Author Topic: Breaking News: ATF stops plot to assasinate Obama  (Read 2600 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Breaking News: ATF stops plot to assasinate Obama
« on: October 27, 2008, 01:25:05 PM »
Just got it on the news, looking for more info.

WASHINGTON - ATF says it has disrupted skinhead plot to assassinate Obama, kill 102 black people
http://www.startribune.com/politics/33350839.html

The ATF says it has broken up a plot to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 102 black people in a Tennessee murder spree.

In court records unsealed Monday, agents said they disrupted plans to rob a gun store and target an unnamed but predominantly African-American high school by two neo-Nazi skinheads.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The ATF says it has broken up a plot to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 102 black people in a Tennessee murder spree.

In court records unsealed Monday, agents said they disrupted plans to rob a gun store and target an unnamed by predominantly African-American high school by two neo-Nazi skinheads.

(This version CORRECTS APNewsNow; corrects word to 'but' sted of by in 2nd graf. Will be led.)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081027/ap_on_el_pr/skinhead_plot_2

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
Re: Breaking News: ATF stops plot to assasinate Obama
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 01:37:23 PM »
this place will suck now that 333386 is locked up  :-\
!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 01:37:47 PM »
This gotta be some sick joke.
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 01:39:08 PM »
As empty as paradise

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »
...and a hero will step forward.

We've been through this before.  Every time we have a leader who gives us a little hope...we kill him.

Kennedy, King, Kennedy, Lennon... 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 01:51:06 PM »
More from Sky UK:

He said: "The youths are said to have threatened to shoot 88 blacks and decapitate 14 in Tennessee, before going out in a 'blaze of glory'."

The US government disrupted an unrelated alleged plot during the Democratic Party Convention in Denver, Colorado, in September.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 01:57:05 PM »
...and a hero will step forward.

We've been through this before.  Every time we have a leader who gives us a little hope...we kill him.

Kennedy, King, Kennedy, Lennon... 

I'm glad they stopped these guys, but Obama in the same sentence with JFK and King?  He's long way off from being mentioned in the same breath with those guys. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »
this place will suck now that 333386 is locked up  :-\
Lose your other gimmick? what happened?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 02:02:22 PM »
plot sounds like unrealistic gibberish between two hate-filled idiots.

still, toss them in prison for 20 years, good riddance.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 02:03:24 PM »
I'm glad they stopped these guys, but Obama in the same sentence with JFK and King?  He's long way off from being mentioned in the same breath with those guys. 
true, I don't like to see that either.  Of course hopes are always that a president will be great and if Obama gets in I hope he does but only time can tell us these things.  Same for McCain, if he gets in, I hope somehow he does good... I just have much bigger hopes for Obama, as I'm sure you do for McCain.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 02:04:29 PM »
These guys are scum and I hope they get prosecuted to the fullest extend of the law and then some.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 02:04:54 PM »
MSNBC breaking the story down... it just sounds silly.  driving at obama with white suits and top hats.  racist nonsense.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 02:09:45 PM »
agree.
As empty as paradise

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 02:19:15 PM »
It's been 40 years since we've had a guy like this.  George Will was right, Obama is the A-Rod of politics.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 02:39:36 PM »
true, I don't like to see that either.  Of course hopes are always that a president will be great and if Obama gets in I hope he does but only time can tell us these things.  Same for McCain, if he gets in, I hope somehow he does good... I just have much bigger hopes for Obama, as I'm sure you do for McCain.

I may not agree with all of their policies, but anyone who loves their country (as I do) should want the country, and the country's leader, to succeed.  That's why I hope whichever person wins is as successful as possible.     

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 02:41:56 PM »
I may not agree with all of their policies, but anyone who loves their country (as I do) should want the country, and the country's leader, to succeed.  That's why I hope whichever person wins is as successful as possible.     
same here, if McCain gets in, I will not hope he fails by default.  I will hope he does right by the people and does a good job.  I will be critical where I see it is valid to do so but I won't just attack him because I didn't vote for him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 02:42:44 PM »
It's been 40 years since we've had a guy like this.  George Will was right, Obama is the A-Rod of politics.

It has been over 100 hundred years since we had a guy this inexperienced.   Charles Krauthammer was right:  McCain is the better candidate.

Still, it would be terrible if Obama were taken out, not only for his family and the country, but we'd also have Biden as president, and not even Democrats wanted that.  

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 02:57:47 PM »
Coach would be proud...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 03:06:59 PM »
It has been over 100 hundred years since we had a guy this inexperienced.   Charles Krauthammer was right:  McCain is the better candidate.

Still, it would be terrible if Obama were taken out, not only for his family and the country, but we'd also have Biden as president, and not even Democrats wanted that.  
wait a second, Obama has more time in government than Bush had.  The argument that only executive power counts is stupid so I hope that's not what you're saying.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 03:11:21 PM »
wait a second, Obama has more time in government than Bush had.  The argument that only executive power counts is stupid so I hope that's not what you're saying.

Saying executive experience is stupid is . . . stupid.  Serving as governor is excellent experience for president.  Obama has never made an executive decision in his life.  Obama's lack of experience very troubling.   

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 03:16:19 PM »
I've read at least three posters here say they hope he's killed.

Maybe the skinheads are getting messages from GetBiggers, LOL!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 03:29:32 PM »
Saying executive experience is stupid is . . . stupid.  Serving as governor is excellent experience for president.  Obama has never made an executive decision in his life.  Obama's lack of experience very troubling.   
you just avoided the point!  It wasn't about Palin...  YOU said if Obama is elected it's been over 100 years since we've had a guy this inexperienced.  I assume you're saying that by only counting executive experience.  How else could you even try to make that statement?  So if that's the case, how much executive government experience does John McCain have?  zero?  So if we're counting legislative government experience or just experience in government from the state level up, Obama will have more time in government than Bush did...

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 03:31:26 PM »
No Dice Beach Bum.

Bush was a governor and a failure.  Clinton was a governor and a success.  Gubernatorial experience is not a conclusive factor in presidential politics.

Here's a fresh idea:  intelligence!  That's a fairly good gauge for success, don't you think?

Otherwise why not run a McDonald's crew chief for president?  That's plenty of executive experience right there...plus people skills.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 03:38:16 PM »
I've read at least three posters here say they hope he's killed.
Care to mention who those three are?
As empty as paradise

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 03:45:47 PM »
Care to mention who those three are?

Can't recall. I really only remember long time posters here, you know how it is.In one thread last week about some big rally a joke was made, probably got deleted.