Author Topic: Black Female Manager Fired From Google For Sending An Email  (Read 3563 times)

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
Re: Black Female Manager Fired From Google For Sending An Email
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2020, 02:28:04 AM »
Nobody likes ugly chicks, especially when they mount the pulpit.

If Antifa was all smoking hot women, it'd be "Hey these ladies are making a lot of sense!"

LOL  :D

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2020, 04:30:24 PM »
Google Chief Apologizes for A.I. Researcher’s Dismissal

By Daisuke Wakabayashi

Dec. 9, 2020

Sundar Pichai, chief executive of Google’s parent company Alphabet, apologized for the departure of a prominent artificial intelligence researcher, whose exit has roiled the company’s work force and raised questions about its stated commitment to diversity and the responsible development of A.I. technology.

In an email to employees on Wednesday, Mr. Pichai, however, stopped short of saying that the company was wrong in how it hastened the resignation of Timnit Gebru, who was a co-leader of Google’s Ethical A.I. team and one of its best-known Black female employees.

Dr. Gebru said last week that the company fired her after she sent an email that criticized the company’s lack of progress in hiring women and minorities as well as biases built into its artificial intelligence technology. She said that she had demanded an explanation for why the company had told her to retract a paper that pinpointed flaws in a new breed of language technology, including a system built by Google that underpins the company’s search engine.

She said that short of a transparent explanation or further discussion that she would resign after an appropriate amount of time. The company immediately accepted her statement as a resignation and cut her off from all company services and systems.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/09/technology/timnit-gebru-google-pichai.html

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2020, 04:34:48 PM »
Timnit Gebru: Google’s ‘dehumanizing’ memo paints me as an angry Black woman
Khari Johnson

In a companywide memo to employees Wednesday, Google CEO Sundar Pichai said he’s sorry about the way the company fired prominent AI ethics co-lead Timnit Gebru. He said he accepts “the responsibility of working to restore your trust” and that the company is now considering the implementation of “de-escalation strategies.” He concluded his comments about why Google fired one of the best-known Black female AI researchers in the world by stating that the company treats diversity as a priority.

In response to the memo, Gebru said Pichai’s comments play to the trope that she’s an angry Black woman and called the content “dehumanizing.”

In an interview with VentureBeat on Wednesday, Gebru talked about toxic workplace culture in Big Tech, ethics washing, keeping AI research free from corporate influence, and the two things she wants young women and people of color interested in entering the field of machine learning to know.

Since Google fired Gebru, many of her colleagues from the Google AI ethics team, the rest of the company, and the wider tech community have demanded accountability and change. In the past week, more than 2,000 Googlers and over 3,700 supporters in academia and industry have signed a petition supporting Gebru and calling what happened to her “a retaliatory firing,” and a case of “unprecedented research censorship.”

https://venturebeat.com/author/kjohnson/

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2020, 05:02:42 PM »
Timnit Gebru: Google’s ‘dehumanizing’ memo paints me as an angry Black woman
Khari Johnson

She probably is, but it's possible she has a point too.  Google is pushing leftism on the masses, then hires majority-White and Asian programmers.  But yeah, tell me how great global communism is...  ::)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2020, 06:01:24 PM »
Tom Simonite
Behind the Paper That Led to a Google Researcher’s Firing

Last week, Gebru said she was fired by Google after objecting to a manager’s request to retract or remove her name from the paper. Google’s head of AI said the work “didn’t meet our bar for publication.”

https://www.wired.com/story/behind-paper-led-google-researchers-firing/

The bottom line is upper level management wanted her to remove her name from a paper and she said no, so they accepted her resignation.  She made here decision and they made there's. 

What I find distasteful is her going to the media and trying to make this story about race or sex or anything else.