Author Topic: Author: What the Bible really says about homosexuality  (Read 40753 times)

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: Author: What the Bible really says about homosexuality
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2012, 02:42:52 PM »
I think homosexuality can include the love and compassion that one feels for their significant other. The close companionship that can come only through love. The phrase "life partner" comes to mind here. I'm also thinking of the first homosexual couple who got married in.....new york city I think. The two women who were in their late 80s. Let's take them for our example. Let's say that sex is no longer on their minds (they've matured past the stepping stone of sex to what sex leads to, which is the closest of relationships). They have that feeling towards a member of their own sex, so I would say they are homosexuals.

Let's keep the discussion (at least in your or any other responses towards me) limited to these two women in their late 80s. They don't experience lust anymore. They don't have sex (in our scenario). They just feel the closeness that only deep love can bring. My point is that nothing in the bible says THAT is wrong. In order to prove that the two late 80 year olds are living in sin, you would have to say something like "well, they used to have sex" or "they used to lust" which would be avoiding my point.

Bump for someone to prove that homosexuality is a sin without appealing to lust or sex.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2012, 02:49:51 PM »
Bump for someone to prove that homosexuality is a sin without appealing to lust or sex.

Got that angle too.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2012, 03:26:01 PM »
LOL    ;D

This thread is so funny.  Homosexuals now trying to use the Bible to justify their lifestyle.   Good luck with that! 

Matthew 19:4-5
4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’
5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?

Leviticus 18:22
Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

Romans 1:26-27
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.
27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2012, 03:34:22 PM »
LOL    ;D

This thread is so funny.  Homosexuals now trying to use the Bible to justify their lifestyle.   Good luck with that! 

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’
5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?

Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.
27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Which homosexuals would that be on this thread?

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2012, 04:50:38 PM »
we are all descendants of Adam and Eve
Adam And Eve had two sons.
One son killed the other
God ordered Abraham to kill his son Issac
Jonah was the seaman swallowed by the whale (gender unreported)
Mary gave birth to Jesus without having sex
Joseph was the shotgun husband
Jesus mooched at home untill he left home at 30 and fell in with a dozen of seamen (is there a theme here?) and a female prostitute with a footfetish.
They upset the conservative establishment
He ignored death after being banged up on a wooden cross and disappeared some forty days later

Many Christians prefer the old testement to the new testement
Alot of Christian ritual involves the worship of conception with out sin
(many others prefer sin without conception)
Many christians fetishise an act of bdsm by way of the cross and some believe in deity canabalism but call it transubstanciation

and after all that some people get exited about queers and their doings

c

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2012, 06:57:25 PM »
5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’

Yes, he made male and female, and yes males leave their parents and unite with wives. That is only inclusive, not exclusive. It doesn't say that males will unite only to wives or that women cant unite with women. Technically it's a prediction and not normative language.

Again that's an appeal only to sex. Not deep love as I described earlier.  The quote below addresses only lust and sex also.

My conclusion still stands. The Bible does not say that homosexuality is a sin. It discusses lust and sex only.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2012, 07:00:30 PM »
Mr. Magoo

That's the thing here, its hard for some people to accept that homosexuals can and do have anything other than a relationship based on unnatural sex.  To do so, would put a face to it so to speak.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2012, 07:04:16 PM »
Yes, he made male and female, and yes males leave their parents and unite with wives. That is only inclusive, not exclusive. It doesn't say that males will unite only to wives or that women cant unite with women. Technically it's a prediction and not normative language.

Again that's an appeal only to sex. Not deep love as I described earlier.  The quote below addresses only lust and sex also.
My conclusion still stands. The Bible does not say that homosexuality is a sin. It discusses lust and sex only.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2012, 07:05:42 PM »
New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
Still unclear and nor direct, although more direct i suppose. (not after actual research)

You forgot to post the footnote in your link:

Footnotes:

1 Corinthians 6:9 That is, catamites

What 's a Catamite?  a boy who has a sexual relationship with a man.

cat·a·mite
   [kat-uh-mahyt] Show IPA
noun:  a boy or youth who is in a sexual relationship with a man.  

Which is different than 2 men having a sexual relationship.  And in this verse, the BOY is unrighteous not the man.  Interesting lol.

Let's look at the KVJ version:

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

ef·fem·i·nate
   [adj. ih-fem-uh-nit; v. ih-fem-uh-neyt] Show IPA adjective, verb, ef·fem·i·nat·ed, ef·fem·i·nat·ing.
adjective
(of a man or boy) having traits, tastes, habits, etc., traditionally considered feminine, as softness or delicacy.

Interesting isn't it?  Looks like intellectual dishonesty here among interpretors

Clearly they are talking about boys who act like girls not going to heaven.

They are NOT clearly talking about homosexuals and NOT clearly saying homosexuality is a sin.

I am sure there is a verse in the Bible that clearly states homosexuality is a sin, isn't there?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2012, 07:07:06 PM »
Still unclear and nor direct, although more direct i suppose. (not after actual research)

Footnotes:

cat·a·mite
   [kat-uh-mahyt] Show IPA

Which is different than 2 men having a sexual relationship.  And in this verse, the BOY is unrighteous not the man.  Interesting lol.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

ef·fem·i·nate
   [adj. ih-fem-uh-nit; v. ih-fem-uh-neyt] Show IPA adjective, verb, ef·fem·i·nat·ed, ef·fem·i·nat·ing.
adjective
(of a man or boy) having traits, tastes, habits, etc., traditionally considered feminine, as softness or delicacy.

Interesting isn't it?  Looks like intellectual dishonesty here among interpretors

They are NOT clearly talking about homosexuals and NOT clearly saying homosexuality is a sin.

I am sure there is a verse in the Bible that clearly states homosexuality is a sin, isn't there?

LOL    ;D

Troll

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2012, 07:07:43 PM »
LOL    ;D

Troll

yeah, run away from it coward.   :D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2012, 07:08:25 PM »
yeah, run away from it coward.   :D

Troll   8)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2012, 07:08:51 PM »
Yeah lets just ignore obvious lying and intellectual dishonesty and go ad hom.

Good for you loco.   ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2012, 07:10:08 PM »
Yeah lets just ignore obvious lying and intellectual dishonesty and go ad hom.

Good for you loco.   ;D

Troll   :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »
Troll   :)

::)

Footnotes:

What 's a Catamite?  a boy who has a sexual relationship with a man.

cat·a·mite
   [kat-uh-mahyt] Show IPA
noun:  a boy or youth who is in a sexual relationship with a man. 

Which is different than 2 men having a sexual relationship.  And in this verse, the BOY is unrighteous not the man.  Interesting lol.

ef·fem·i·nate
adjective

Interesting isn't it?  Looks like intellectual dishonesty here among interpretors

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2012, 07:12:55 PM »

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

9 Don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or anyone practicing homosexuality,(a)
10 no thieves, greedy people, drunkards, verbally abusive people, or swindlers will inherit God’s kingdom.

Footnotes:

a.   1 Corinthians 6:9 Lit adulterers, passive homosexual partners, active homosexual partners

Footnotes #2:

Troll    :)

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2012, 07:13:59 PM »
Mr. Magoo

That's the thing here, its hard for some people to accept that homosexuals can and do have anything other than a relationship based on unnatural sex.  To do so, would put a face to it so to speak.

Yea, I hear a lot of arguments against homosexuals, etc, and it all seems to be based on the sex part (it's unnatural for man/man sex or women/women sex). But then when I saw the two 80 year old women on the news being the first lesbian couple to marry in new york, I think "wait.....what's sinful about that?"

I hope these same people don't think of male and female relationships completely in terms of sex and lust.  :-\

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2012, 07:14:38 PM »

9 Don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or anyone practicing homosexuality,(a)
10 no thieves, greedy people, drunkards, verbally abusive people, or swindlers will inherit God’s kingdom.

Footnotes:

a.   1 Corinthians 6:9 Lit adulterers, passive homosexual partners, active homosexual partners

Footnotes #2:

translated by more homophobes

Typical of most Christians, find another translation HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Footnotes:

cat·a·mite
   [kat-uh-mahyt] Show IPA

ef·fem·i·nate
adjective

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2012, 07:16:09 PM »
Yea, I hear a lot of arguments against homosexuals, etc, and it all seems to be based on the sex part (it's unnatural for man/man sex or women/women sex). But then when I saw the two 80 year old women on the news being the first lesbian couple to marry in new york, I think "wait.....what's sinful about that?"

I hope these same people don't think of male and female relationships completely in terms of sex and lust.  :-\

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2012, 07:16:29 PM »

Grew up across the street from 2 gay guys in their 80's when they died.  They had been together 50 years.  

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2012, 07:17:36 PM »
translated by more homophobes

Typical of most Christians, find another translation HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Footnotes:

cat·a·mite
   [kat-uh-mahyt] Show IPA

ef·fem·i·nate
adjective

I posted the different versions.  Where are you getting your information from, troll?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2012, 07:18:39 PM »
I posted the different versions.  Where are you getting your information from, troll?

Seriously loco, you are being pretty pathetic, kind of like a little cry baby bitch.  KVJ, remember that one?

Footnotes:

cat·a·mite
   [kat-uh-mahyt] Show IPA

ef·fem·i·nate
adjective

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2012, 07:20:16 PM »
I must have really struck a nerve with your faith. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2012, 07:20:30 PM »
Homosexuals now trying to use the Bible to justify their lifestyle.   Good luck with that! 

Footnotes:

Footnotes #2:

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2012, 07:21:20 PM »
Like i said, i must have struck a nerve with you faith. 

Sorry.