Author Topic: 30 Days - Gun Nation  (Read 2550 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
30 Days - Gun Nation
« on: October 24, 2008, 06:35:41 PM »
I'm watching this episode on tv. link is in post 2

this is CTer material  :D they brought up the V.Tech shootings, you think the government plants these "nutjobs" to take guns away from regular people?? 

the woman on the show is nutty.

It's a bit long but worth the watch!
After Pia learned that her friend had been killed by a schizophrenic man wielding a gun in 1996, she became a gun control advocate who has fought to pass stricter gun laws in the U.S. Pia believes that the world would be free from gun violence only by prohibiting the sale of guns to anyone outside of law enforcement and armed services.

For 30 Days, Pia will live in the heart of gun culture in the rural town of Leesburg, Ohio with gun enthusiast Ken Ekermeyer, 39, and his 15-year-old son Zach. Ken is an avid gun collector and rarely leaves home without his gun strapped to his side. Ken believes carrying a gun is his right guaranteed to every American by the Second Amendment. As Pia struggles to understand the Ekermeyer's beliefs and somewhat isolated way of life, she will work at a local gun store and experience what it is like to carry a gun in public, learn to handle and fire weapons and will introduce Ken to other gun control activists who have lost loved ones to gun violence.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: 30 Days - Gun Nation
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 06:38:10 PM »

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 08:13:18 PM »
ive seen it ya she has pyschological issues, she stated that she went to a therapist and if i remember correctly her therapist was shot by somebody.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 10:56:19 PM »
I heard that she did a radio interview a year later and her views still had not changed. Pathetic.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 11:06:51 PM »
do you really need guns? Is crime that bad/widespread in America that every citizen feels the need to own a gun just to feel safe at night?
No doubt about it...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 11:23:57 PM »
do you really need guns? Is crime that bad/widespread in America that every citizen feels the need to own a gun just to feel safe at night?

I think you're all missing the point.

With what we've seen over the past 8 years, I have done a complete 180 on gun control.

I say Americans...Keep your guns! you're gonna need them. not so much to protect yourselves from the local crackhead who may want to steal your stuff (although it may come in handy for those occassions), but keep your guns and know how to use them for the purpose that right was put into your constitution, ...to defend your nation against it's enemies (both foreign & domestic)
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 11:30:01 PM »
I think you're all missing the point.

With what we've seen over the past 8 years, I have done a complete 180 on gun control.

I say Americans...Keep your guns! you're gonna need them. not so much to protect yourselves from the local crackhead who may want to steal your stuff (although it may come in handy for those occassions), but keep your guns and know how to use them for the purpose that right was put into your constitution, ...to defend your nation against it's enemies (both foreign & domestic)
agreed but just wait if your savior gets in he will undoubtely try and take them away.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 11:31:59 PM »
i guess it just depends, will the majority of ppl ever need to use a gun in self defense? no probably not
but like the saying goes id rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 02:18:25 AM »
agreed but just wait if your savior gets in he will undoubtely try and take them away.

Naw, ...Obama is too smart for that. The only reason a gov fears an armed citizenry is not due to the criminal activity that comes with it, ...it's because of the curtailment of criminal activity they'll be capable of with an armed citizenry. As far as I know, ...the only time the gov went door to door to seize the guns of law abiding American citizens occured on Bush's watch. Governments don't like citizens with guns cause they're harder to fuvk with. Obama isn't looking to screw the people, ...he's looking to give the government back to the people.
w

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 11:08:11 AM »

Gun owners are another check on the government, that's always a good thing.
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 11:08:48 AM »

Exactly!
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 11:10:05 AM »
As far as I know, ...the only time the gov went door to door to seize the guns of law abiding American citizens occured on Bush's watch.

EXACTLY!

You're on the ball today jag!  8)
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 11:51:03 AM »
Naw, ...Obama is too smart for that. The only reason a gov fears an armed citizenry is not due to the criminal activity that comes with it, ...it's because of the curtailment of criminal activity they'll be capable of with an armed citizenry. As far as I know, ...the only time the gov went door to door to seize the guns of law abiding American citizens occured on Bush's watch. Governments don't like citizens with guns cause they're harder to fuvk with. Obama isn't looking to screw the people, ...he's looking to give the government back to the people.
wrong federal assault rifle ban was passed while clinton was in office...ill give you pennies to pesos that he will try and take away gun rights. If you actually listen to his speeches and not just nod your head in agreement then you might understand or looked at his record on the subject. He is incredible anti gun and anti second ammendment for somebody to disagree and take the opposite stance shows how ignorant that person is on this subject.

how is he looking to give government back to the ppl jag?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 11:54:55 AM »
Seriously... do any of you think he can really ban guns?

Really?

Do you realize how many Democrats believe in guns?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 12:17:56 PM »
Seriously... do any of you think he can really ban guns?

Really?

Do you realize how many Democrats believe in guns?
im not saying he will try and take all guns away from us but he will undoubtedly try and take some gun rights away from the public. Do you really think that he wont try and take away gun rights?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 12:20:19 PM »
im not saying he will try and take all guns away from us but he will undoubtedly try and take some gun rights away from the public. Do you really think that he wont try and take away gun rights?

I don't think it will matter... There are far too many people on both sides who will not support more gun rights being removed.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 02:59:04 PM »
I'm torn on the guns issue.

I either don't give a fuck...

Or,

I could give a shit less.

I'm still making up my mind on this issue.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 01:13:13 AM »
I don't think it will matter... There are far too many people on both sides who will not support more gun rights being removed.

LOL so with the most liberal president in history with a liberal senate you dont think that he will succeed in passing anti gun bills?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 01:17:30 AM »
I'm torn on the guns issue.

I either don't give a fuck...

Or,

I could give a shit less.

I'm still making up my mind on this issue.
let me guess decker you dont own a gun? LOL  ::) of course its a non issue for ppl that dont believe in gun rights.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 01:44:28 PM »
LOL so with the most liberal president in history with a liberal senate you dont think that he will succeed in passing anti gun bills?

No... I don't... How can you say he's "the most liberal?"

What amazingly liberal pieces of legislation has he written?

Also, what is so wrong about being socially liberal? How does being liberal equate to not liking guns.

I'm as socially liberal as you can be... I'm all for gay marriage, abortion, legalizing most drugs as well as prostitution.

You can't get my guns though... Because I believe in the 2nd amendment.

So by what standard does liberal = gun control?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 01:55:19 PM »
No... I don't... How can you say he's "the most liberal?"

What amazingly liberal pieces of legislation has he written?

Also, what is so wrong about being socially liberal? How does being liberal equate to not liking guns.

I'm as socially liberal as you can be... I'm all for gay marriage, abortion, legalizing most drugs as well as prostitution.

You can't get my guns though... Because I believe in the 2nd amendment.

So by what standard does liberal = gun control?
LOL well voting with the democratic party 100% of the time makes you liberal does it not?

http://www.gunowners.org/pres08/obama.htm
dude this is just one link type in obama and guns and see his stances for yourself he is staunchely anti gun.

which president passed the assault rifle ban? which party is it that raised taxes on ammo and wants to raise them again? LOL bro for the most part your arguements are pretty good and based in logic but your wrong on this one man do some research.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2008, 03:02:59 PM »
LOL well voting with the democratic party 100% of the makes you liberal does it not?

http://www.gunowners.org/pres08/obama.htm
dude this is just one link type in obama and guns and see his stances for yourself he is staunchely anti gun.

which president passed the assault rifle ban? which party is it that raised taxes on ammo and wants to raise them again? LOL bro for the most part your arguements are pretty good and based in logic but your wrong on this one man do some research.

I understand where you're coming from and that is a problem I have with Obama himself, however, I do not believe he will "get the guns" as people seem to believe.

As with anything he will have to get things passed and I don't believe that enough Dems are going to give him "the guns".

Maybe I'm wrong, but I certainly hope not...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 03:11:12 PM »
I understand where you're coming from and that is a problem I have with Obama himself, however, I do not believe he will "get the guns" as people seem to believe.

As with anything he will have to get things passed and I don't believe that enough Dems are going to give him "the guns".

Maybe I'm wrong, but I certainly hope not...
again im not saying he will outlaw guns but he will enact legislation against guns. semi automatics, assault rifles, sub machine guns, and concealed carry permits and the places that you can and cant carry.

Of course he wont be able to take guns away but to think that he wont try and enact some sort of legislation that will take away gun rights to some extent is ignorant he has made his stance very clear.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 03:16:25 PM »
again im not saying he will outlaw guns but he will enact legislation against guns. semi automatics, assault rifles, sub machine guns, and concealed carry permits and the places that you can and cant carry.

Of course he wont be able to take guns away but to think that he wont try and enact some sort of legislation that will take away gun rights to some extent is ignorant he has made his stance very clear.

Again, he may try... But, in the grand scheme of things, if he does try and fail at enacting that legislation because the people and their representatives don't agree with it, is it the largest problem this country faces?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 03:22:58 PM »
Again, he may try... But, in the grand scheme of things, if he does try and fail at enacting that legislation because the people and their representatives don't agree with it, is it the largest problem this country faces?
LOL do you remember any of the past gun restrictions and gun bans that have been passed in this country? You act like this has never happend before.

LOL does the fact that the country have bigger problems facing it make this a non issue?

The economy will be fine in the long run, it will stabilize and after 2 yrs or so taxes will get raised no matter who gets in. Iraq is pretty much a non issue thanks to the great job our troops are doing and afghanistan is the next step. Whoever gets in has the first 2 yrs or so of their presidency accounted for excluding some natural disaster or another 9/11.