I "Meltdown"?  (Capital M!  Must've been some meltdown ... or maybe you're just capitalizing words for emphasis again  :-\)  I called you on being a dumbass and evading me with a picture of your mediocre physique. 

I get a giggle when I purposely induce tirades of ineffectual tension that haunt your entire mental constitution.  Such a simple way to coax out the roach with such leisurely effort in order to step on it ever so unassumingly.

I call you on your terrible writing, so the entirety of my "mental constitution" is haunted by you?  What logic:  a weak dodge/ad hominem and false dilemma fallacies all for the price of one! 

Keep 'em coming, boy genius!  :D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2008, 01:47:38 PM »
adonis seems to be extracting divine powers from all the attention placed upon him here
A

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2008, 01:49:11 PM »
i was doing  them one time not too long ago got a great pump....
L

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2008, 01:50:37 PM »
i was doing  them one time not too long ago got a great pump....
you are so pumped you might explode
A

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2008, 01:51:32 PM »
you are so pumped you might explode
not today falcon , not today...
L

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2008, 01:51:47 PM »

Oops!  I guess I'm about to melt down again, because you meant evoke, Mr. Eloquence.  (Who's your teacher?  You sound like an even lamer version of Michael Eric Dyson.)

Which in turn coincide rather conjunctively with these photos.

:D

Coinciding conjunctively ... but you're just being redundant on purpose, I'm sure  :-\

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2008, 01:53:27 PM »
Oops!  I guess I'm about to melt down again, because you meant evoke, Mr. Eloquence.  (Who's your teacher?  You sound like an even lamer version of Michael Eric Dyson.)

:D

Coinciding conjunctively ... but you're just being redundant on purpose, I'm sure  :-\

what the fu ck are you yappin about ? no one cares about your tampon responses....move along bitch..
L