Author Topic: Author: What the Bible really says about homosexuality  (Read 40725 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Author: What the Bible really says about homosexuality
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2012, 08:55:32 AM »
What's your definition/interpretation of sin?  

Condemning behavior probably equals hating behavior.  This isn't the same as hating a person.  

Sounds like management training lol.  Attack the behavior not the person lol. 

I have to take longer look at the argument of God hating gays.  I still think he hates gays as described in the bible, but ATM don't really have the time delve into it.

Sin is going against Devine law as defined in the dictionary.  The problem is, when it comes to homosexuality it's murky and not straight forward as thou shalt not kill.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2012, 09:04:27 AM »
So where does it say not to be a homosexual?

Now you are just trolling.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2012, 09:05:51 AM »

I have to take longer look at the argument of God hating gays.  I still think he hates gays as described in the bible, but ATM don't really have the time delve into it.

Sin is going against Devine law as defined in the dictionary.  The problem is, when it comes to homosexuality it's murky and not straight forward as thou shalt not kill.

Just trolling.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2012, 09:21:06 AM »

Sorry I don't agree with you about homosexuality clearly being a sin in the bible.  Your accusation shows your own frustratioon with  someone who doesn't buy into the bible and sees it  more as a book of stories used to both oppress and guide people over the ages.  and i will take your accusations about me trolling as you admitting you can not show where it is clear.  So far only one verse comes close.  So this kind of shows you Have nothing left.  You won't even counter point my counter points. 

A note on your accusation, most trolling is laced with ad hom, you will notice. There is none here.  I am simply asking anyone to show how homosexuality is clearly a  sin.  So far, you have not.  You have only shown murky ness.  

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2012, 09:22:26 AM »
Sorry I don't agree with you about homosexuality clearly being a sin in the bible.  Your accusation shows your own frustratioon with  someone who doesn't buy into the bible and sees it  more as a book of stories used to both oppress and guide people over the ages.  and i will take your accusations about me trolling as you admitting you can not show where it is clear.  So far only one verse comes close.  So this kind of shows you Have nothing left.

A note on your accusation, most trolling is laced with ad hom, you will notice. There is none here.  I am simply asking anyone to show how homosexuality is clearly a  sin.  So far, you have not.  You have only shown murky ness. 

Troll    ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2012, 09:23:13 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2012, 09:23:46 AM »

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2012, 09:24:56 AM »
Thanks for admitting you have nothing left.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2012, 09:25:13 AM »
no no no... a spirit of giving and taking care of the less fortunate is not has nothing to do with "government Vs individual" thats splitting hairs and molding it to fit political viewpoints...

" But but this was about Government ... not personally giving..." Really... how about this.. it doesnt matter if the source is the government or an individual... the bible says the less fortunate needs to be taken care of by us. I didnt make this up..

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Proverbs 22:9  
Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor

This has nothing to do with Gov vs Individual.. and I dont have to leave this alone.  You arent the pope and my understanding of the bible is just fine. Now if you want to discuss this we can.. if you wanna go the 3333 route of arguments... youre right.. i will leave this alone

You made the following statement: "wanna see me clear out a room full of Right Winged Conservatives..."  Then you posted a verse that talks about charitable giving.  You were obviously trying to say "right winged conservatives" don't like and/or engage in charitable giving, helping the poor, etc.

Your premise is wrong.  It's contradicted by the article I posted.  I can post about ten more, but I doubt you'd read them.  

What evidence do you have that "right winged conservatives" don't believe in charity?  

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2012, 09:25:33 AM »
Thanks for admitting you have nothing left.

Troll    ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2012, 09:27:12 AM »

Loco already posted the verses that are plain as day.  "Thou shalt not" lie with another man.  You can only find that murky if you simply want to find a contradiction or ambiguity. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2012, 09:29:19 AM »
Loco already posted the verses that are plain as day.  "Thou shalt not" lie with another man.  You can only find that murky if you simply want to find a contradiction or ambiguity. 

loco saith "Thou shalt not feed the troll"      ;D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2012, 09:38:15 AM »
You made the following statement: "wanna see me clear out a room full of Right Winged Conservatives..."  Then you posted a verse that talks about charitable giving.  You were obviously trying to say "right winged conservatives" don't like and/or engage in charitable giving, helping the poor, etc.

Your premise is wrong.  It's contradicted by the article I posted.  I can post about ten more, but I doubt you'd read them.  

What evidence do you have that "right winged conservatives" don't believe in charity?  

Im talking about giving to the poor in general. You cant Anti Social Welfare and be in line with the bible. Be either hot or cold.. not lukewarm.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2012, 09:53:19 AM »
Im talking about giving to the poor in general. You cant Anti Social Welfare and be in line with the bible. Be either hot or cold.. not lukewarm.

Christians are "Anti Social Welfare"?  I don't think so.  You mean "forced" social welfare?  Christians voluntarily give by far more time and money worldwide to the needy(poor people, disaster victims, etc.) than non-Christian liberals.  Many generous people, Christian or not, just want social welfare to be voluntary and not forced on them by the government.  

Who gives the most to charity?

"Americans give more to charity, per capita and as a percentage of gross domestic product, than the citizens of other nations"

"The most charitable people in America today are the working poor."

"it's in fact low-income employed Americans who give the highest portion of their income, or 4.5%."

"low-income people give almost 30 percent more as a share of their income."

"When you look at the data," says Syracuse University professor Arthur Brooks, "it turns out the conservatives give about 30 percent more. And incidentally, conservative-headed families make slightly less money."

"But the idea that liberals give more is a myth. Of the top 25 states where people give an above-average percentage of their income, all but one (Maryland) were red -- conservative -- states in the last presidential election."

"The people who give one thing tend to be the people who give everything in America. You find that people who believe it's the government's job to make incomes more equal, are far less likely to give their money away."

"Conservatives are even 18 percent more likely to donate blood."

"Religious people are more likely to give to charity, and when they give, they give more money -- four times as much."

"Religious Americans are more likely to give to every kind of cause and charity, including explicitly nonreligious charities. Religious people give more blood; religious people give more to homeless people on the street."

Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism
by Arthur C. Brooks
# ISBN-10: 0465008232
# ISBN-13: 978-0465008230

Who Gives The Most?
http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/24/america-philanthropy-income-oped-cx_ee_1226eaves.html

Who Gives and Who Doesn't?
http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=2682730

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2012, 10:31:36 AM »

That's a laugh. In fact, I've heard some liberals complain that it's easier for conservatives to give, because the mechanisms are set up via their churches.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2012, 10:37:46 AM »
no no no... a spirit of giving and taking care of the less fortunate is not has nothing to do with "government Vs individual" thats splitting hairs and molding it to fit political viewpoints...

" But but this was about Government ... not personally giving..." Really... how about this.. it doesnt matter if the source is the government or an individual... the bible says the less fortunate needs to be taken care of by us. I didnt make this up..

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Proverbs 22:9  
Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor

This has nothing to do with Gov vs Individual.. and I dont have to leave this alone.  You arent the pope and my understanding of the bible is just fine. Now if you want to discuss this we can.. if you wanna go the 3333 route of arguments... youre right.. i will leave this alone

When the government FORCES you to do so, it ain't giving. What part of that don't you understand? If I want to help someone in need, I don't need Uncle Sam's help or provocation to do it.

What's stopping all these rich liberals from scratching checks from Uncle Sam RIGHT NOW? Why do they need Obama or any other politicians to make laws to force them to do so?

I think that interview with Will Smith in France pretty much sums it up. He said that, as black man, who got the chance to be rich without a college education, he had no problem giving back to his government whatever they thought was fair. Then, the French reporter told him about their proposal to tax the rich, to the tune of 75%.

Smith's response: "God Bless America".

Back to the Bible, there are plenty of verses and guidelines about how to help the poor, NONE OF WHICH involve the government taking other people's money. Take Deut. 24: 19-21, for example:

When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean [it] afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2012, 10:57:08 AM »
loco saith "Thou shalt not feed the troll"      ;D

lol.  Ozmo isn't a troll.  I think he just has his mind made up.  Doesn't really matter what the Bible says about it. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2012, 10:59:37 AM »
Christians are "Anti Social Welfare"?  I don't think so.  You mean "forced" social welfare?  Christians voluntarily give by far more time and money worldwide to the needy(poor people, disaster victims, etc.) than non-Christian liberals.  Many generous people, Christian or not, just want social welfare to be voluntary and not forced on them by the government.  

Who gives the most to charity?

"Americans give more to charity, per capita and as a percentage of gross domestic product, than the citizens of other nations"

"The most charitable people in America today are the working poor."

"it's in fact low-income employed Americans who give the highest portion of their income, or 4.5%."

"low-income people give almost 30 percent more as a share of their income."

"When you look at the data," says Syracuse University professor Arthur Brooks, "it turns out the conservatives give about 30 percent more. And incidentally, conservative-headed families make slightly less money."

"But the idea that liberals give more is a myth. Of the top 25 states where people give an above-average percentage of their income, all but one (Maryland) were red -- conservative -- states in the last presidential election."

"The people who give one thing tend to be the people who give everything in America. You find that people who believe it's the government's job to make incomes more equal, are far less likely to give their money away."

"Conservatives are even 18 percent more likely to donate blood."

"Religious people are more likely to give to charity, and when they give, they give more money -- four times as much."

"Religious Americans are more likely to give to every kind of cause and charity, including explicitly nonreligious charities. Religious people give more blood; religious people give more to homeless people on the street."

Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism
by Arthur C. Brooks
# ISBN-10: 0465008232
# ISBN-13: 978-0465008230

Who Gives The Most?
http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/24/america-philanthropy-income-oped-cx_ee_1226eaves.html

Who Gives and Who Doesn't?
http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=2682730

Rush puts it best: With liberals, it's all about making people THINK they care. See the Will Smith interview in France.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2012, 11:01:04 AM »
Rush puts it best: With liberals, it's all about making people THINK they care. See the Will Smith interview in France.

LOL    ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2012, 11:16:14 AM »
LOL    ;D

Try getting the "pay your fair share" liberals to answer how much money should be taken (percentage-wise) from the rich.

When the French reporters said 75%, Will Smith clammed up quickly.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2012, 11:21:05 AM »
Try getting the "pay your fair share" liberals to answer how much money should be taken (percentage-wise) from the rich.

When the French reporters said 75%, Will Smith clammed up quickly.

"God Bless America"    ;D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2012, 11:23:58 AM »
If left to our own devices.. and not taxed for social welfare, do you think our less fortnate would be better taken care of.
Also.. i do realize ( i forgot to think about this) that both sides are lacking in this. It was my mistake saying Conservatives were. The reason i put that was because of their views on social welfare programs.

I say that because here in Los Angeles County there are 250,000 millionaires and 85,000 homeless people.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2012, 11:26:38 AM »
If left to our own devices.. and not taxed for social welfare, do you think our less fortnate would be better taken care of.
Also.. i do realize ( i forgot to think about this) that both sides are lacking in this. It was my mistake saying Conservatives were. The reason i put that was because of their views on social welfare programs.

I say that because here in Los Angeles County there are 250,000 millionaires and 85,000 homeless people.

As the saying goes, the poor ain't poor because the rich are rich.

How many homeless are drunks or strung out on crack?

Or they mismanaged their money or came to Cali thinking they'd be a rock star or an actor or the next Mr. Olympia?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2012, 11:39:03 AM »
As the saying goes, the poor ain't poor because the rich are rich.

How many homeless are drunks or strung out on crack?

Or they mismanaged their money or came to Cali thinking they'd be a rock star or an actor or the next Mr. Olympia?

LMAO

I hear you. But i have my own wierd views on giving to poor people. I just give. If they use it for crack or beer.. thasts on them.. but i still gave and what they do with it is up to them.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2012, 01:41:31 PM »
Loco already posted the verses that are plain as day.  "Thou shalt not" lie with another man.  You can only find that murky if you simply want to find a contradiction or ambiguity.  

That's not the full verse or sentence, this is:

Leviticus 18:22
King James Version (KJV)

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

I think, that's says don't have sex at all

lol.  Ozmo isn't a troll.  I think he just has his mind made up.  Doesn't really matter what the Bible says about it.  

I don't really have my mind made up but instead am exploring the argument from the author's side.  Like for example the flaws in both yours and loco's verses which i got no counter point from either of you.  Just loco playing games.    

Like i said i get it's strongly suggested as a no no in the Bible, i just don't see that's its clear and direct and now understands the author of the article's view point and why.

Loco is just needling me with the troll thing lol.  no worries.