Author Topic: CrossFit  (Read 7219 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
CrossFit
« on: September 06, 2009, 06:43:03 AM »

Discuss.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 06:59:06 AM »
try it

I like alot of their stuff

I don't think that one should use them primarily for there workouts- rather they should use crossfit workouts as a supplement to there normal workouts

i'm particularly found of these two workouts

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 07:12:49 AM »
has vince goodrum got something to do with this?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 07:35:59 AM »
has vince goodrum got something to do with this?

I'm sure one can purchase a CrossFit franchise from his extensive bottom-shelf inventory.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 07:37:19 AM »
one HUGE criticism about crossfit is that their is no beginning or intermediate- there is only advanced 

a total fitness novice couldn't make it through one of those workouts

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 07:37:55 AM »
I'm sure one can purchase a CrossFit franchise from his extensive bottom-shelf inventory.
YES ;D

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »
one HUGE criticism about crossfit is that their is no beginning or intermediate- there is only advanced 

a total fitness novice couldn't make it through one of those workouts

this shi.t is all the rage here with EVERY fckn rich/wealthy person signin up for this............only options out here if you dont wanna be around alot of redneck stupid kids in the gym is planet fitness and crossfit which are right by each other

but every hot 35+yr old woman I meet says they and their friends all do 'crossfit'

just a quicker way out of really working out -- resistance training will always be supreme due to axial loading

no axial loading = no core development(completely) and NO BALLS

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 08:36:23 AM »
this shi.t is all the rage here with EVERY fckn rich/wealthy person signin up for this............only options out here if you dont wanna be around alot of redneck stupid kids in the gym is planet fitness and crossfit which are right by each other

but every hot 35+yr old woman I meet says they and their friends all do 'crossfit'

just a quicker way out of really working out -- resistance training will always be supreme due to axial loading

no axial loading = no core development(completely) and NO BALLS

Are you intimidated by these "redneck kids?"

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 08:36:44 AM »

exactly

again, i think crossfit is good AS A SUPPLEMENT to a already balanced resistance regimine (sp)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 08:37:58 AM »
yes just do some 20 rep squats until failure taht will do it

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »

Are you intimidated by these "redneck kids?"

sometimes when I go and buy pine from this kid in a trailor park I get real antsy, like I walking thru prison and they have to challenge the biggest fck to prove something

redneck kids will try to test anyone - you must watch yourself aroudn redneck kids

totally unpredictable   

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 09:09:16 AM »
sometimes when I go and buy pine from this kid in a trailor park I get real antsy, like I walking thru prison and they have to challenge the biggest fck to prove something

redneck kids will try to test anyone - you must watch yourself aroudn redneck kids

totally unpredictable   
true, true they dont give a fuck how big u are

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 09:12:31 AM »
true, true they dont give a fuck how big u are

his ninjeta - classic

fckn judi chop someone ass

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 09:41:08 AM »
I was just at the Swedish Crossfit Championships yesterday.  It was real cool; in fact I think I'd like to compete next year.  I can say with a good deal of confidence that Crossfit will be the next big thing in the fitness world.  It's unfortunate that it has already started to become something less than ideal though-which is usually the case, i guess, when things get big.  Now with Kipping pullups, butterfly/wave pullups, competitions strictly for time instead of numbers/lifts...etc, the overall effect of the training has decreased...I guess that's the price you pay for success on the wide scale-it has to be more regular person friendly.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 10:37:33 AM »
I was just at the Swedish Crossfit Championships yesterday.  It was real cool; in fact I think I'd like to compete next year.  I can say with a good deal of confidence that Crossfit will be the next big thing in the fitness world.  It's unfortunate that it has already started to become something less than ideal though-which is usually the case, i guess, when things get big.  Now with Kipping pullups, butterfly/wave pullups, competitions strictly for time instead of numbers/lifts...etc, the overall effect of the training has decreased...I guess that's the price you pay for success on the wide scale-it has to be more regular person friendly.

under 1000post fail............get me a pic of some guy that can put a shirt on and get the 'damn brah must workout alot' thing in public, that does crossfit ---- no one

will be a fad like p90x but people will get burnt out REAL quick with crossfit after a few yrs, if it makes it that far, success of program with the masses will steeply decline when they realize that workout is bullsh.it after pounding 3 grey goose and cranberry at the meeting lastnight and then the blow they had at lunch wears off and all they wanna do is go get smashed get away from spouse NOT go have some tool yell at them and jump rope or do bullsh.it squat-trust/bunny hop workout

a personal trainer for the upper class is a hot educated male/female that looks like they know their shit and someone they can bullsh.it/flirt with away from husband/wifey.........if thats the guy teachin crossfit he wins

gayer than tae bo and any movie with billy banks in it

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 11:55:55 AM »
That was an excellent tirade, you who has been here half the time I have but has twice the posts.  Crossfit is about 120x more sound than tae bo and every other fad to date.  It has its flaws and they'll be publicized I'm sure, but it's dramatically better than everything else out there for the average Joe.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 01:28:03 PM »
That was an excellent tirade, you who has been here half the time I have but has twice the posts.  Crossfit is about 120x more sound than tae bo and every other fad to date.  It has its flaws and they'll be publicized I'm sure, but it's dramatically better than everything else out there for the average Joe.

post a pic and I'll show you whats up brah..........keep doing squat thrusts and push ups and we'll compare ;)

other than that, LOOK at how long I have been here next time you try to get 'fresh' internet tough guy

cross fit is for pussies and dollars to doughnuts I'll crush you on legs along so post up pics and I'll shut up if you square but you sound like  a skinny fagg who does pussy 20min workouts and has 'abs' but like I said you put on a shirt and look like your in high school and play tennis

by the way I WAS REFERRING TO YOU POST COUNT WHO GIVE A SHI>T HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN HERE - just means your a troll

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 01:37:58 PM »
post a pic and I'll show you whats up brah..........keep doing squat thrusts and push ups and we'll compare ;)

other than that, LOOK at how long I have been here next time you try to get 'fresh' internet tough guy

cross fit is for pussies and dollars to doughnuts I'll crush you on legs along so post up pics and I'll shut up if you square but you sound like  a skinny fagg who does pussy 20min workouts and has 'abs' but like I said you put on a shirt and look like your in high school and play tennis

by the way I WAS REFERRING TO YOU POST COUNT WHO GIVE A SHI>T HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN HERE - just means your a troll

haha Spike.  Maybe Swedish Viking prefers a bosu/stretch tube/weighted vest combo regimen for his "core" training.... ;D

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 09:16:09 PM »

Once again, excellent meltdown, I'm glad to hear you would 'crush me on legs.'  That doesn't sound at all like an 'internet tough guy' getting upset that he doesn't 'have abs.'   Here's me in a shirt...don't think I look like a tennis player...though you likely wouldn't be able to make it through a tennis match.  And here's me without, still not a tennis player and legs are doing just fine with high intensity, fast paced training(though not crossfit-my post was directed towards it for the average Joe).  I'm pretty satisfied with how far I've come thus far...I'm relatively sure most others would be as well.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 09:35:52 PM »

Once again, excellent meltdown, I'm glad to hear you would 'crush me on legs.'  That doesn't sound at all like an 'internet tough guy' getting upset that he doesn't 'have abs.'   Here's me in a shirt...don't think I look like a tennis player...though you likely wouldn't be able to make it through a tennis match.  And here's me without, still not a tennis player and legs are doing just fine with high intensity, fast paced training(though not crossfit-my post was directed towards it for the average Joe).  I'm pretty satisfied with how far I've come thus far...I'm relatively sure most others would be as well.

Is that a polar bear skin on your wall of your house?  did you kill that sombtch?

but NICE TRY - 'internet toughguy' no....but someone who calls bullshit and can back it up YES

results I will give you, you look good, but crossfit is a fad

oh and by the way your legs arent gettn full development, try full range squats

NICE TRY tho brah

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »
Crossfit is for twinks

Gives a bad name to exersise in general.

Viking it looks like you have a dead animal hanging in your wall.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 10:46:50 PM »
Crossfit is for twinks

Gives a bad name to exersise in general.

Viking it looks like you have a dead animal hanging in your wall.

I do have a dead animal hanging on my wall.  Reindeer.

I tend to disagree with you.  Coming from a bodybuilding and powerlifing background, and now having moved over to a more athleticism based training program, I tend to think the former is what is giving a bad name to exercise in general.  I think most people would agree to this.  Fads are made popular by big personalities, usually without much of a background in exercise science; crossfit is gaining momentum much slower in relation to the average fad and it was created by Mark Rippetoe, a well respected strength coach and former competitor.  It is also far more able to deliver results that not only do most people find more appealing but also would generally be accepted as a higher level of fitness than the average fad and definitely more so than your typical bbing or powerlifting workout gives.  All summed up, I would much rather have this physique and a high level of respiratory and cardiovascular fitness, than a typical bbers-in addition to the fact, that I have no strong desire to use performance enhancing drugs just to keep up with the Jones'.  Plus, I prefer keeping my body hair :)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 11:45:12 PM »
My friend wanted me to join his crossfit class a few monthes back. I went to check it out a few days later. It was some guy running it out of his parents backyard. ::) As far as equipment, he had one bar with a pair of 25s, a broomstick, and a rowing machine. Plus a fuckup dog that i was told not to touch. But they wouldn't tell me why ??? He had sores and tumors or something. anyway, I got the fuck out of there. I'm was not going to pay some guy 25 bucks a month to tell me to run around the block and do squats and push ups. I could do that shit at my gym if i wanted to.

My friend was piss that i didn't join. He wanted me to cancel my gym membership and just do crossfit ::). I was like, "Dude, i like to lift weights".Nothing relieves stress like lifting. I later found out that crossfit dude was his girlfriend's cousin or something.  Bros before hoes right? :-\

Anyway dude was making a killing, he ran around 6 classes of about 15 people. Each class was 45 mins long, 2 days a week. He was pulling an extra 2250 a month for 90 mins. 4 days a week. Hustler there. ;D
A

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 02:09:50 AM »
  I do have a dead animal hanging on my wall.  Reindeer.

I tend to disagree with you.  Coming from a bodybuilding and powerlifing background, and now having moved over to a more athleticism based training program, I tend to think the former is what is giving a bad name to exercise in general.  I think most people would agree to this.  Fads are made popular by big personalities, usually without much of a background in exercise science; crossfit is gaining momentum much slower in relation to the average fad and it was created by Mark Rippetoe, a well respected strength coach and former competitor.  It is also far more able to deliver results that not only do most people find more appealing but also would generally be accepted as a higher level of fitness than the average fad and definitely more so than your typical bbing or powerlifting workout gives.  All summed up, I would much rather have this physique and a high level of respiratory and cardiovascular fitness, than a typical bbers-in addition to the fact, that I have no strong desire to use performance enhancing drugs just to keep up with the Jones'.  Plus, I prefer keeping my body hair :)

= I want a hairy chest/balls, I dont like to workout too long or too hard, and I hate training legs

let alone dodging the fact I just proved my point

go find a crossfit board if you can brah cause if your gonna knock bb'ing cause your past that 'level' then whatev.........and who said shit about PED;s??

I said it comes down to when you put a shirt on (not a smedium from baby gap like in your pic) a REAL shit like a XXXL from champs they sell in the back - you prob dont cause it would swallow you ass - that people notice you train

instead of walking around like bearded, hairy tennis player - I mean christ what do you weigh, 150lbs??  you look good but your just skinny, u look like the 20yr I work with that just eats shit all day adn does blow all night - full out abs but shit else----nothing on you stands out?  or do you jus tnot care about chest/arms/legs - muscles in general ---- your more the 'total' fitness and 'total' body workout guy ---- you will never be 225lb with abs

I bet when you but on clothes (the right size ones) you are right back to twink status = why u knock bb;ing and try to pawn crossfit off like its some big new thing

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 02:12:54 AM »
two things

1- swedish viking- leave the andre arlovski look to andre arlovski

2- spike- congrats on being a all around stud