Author Topic: Mid to late 30's and still "Chasing the dream"??  (Read 9529 times)

Alex23

Mid to late 30's and still "Chasing the dream"??
« on: November 09, 2008, 10:55:12 AM »
I see many of them on a daily basis; living the full blown 'lifestyle', weights and 'meals' (haha oh brother) comes first, rarely have a career and even if he does comes sloppy second, living paycheck to paycheck, absolutely no savings whatsoever other than the money he piled for his "next cycle"... no kids and usually with a desperate ugly older women , sponsoring his selfishness and submitted to his lifestyle (could she do better?)

Have you ever stopped for a second and thought about what you could do with all that time spent trying to 'make it? And even if you make it, what's the prospect? Is it sustainable? Enough to build a financial future?

What happens when you hit 40 and realize you have neither a career nor the "body" you so insecurely which you had wrapped yourself into  :-X ? Go back the "school" for the 4th time?

I'm 30yo, have both a career and partner in a successful consulting business. I have a Master's degree in Computer Science. I love bodybuilding but it's just a fucking hobby, not a "lifestyle".... when work pops up, "lifting weights" takes the backseat in a heartbeat...

I love how the "no pain no gain all sacrifice for my goal" of 80's early 90's has "inspired" many; I specifically like how they blindly and stupidly live by it without weighting the pros and cons... 

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Mid to late 30's and still "Chasing the dream"??
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:56:35 AM »
Nice post. Couldn't agree more. I love training but I won't let it override my personal life &/or work. Sometimes you gotta do what you goota do.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:57:29 AM »
But in the long run, we're all dead. Might as well enjoy life if your at it. :)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 10:58:55 AM »
I see many of them on a daily basis; living the full blown 'lifestyle', weights and 'meals' (haha oh brother) comes first, rarely have a career and even if he does comes sloppy second, living paycheck to paycheck, absolutely no savings whatsoever other than the money he piled for his "next cycle"... no kids and usually with a desperate ugly older women , sponsoring his selfishness and submitted to his lifestyle (could she do better?)

Have you ever stopped for a second and thought about what you could do with all that time spent trying to 'make it? And even if you make it, what's the prospect? Is it sustainable? Enough to build a financial future?

What happens when you hit 40 and realize you have neither a career nor the "body" you so insecurely which you had wrapped yourself into  :-X ? Go back the "school" for the 4th time?

I'm 30yo, have both a career and partner in a successful consulting business. I have a Master's degree in Computer Science. I love bodybuilding but it's just a fucking hobby, not a "lifestyle".... when work pops up, "lifting weights" takes the backseat in a heartbeat...

I love how the "no pain no gain all sacrifice for my goal" of 80's early 90's has "inspired" many; I specifically like how they blindly and stupidly live by it without weighting the pros and cons... 

is this your way of saying you have let yourself go
T

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 10:59:23 AM »
Maybe they're still happy the way they are.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 11:00:25 AM »
some here are chasing the cock.

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 11:01:58 AM »
Might as well enjoy life if your at it. :)

???

spinnis

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 11:02:35 AM »
Lets see the so called "Partner" stud.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 11:02:48 AM »
Alex is starting to sound like a fat, french, gay version of Howard.

Just live your own life and let them live theirs.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 11:03:08 AM »
What is this "bodybuilding lifestyle" anyway?
I always thought it's about lifting weights and nutrition.
Where does the "lifestyle" come into play ???

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 11:03:22 AM »

truth.

NT

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 11:06:23 AM »

amen! some music for this moment in time

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 11:07:32 AM »
sounds like alex is mad at mike arvilla

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 11:09:17 AM »
Good post Alex

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 11:09:22 AM »
What is this "bodybuilding lifestyle" anyway?
I always thought it's about lifting weights and nutrition.
Where does the "lifestyle" come into play ???

Lifting weights and eating correctly sounds boring. Living the bodybuilding lifestyle, that's cool.  ::)

Agree with Alex completely.

vice1

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Muscle!!! Get It!!!! GetBig!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 11:11:42 AM »
Very true  :o

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 11:14:48 AM »
there is no need to live the 'bodybuilding lifestyle'  ::). you go to the gym for 60min 4-5 days a week, and after that you go on with your life.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 11:17:50 AM »
But they always say they eat, life, and breathe bodybuilding 24/7 !
I'm sure that means something!

vice1

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 11:18:11 AM »
there is no need to live the 'bodybuilding lifestyle'  ::). you go to the gym for 60min 4-5 days a week, and after that you go on with your life.
that's how I do it, I have a job and a wife, I don't LIVE bodybuilding
I don't get 20 chicken breasts a day, lift 2 sessions a day
it's only muscle, it'll go away when you stop working out for a week or two anyways

Stavios

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 11:19:14 AM »

great post man

vice1

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 11:19:19 AM »
But they always say they eat, life, and breathe bodybuilding 24/7 !
I'm sure that means something!
I bet you, they are fat out of shape permabulkers
who think they look good

Alex23

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 11:20:43 AM »
amen! some music for this moment in time

HAHAHAHA I love it.... gotta love that 80's "all or nothing" culture ;D

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 11:20:57 AM »
great post man

question is,  do you understand?

Stavios

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 11:21:56 AM »
question is,  do you understand?

of course man, why do you say that ?

I have always said bodybuilding was a hobby for me

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008, 11:25:01 AM »
of course man, why do you say that ?

I have always said bodybuilding was a hobby for me

good, never limit yourself to ripped glutes, chicken breasts and 3x8.