Author Topic: 2014 Ryder Cup - The US is getting hammered  (Read 4789 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: The US is getting hammered
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2014, 11:32:56 PM »
Inspired me to go down the driving range this morning after a long winter not even knowing where I put my golf bag. Ordered a Nike VRS Tour Driver this afternoon.

Euros are playing really well. Might stay up tonight to watch the conclusion.

I used to play twice a week now I'm down to just the driving range about 2-3 times a month. I really miss playing.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 11:33:55 PM »
You're trolling.

No, he's teaching you a 101 golf history class, clueless yank ::)

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2014, 12:00:58 AM »
without Europeans u'd still be living in tents and dancing around fire

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2014, 12:02:58 AM »
without Europeans u'd still be living in tents and dancing around fire

;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2014, 12:06:47 AM »
No, he's teaching you a 101 golf history class, clueless yank ::)

You're trolling as well. Be off with your skinny ass. Troll something you know about. Shit....never mind.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2014, 12:14:43 AM »
You're trolling as well. Be off with your skinny ass. Troll something you know about. Shit....never mind.

It saddens me when old people bring zero arguments in a discussion and still experience their mental meltdowns.
Just think a little deeper before you post something.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2014, 12:32:52 AM »
It saddens me when old people bring zero arguments in a discussion and still experience their mental meltdowns.
Just think a little deeper before you post something.

Up until I stopped playing consistently about a year and a half ago, I was 9 handicap and in the previous years learned quite a bit of the history of the game. You haven't exactly came up with much of anything. You're talking about players of this day and age that are as young as 19-20. McIlroy is 25. Tell me what does the past history of 50 years ago have anything to do with today's players? The game itself is over 600 years old.  

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2014, 12:54:16 AM »
I used to play twice a week now I'm down to just the driving range about 2-3 times a month. I really miss playing.

Go play more. You've some great courses in the US. I've never played there while visiting but I'll come over one day and try and play at some of your more famous courses.

In the UK I've played at Gleneagles on the Centenary Course, the exact one they're playing the Ryder Cup on now.

In Europe/UK the great courses are more accessible to every player. I've played at The Belfry, Centenary, WentWorth and Royal Country Down in Northern Ireland (top 5 ranked in the world). In the US it's very very exclusive. I could never book to play at Congressional, Augusta, Cypress Point,etc. Even presidents struggle to get in.

Would love to play at Congressional

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2014, 01:04:00 AM »
Up until I stopped playing consistently about a year and a half ago, I was 9 handicap and in the previous years learned quite a bit of the history of the game. You haven't exactly came up with much of anything. You're talking about players of this day and age that are as young as 19-20. McIlroy is 25. Tell me what does the past history of 50 years ago have anything to do with today's players? The game itself is over 600 years old.  

^^ Much better!

@the bold part: I don't play golf myself, so I don't claim to be an expert, but it looks like a fun and challenging activity. It must be great to make a living out of this sport, without destroying your organs or G4P.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2014, 01:09:03 AM »
^^ Much better!

@the bold part: I don't play golf myself, so I don't claim to be an expert, but it looks like a fun and challenging activity. It must be great to make a living out of this sport, without destroying your organs or G4P.

Very addictive game. So frustrating and rewarding at the same time. A beautiful timed drive, straight as an arrow down the link is a thing of wondrous beauty. Not saying that shooting up illegal home-brewed drugs in a small hotel room somewhere whilst dancing naked for a bald wanking dwarf drenched in baby oil isn't fun, but do try and give golf a go.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2014, 03:10:18 AM »
Playing golf looks quite relaxing/therapeutic.

Can't understand how anyone can sit for hours watching it though.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2014, 03:26:40 AM »
Playing golf looks quite relaxing/therapeutic.

Can't understand how anyone can sit for hours watching it though.

The first three days of most tournaments are boring but sunday in a major is great esp if tight in the last groups. Because the players have so much time to think choking is a massive factor. Makes for great tv.

Medinah and many ryder cups are great cos it comes down to clutch putting. Today could be a runaway though.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2014, 06:56:20 AM »
Usa were fighting back in singles but have been clawed back in a few they were storming. Mcdowell is a legend. 3 or 4 down, 2 up now. Rose clawed back too. Mcilroy and kaymer shitting on usa.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2014, 07:21:35 AM »
Go play more. You've some great courses in the US. I've never played there while visiting but I'll come over one day and try and play at some of your more famous courses.

In the UK I've played at Gleneagles on the Centenary Course, the exact one they're playing the Ryder Cup on now.

In Europe/UK the great courses are more accessible to every player. I've played at The Belfry, Centenary, WentWorth and Royal Country Down in Northern Ireland (top 5 ranked in the world). In the US it's very very exclusive. I could never book to play at Congressional, Augusta, Cypress Point,etc. Even presidents struggle to get in.

Would love to play at Congressional

Yup, I really do need to play more. Walking a course is around 5-6 miles and burning 2-3000 calories plus I love the game.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2014, 09:47:06 AM »
Won the 1953 City of L.A. Juniors 13 year old group. Shot a 73 on final round. Gave up the game and had my clubs cut down and gave them to my then 10 year old grand son. Today he plays to a 3. I have not stepped onto a course in over 15 years. These days I will watch maybe the Masters final day on TV. I'd rather hike our mountains with my young wife every day than spend them with other old men on the links.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2014, 09:52:22 AM »
Yup, I really do need to play more. Walking a course is around 5-6 miles and burning 2-3000 calories plus I love the game.

Some parameters might be a little inaccurate, but 2-3000? No way!

http://walking.about.com/library/cal/uccalc1.htm

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2014, 10:41:10 AM »
Some parameters might be a little inaccurate, but 2-3000? No way!

http://walking.about.com/library/cal/uccalc1.htm

One thing I didn't see them account for in this article is walking up and down hills, sand traps, pre-game warm ups at the driving range, scrambling, swing the club, etc. It only talks about walking. Last year I was watching a pro-am tournament where they had Brandt Snedeker monitored and (trying to remember the numbers) he was over 4000 calories and something like 12000 steps and that through 14 holes.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2014, 11:05:28 AM »
One thing I didn't see them account for in this article is walking up and down hills, sand traps, pre-game warm ups at the driving range, scrambling, swing the club, etc. It only talks about walking. Last year I was watching a pro-am tournament where they had Brandt Snedeker monitored and (trying to remember the numbers) he was over 4000 calories and something like 12000 steps and that through 14 holes.

Correct, certain golf-specific things aren't taking into account. Another aspect is prob the mental part; there's a huge difference between playing 'for fun' and a pro tournament, esp when losing the game could result in the end of a sponsorship.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2014, 11:25:14 AM »

Holy fuck  you are  clueless , I feel bad for your clients .

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2014, 11:36:30 AM »
Holy fuck  you are  clueless , I feel bad for your clients .

You've lost the ability to read and comprehend. You're posting on here again. No work available or do you just go to the Union hall every morning waiting for a job.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2014, 01:00:57 PM »
You've lost the ability to read and comprehend. You're posting on here again. No work available or do you just go to the Union hall every morning waiting for a job.

You barely even burn 2-3000 calories running a marathon you clown.Do people really pay you?

Simple Simon

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2014, 01:02:45 PM »
You barely even burn 2-3000 calories running a marathon you clown.Do people really pay you?

Guy is a lunatic.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2014, 01:39:47 PM »
Very addictive game. So frustrating and rewarding at the same time. A beautiful timed drive, straight as an arrow down the link is a thing of wondrous beauty. Not saying that shooting up illegal home-brewed drugs in a small hotel room somewhere whilst dancing naked for a bald wanking dwarf drenched in baby oil isn't fun, but do try and give golf a go.

lmao

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »

simpleton simon and yourself should really avoid discussions about anything training related and know your places. This is not your place.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: 2014 Ryder Cup - The US is getting hammered
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2014, 02:27:27 AM »
LOL!

If you could burn 2-3000 calories playing a game of golf then pro golfers would actually look like athletes instead of fat old bastards. :D