Author Topic: Lampert Gets Second Chance To Layoff More Sears Employees  (Read 2953 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Lampert Gets Second Chance To Layoff More Sears Employees
« on: February 10, 2019, 12:44:10 PM »
Sears will stay alive after judge approves former CEO’s bid

By ANNE D’INNOCENZIO

NEW YORK (AP) — A bankruptcy judge on Thursday blessed a $5.2 billion plan by Sears chairman and biggest shareholder to keep the iconic business going.

The approval means roughly 425 stores and 45,000 jobs will be preserved.

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2019/02/sears-will-stay-alive-after-judge-approves-former-ceos-bid.html

The company had 3,500 US stores and more than 300,000 employees when Sears and Kmart merged in 2005, so 255,000 jobs were eliminated and 3,075 stores were closed.  Lapert's work wasn't done, he still has 45,000 more employees to layoff.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Lampert Gets Second Chance To Layoff More Sears Employees
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 01:15:14 PM »
Anyone here visit a Sears recently?  Retarded employees, the clothing is very low quality, the shelves are never stocked and they never have anything in your size.  

When I was a kid Sears, Strawbridge and Clothier and John Wanamaker was where most middle class adults bought their clothes... fairly high quality back in the day.  Going to Sears was a treat, especially visiting their toy department.  

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 04:55:25 AM »
It's over.  The Sears brand is poison at this point.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 05:10:45 AM »
Anyone here visit a Sears recently?  Retarded employees, the clothing is very low quality, the shelves are never stocked and they never have anything in your size.  

When I was a kid Sears, Strawbridge and Clothier and John Wanamaker was where most middle class adults bought their clothes... fairly high quality back in the day.  Going to Sears was a treat, especially visiting their toy department.  

We use to go to Sears, Woolworths (food and knick knacks) and Maison Blanche for Christmas

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 05:17:59 AM »
Limitless Lampert jets of loss.  Sears & Nobucks.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 10:00:10 AM »
Why delay the inevitable? Buy your low cost crappy apparel direct from China via Wish.com.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 10:06:22 AM »
All these big box stores and malls in general are finished....why are they wasting time and money propping up Sears it will crash and burn in no time!!! This is the way of the world now...online shopping has done to department stores what Netflix done to Blockbuster video!!!

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 10:39:52 AM »
All these big box stores and malls in general are finished....why are they wasting time and money propping up Sears it will crash and burn in no time!!! This is the way of the world now...online shopping has done to department stores what Netflix done to Blockbuster video!!!

In my opinion Kmart's reputation was driven into the ground more than Sears.  Kmart used to be a step up from Walmart almost at the level of Target. 

The last Kmart I visited had half it's lights out.  I've seen stores that are having going out of business sales that looked in better shape than this store.  With only 425 remaining they sure better be remodeling these stores.   

It's easy to destroy a business, much harder to build it up.  Lampert has no intention of trying to rebuild this business.  What's really sad is he could bankrupt it again and would still be able to buy the company out of bankruptcy again.  He's running both companies into the ground. This is vampire corporate raiding at its finest.  Disgusting!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 11:52:27 AM »
Eventually, the only two places to buy from will be Walmart and Amazon.
X

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 12:56:33 PM »
the last of the mohicans. john oliver missed this one when he did his hbo series last year. one 48 hours video store is still opened in allentown pa. he should have sent russell crowe's jock strap to them. it won't be for long though.
F

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 12:59:42 PM »
Eventually, the only two places to buy from will be Walmart and Amazon.
The only places I shop now along with Family Dollar.  Most done at Amazon so I don't have to leave the house.  I'm lazy that way.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 07:19:53 AM »
Those were fun times Funk, going to the local video store, browsing for and getting a few movies, maybe some candy/popcorn.
When the last local one was closed, it sucked. I realize they are not needed these days, but those times were fun.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 08:37:21 AM »
Sears is garbage. Wouldn’t step foot into one.
T