Author Topic: Tesla To Introduce Robotaxi Service Next Year  (Read 2188 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Tesla To Introduce Robotaxi Service Next Year
« on: April 23, 2019, 08:15:26 AM »
Tesla To Introduce Robotaxi Service Next Year, Unveils New Autonomous Chip
BY Brad Anderson | Posted on April 23, 2019

Tesla chief executive says the electric car manufacturer will launch a number of robotaxis without human drivers across the United States next year.

Speaking at the ‘Tesla Autonomy Day,’ Musk said that the autonomous taxi service will be introduced to select cities across the country and also said that the carmaker will make a car with no steering wheel or pedals in “probably two years from now.”

Tesla is rapidly moving towards total autonomy

Alongside the announcement of its planned robotaxi fleet, Tesla announced its all-new Full Self-Driving computer which Musk asserts is “objectively the best chip in the world.” Tesla has been working on its autonomous chip for a number of years and announced that all Model S and Model X vehicles built since around March 20th and all Model 3 vehicles built around April 12 and onwards have the new computer installed.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/tesla-to-introduce-robotaxi-service-next-year-unveils-new-autonomous-chip/

Elon says they will remove steering wheels and pedals from cars in two to three year.

The new chip is quite valuable and I'm sure they will start selling it to computer companies.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Re: Tesla To Introduce Robotaxi Service Next Year
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 08:20:50 AM »
 :(

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 09:12:32 AM »
Any other car than a Tesla in 3 years will be "like owning a horse":

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/23/elon-musk-any-other-car-than-a-tesla-in-3-years-like-owning-a-horse.html

Fantastic words by Elon! Reall made me smile  (Even though I think autonomous driving will take longer to perfect)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 10:54:12 AM »
Any other car than a Tesla in 3 years will be "like owning a horse":

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/23/elon-musk-any-other-car-than-a-tesla-in-3-years-like-owning-a-horse.html

Fantastic words by Elon! Reall made me smile  (Even though I think autonomous driving will take longer to perfect)

I like the way Elon disregards public safety with electric self driving cars.  Multiple cars have burst into flames and many people have been killed using autopilot and he still persists like nothing happened.

Tesla car blows up in flames in China

This video is going viral in China right now.  Nothing to see here, please move along. 

If a few hundred people have to die to make electric self driving cars a reality, it's worth it.  The internal combustion engine and the steering wheel are our enemy. 

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 12:00:49 PM »
Elon Musk:
"I feel very confident predicting 1 million autonomous robo-taxis for Tesla next year,"

"Not in all jurisdictions because we won't have regulatory approval everywhere, but I'm confident we will have regulatory approval at least somewhere, literally next year. "

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-robo-taxis-elon-musk-pt-barnum-circus-2019-4

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 12:20:33 PM »
how is this relevant to getbiggers? most of us have our own private chauffeur.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 02:19:36 PM »
The liability this company opens itself up to is staggering.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 02:21:42 PM »
how is this relevant to getbiggers? most of us have our own private chauffeur.

nope, pizza delivery guy is not your private driver ,  :)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 03:25:30 PM »

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 10:51:29 PM »
The liability this company opens itself up to is staggering.

Tesla's credit rating is A3 which is considered junk.  They're swimming in debt.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 03:54:25 AM »
More BS from the super-conman Musk.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 04:15:09 AM »
That would be awesome but he better deliver.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 05:08:33 AM »
That would be awesome but he better deliver.

Elon always delivers. Sometimes 6 or 12 months late, but still. Both SpaceX and Tesla deliver.
Model 3 is selling very well in Europe, I've seen about a dozen and it's for sale since about two months here in Holland. Great and groundbreaking car imo

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2019, 07:35:37 AM »
Google and Tesla Say Self-Driving Tech Will Accelerate Exponentially Within Twenty-Four Months
Doron Levin

Google’s Waymo driverless car venture said it will rent a factory in Detroit to retrofit Jaguars and Chrysler minivans with autonomous technology, signaling the next step in Google’s push to develop a functioning system that will allow cars to operate without human intervention.

The factory will be the first, Waymo said, producing vehicles capable of Level IV autonomy, defined as able to be operated without a driver in a specifically defined or geofenced area under specific operating conditions.  Currently, the company’s Waymo One robotaxi service is operating in the Phoenix area.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/doronlevin/2019/04/24/google-and-tesla-say-self-driving-tech-will-accelerate-exponentially-within-twenty-four-months/#182f20055e51

Sounds like driverless cars is going to happen soon for both Tesla and Google.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2019, 10:47:40 AM »
Demo of Model 3 self driving.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 07:23:18 PM »
Tesla's credit rating is A3 which is considered junk.  They're swimming in debt.

Proof it is just a govt backed enterprise. Free market is not driving this company and although I think Elon is smart and interesting I'm getting the feeling the emperor has no clothes as far as being financially feasible.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2019, 08:37:57 PM »
Google and Tesla Say Self-Driving Tech Will Accelerate Exponentially Within Twenty-Four Months
Doron Levin

Google’s Waymo driverless car venture said it will rent a factory in Detroit to retrofit Jaguars and Chrysler minivans with autonomous technology, signaling the next step in Google’s push to develop a functioning system that will allow cars to operate without human intervention.

The factory will be the first, Waymo said, producing vehicles capable of Level IV autonomy, defined as able to be operated without a driver in a specifically defined or geofenced area under specific operating conditions.  Currently, the company’s Waymo One robotaxi service is operating in the Phoenix area.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/doronlevin/2019/04/24/google-and-tesla-say-self-driving-tech-will-accelerate-exponentially-within-twenty-four-months/#182f20055e51

Sounds like driverless cars is going to happen soon for both Tesla and Google.

Didn't one of those plow down a pedestrian within 19 minutes of being on the road last time they tried it? ::)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elaine_Herzberg

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2019, 10:58:30 AM »
Seeing Red Again: Tesla’s Winning Streak Turns to a Loss in First Quarter
By Steph Willems

Quite an about-face from the rosy projections issued at the start of the year. It wasn’t all that long ago that CEO Elon Musk was only mildly worried about Q1. Now, as the company reports a $702 million loss, the onus is on Musk to restore investor enthusiasm the hard way.

How did Tesla’s finances stack up in Q1? Vehicle revenue fell 71 percent from Q4 2018, to $3.72 billion. Loss per share was $2.90, whereas analysts predicted an average loss of 69 cents. Total revenue also fell short of expectations, at $4.54 billion versus the $5.19 billion predicted.

The company’s available cash stands at $2.2 billion, down $1.5 billion from Q4 2018. A  $920 million debt payment that came due last month makes up a large chunk of this drop. If you’re curious, $768 million of that $2.2 billion sum is customer deposits.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2019/04/seeing-red-again-teslas-winning-streak-turns-to-a-loss-in-first-quarter/

Tesla is going to need to issue some bonds soon, or maybe more stock.  This is where their poor credit rating is going to hurt them.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2019, 12:24:33 AM »

Proof it is just a govt backed enterprise. Free market is not driving this company and although I think Elon is smart and interesting I'm getting the feeling the emperor has no clothes as far as being financially feasible.

I think you’re very much correct
Any other business would’ve sunk long ago.