Author Topic: Would you ever date a girl with a child?  (Read 19255 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Would you ever date a girl with a child?
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2014, 09:43:08 PM »
Hate to say this as my biggest fear dumping my kid's mom was the thought of my son calling another man "dad" but my ex's (now) husband is a good lad and looks after my son well. They have another kid together which helps I guess. Son calls me dad and his "other dad" by his Christian name. Long as my son is happy and being brought up well I can't complain. I made choice to end relationship I have to deal with results and from that perspective all is good.

Did you want custody? Did you try to get it?  No matter how "good" or decent the other guy is, how can you stand to see your own son raised by another man?  If you had a terminal disease or were on your deathbed, I could see you giving it your blessing, but otherwise, no way!  I have never understood how any guy who considers himself a "man" could walk away from parenting his own son.  A daughter I could see (I know it's horribly sexist to say that) but your own son?  Never!  I would break the law, kidnap my child, move abroad, or take a life before I let someone take my son away from me.

If the other guy is decent your son will come to think of him as his father.  You will just be the guy who visits.  That decent man is there every single day.  When your son has nightmares, learns to ride a bike, has his first date, needs help with homework, flies a kite, learns to drive etc. That guy will be there for him.  You won't.  You can't compete with that kind of presence--not to mention emotional and financial support.  Of course, if you don't care or don't love the kid maybe it is just as well you are not the father in his life.  :'(

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2014, 10:40:19 PM »
I just started to date a single mom with 2 kids earlier this week, i have a kid myself but damn it felt awkward when we all 5 was out  on the carneval here. Never dated a chick with kids before.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2014, 11:05:24 PM »
I just started to date a single mom with 2 kids earlier this week, i have a kid myself but damn it felt awkward when we all 5 was out  on the carneval here. Never dated a chick with kids before.

Instant Family ..it's a little freaky  ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 11:52:55 PM »
Did you want custody? Did you try to get it?  No matter how "good" or decent the other guy is, how can you stand to see your own son raised by another man?  If you had a terminal disease or were on your deathbed, I could see you giving it your blessing, but otherwise, no way!  I have never understood how any guy who considers himself a "man" could walk away from parenting his own son.  A daughter I could see (I know it's horribly sexist to say that) but your own son?  Never!  I would break the law, kidnap my child, move abroad, or take a life before I let someone take my son away from me.

If the other guy is decent your son will come to think of him as his father.  You will just be the guy who visits.  That decent man is there every single day.  When your son has nightmares, learns to ride a bike, has his first date, needs help with homework, flies a kite, learns to drive etc. That guy will be there for him.  You won't.  You can't compete with that kind of presence--not to mention emotional and financial support.  Of course, if you don't care or don't love the kid maybe it is just as well you are not the father in his life.  :'(

Empirical evidence to support this assertion of yours?

In fact, nonresident fathers who are actively involved in their children's life and spend quality time with them are still considered fathers.
X

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2014, 11:56:12 PM »
Raising another man's castoffs is for bottoms like the trainer.

This.
I could date/fuck a mom but never take on some brats in my life

I don't even like children

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2014, 12:04:32 AM »

I had to go to court to get legal guardianship, it was rough with his mother for a while but I did cheat on her with another woman. We get on well now, I see my son all the time and he is in no doubt that I am his dad. He doesn't call anyone else dad.

You can't expect the mother to remain celibate just because you end the relationship and staying in an unhappy relationship is terrible for the child.

I'm happy now, his mom is happy and most importantly he is happy.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2014, 12:43:18 AM »
Instant Family ..it's a little freaky  ;D
lol it is, im use to be only me and my 5 year old daughter, if it grts serious btw us there will be not only one person more but two boys 5 and 7 years old freaks me out  :D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2014, 01:17:46 AM »
I think I would pull a Chris Benoit the first time the kid said "you're not my dad you can't tell me what to do!"  >:(

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2014, 02:44:17 AM »
Nope.

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2014, 02:47:52 AM »
This thread shows why they are so easy to pick.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2014, 03:57:42 AM »
It goes both ways fellas. If your in your early twenties and you have kids no 21 year old girl is going to want a relationship with you  either.
l

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2014, 05:37:00 AM »
I`ve been with a few back in the day.....one I was with for a while had 2 sons.............one of them was just a true little prick.

One day I told the kid to chill out because he was running around and screaming like a friggin` animal........he tells me to shutup and says......"you`re not my father".

I told him he was lucky I wasn`t because he`d have a serious asswhipping coming his way.

His mother did absoulutely nothing in the way of disciplining her kids whatsoever.

Needless to say,I hit it and quit it.

Simple Simon

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2014, 05:37:59 AM »
It goes both ways fellas. If your in your early twenties and you have kids no 21 year old girl is going to want a relationship with you  either.
Do you ever think before you type anything at all?

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2014, 05:43:21 AM »
I`ve been with a few back in the day.....one I was with for a while had 2 sons.............one of them was just a true little prick.

One day I told the kid to chill out because he was running around and screaming like a friggin` animal........he tells me to shutup and says......"you`re not my father".

I told him he was lucky I wasn`t because he`d have a serious asswhipping coming his way.

His mother did absoulutely nothing in the way of disciplining her kids whatsoever.

Needless to say,I hit it and quit it.

It looks like almost everybody who tried this has the same experience. Once when I met my friend with his single mom and her kids, mom told kids to listen their new father, kids said "its not our father!", lol.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2014, 05:57:07 AM »
When you're you I can understand not dating a girl with kids......BUT if you get into your late 30's and meet a girl in that same age group and she is still single, never married or no kids then there is something wrong with her.

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2014, 05:59:51 AM »
When you're you I can understand not dating a girl with kids......BUT if you get into your late 30's and meet a girl in that same age group and she is still single, never married or no kids then there is something wrong with her.

That would not be a problem, I am mental case myself.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2014, 06:01:55 AM »

;D

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2014, 06:06:34 AM »

I had no problem getting women or girlfriends.

I'd also add that my experience has been that more mature women prefer muscular men, though it seems to be catching on with younger women now.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2014, 06:22:27 AM »
^^THIS

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2014, 07:30:31 AM »
Only if it was a daughter.  And she was 18.  And hot.

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2014, 07:38:15 AM »
If Halo were not in TO he could offer us a valuable perspective on what to do in this situation, and if having a child effects the males ability to pull fine chocolate ladies in the clubs or elsewhere

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2014, 07:44:28 AM »

As if all the women I met when I was young weren't unbalanced + ignorant + desperate in some way, whether for escape, approval, etc.  What a mess.  I was no saint either.

Not to be callous but the awesome thing about no-kids, 30s women is it's DATELINE NBC, shape up or ship out time.  These come in three varieties: the blatently manipulative, the eternally embittered (no vacancy), and the unencumbered honest (presumeably).

On the other hand, maybe I'm wrong in thinking that you get a glimpse of who they 'really are.'  Maybe people just keep developing, which would be really cool if they weren't doing the whole becoming thing and getting their shit together ON MY FUCKING TIME.  And I can keep making sperm so I can only imagine a woman's outrage.

They probably talk the same shit over on GetVaginal, or whatever.

Normally I'd stake my claim here.  In this case, I fully defer.  ;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2014, 07:51:09 AM »
It depends on the age of the kids. Older kids would be better because they have their own lives.  Dating a woman with younger pre-teens would be problematic.  If you grow attached to the kids or they to you and the relationship ends, its going to be tough, especially on the kids.
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2014, 07:56:45 AM »
I feel nothing for other people's children.  I don't aim for them with my car or anything, I just don't particularly care about them.  They are un-charming.  :-\

the trainer

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2014, 08:17:15 AM »
Raising another man's castoffs is for bottoms like the trainer.

Have some respect I am a 100 percent pure bred alpha male who men come to for advice on how to get laid.