Author Topic: RIP - Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room - Died 08-25-17  (Read 480054 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: RIP - Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room - Died 08-25-17
« Reply #1600 on: September 01, 2017, 06:57:32 AM »
....in fact the directions for Naltrexone warn DO NOT take if you are not clean from opiates

Just read that again to make sure I understood it - so you can't use this stuff on people with opiates in their system?  If that's the case what's it actually for then?  Do you see what I mean?
T

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1601 on: September 01, 2017, 02:46:44 PM »
Well its an extreme call..

It is for an acute overdose...meaning its life or death right now...you're risking killing someone...usually not done when you have medical treatment immediately available...

For example...Prince was given Narcan on the plane when he od'd and they were in the air...just nothing else to do...

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #1602 on: September 01, 2017, 03:37:04 PM »
Well its an extreme call..

It is for an acute overdose...meaning its life or death right now...you're risking killing someone...usually not done when you have medical treatment immediately available...

For example...Prince was given Narcan on the plane when he od'd and they were in the air...just nothing else to do...

???  So you see someone dying, and you have to decide whether to kill them more (or not)??

My question stands - if you encounters someone who is unconscious, how do you know it they are addicted to opiates?

And isn't Narcan medical treatment?  Provided by EMT, etc.?  What's the treatment for opiate overdose in a clinical setting when there is 'something else to do'?

(Sorry for all the questions  :))
T

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #1603 on: September 01, 2017, 03:46:04 PM »
???  So you see someone dying, and you have to decide whether to kill them more (or not)??

My question stands - if you encounters someone who is unconscious, how do you know it they are addicted to opiates?

And isn't Narcan medical treatment?  Provided by EMT, etc.?  What's the treatment for opiate overdose in a clinical setting when there is 'something else to do'?

Ill make it easy for you,if you encounter an unconscious drug addict kick them in the face and walk away laughing.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1604 on: September 01, 2017, 03:58:23 PM »
"Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door... Open that fucking door, goddamnit!"

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1605 on: September 01, 2017, 04:18:20 PM »

You would maintain their vital signs and ride it out...interestingly...th e doctors(not emt kids) put him BACK into a coma....so they didn't seem to agree with Narcan...the doctors didn't try to radically reverse the overdose...

That's the problem...the need to always DO something...

Emt's often get nervous...somebody unconcious and it scares them...usually with loves ones screaming and demanding they DO something....heres from emt1...a training site for emts on Narcan

"Don’t try to wake them up with Narcan, they advised, even if it’s just to “sleepwalk” them to the rig. The risks — pulmonary edema, vomiting and potential aspiration, myocardial infarction, seizures, the list goes on — just aren’t worth it. Just because you can give a drug, doesn’t mean you should give a drug.

Sometimes, less is more.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #1606 on: September 01, 2017, 04:29:49 PM »
Gonna be honest here, I'm gonna turn the volume off and wax the dolphin to this later.

x2

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #1607 on: September 01, 2017, 05:28:36 PM »
Ill make it easy for you,if you encounter an unconscious drug addict kick them in the face and walk away laughing.

Erm.... OK then....

T

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #1608 on: September 01, 2017, 05:32:53 PM »
You would maintain their vital signs and ride it out...interestingly...th e doctors(not emt kids) put him BACK into a coma....so they didn't seem to agree with Narcan...the doctors didn't try to radically reverse the overdose...

That's the problem...the need to always DO something...

Emt's often get nervous...somebody unconcious and it scares them...usually with loves ones screaming and demanding they DO something....heres from emt1...a training site for emts on Narcan

"Don’t try to wake them up with Narcan, they advised, even if it’s just to “sleepwalk” them to the rig. The risks — pulmonary edema, vomiting and potential aspiration, myocardial infarction, seizures, the list goes on — just aren’t worth it. Just because you can give a drug, doesn’t mean you should give a drug.

Sometimes, less is more.

Thanks for replying so fully - really appreciated  8)

Cheers  :)
T

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #1609 on: September 04, 2017, 04:50:15 AM »
This is just nuts! A real loss for the entertaining side of the industry. RIP
O

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #1610 on: September 04, 2017, 06:32:22 AM »
Nothing has been posted for his funeral service?

Simple Simon

« Reply #1611 on: September 04, 2017, 06:35:56 AM »
Nothing has been posted for his funeral service?
you planning on going?

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1612 on: September 04, 2017, 08:56:14 AM »
Narcan is a short acting form of the anti addiction drug Naltrexone...an opiod antagonist....in fact the directions for Naltrexone warn DO NOT take if you are not clean from opiates and are still addicted as SEVERE withdrawal symptoms will occur....that's with slow acting Naltrexone....Narcan is fast acting...it should only be administered in ACUTE overdose...however...if the person is a habitual user of opiods....Naloxone(the active medication in Naltrexone and Narcan) can cause SEVERE withdrawal symptoms including death...with a person with previous heart or respiratory problems...throwing them into acute withdrawal with an opiod antagonist can EASILY cause death....Narcan is an opiod antagonist...so is Naltrexone...DO NOT ADMINISTER IT TO AN OPIOD ADDICT!!!!!!!!!!  It will initiate ALL withdrawal symptoms immediately
I had a mild addiction to heroin back in my high school days, only smoked, never touched a needle, for about a year and a half, got annoyed by it and decided to put a stop to it, withdrawal were the worst experiences i ever had in my life and too much money burned for it when i could've used them for a lot of other stuff...

They gave me Narcan to clean my system, when i was starting to go into withdrawal, fell asleep... Woke up after a few hours, took a long piss, felt ok...

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #1613 on: September 04, 2017, 10:28:09 AM »
His funeral was Friday, closed and invite only.

burnout666

« Reply #1614 on: September 04, 2017, 10:46:31 AM »
A large number of people with plastic funnels and empty preworkout jugs were turned away from the front door.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #1615 on: September 04, 2017, 12:32:35 PM »
pulse was out for 30 minutes, he had no chance

Simple Simon

« Reply #1616 on: September 04, 2017, 12:50:10 PM »

if he was cremated has he gone out yet?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1617 on: September 04, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »
if he was cremated has he gone out yet?

Only if the siphoned all the oil out 1st.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1618 on: September 04, 2017, 03:33:02 PM »
FYI---if he's snorting his pre workout cuz it hits him faster, why is he doing it in his HOUSE??
He still has to DRIVE to the gym.
There would be no need for it to "hit him" that fast.
It's not like he's in the gym parking lot.

Also---he supposedly had JUST left the gym for a photoshoot.
So he went to the photoshoot---DROVE home..got a haircut and begins SNORTING HIS PREWORK OUT?
Only to have toDRIVE all the way back to the gym...again?
He's always complaining how busy he is.
Seems like a waste of time for such a busy guy.
ALso...those tears look fake.
And the coke comment about them being thin is SOOOO  fucking insulting.
Listen here honey-PLENTY of huge guys are doing coke.
Guys bigger than Rich. Professionals.
Lets not even talk about the coke use from the European amatuers that are fucking huge.

Yeah - as Palumbo said, she shouldn't have mentioned that issue at all.

It may have been opiates he was snorting.  I was prescribed opiates once and I LOVE them.  I say this as a person who doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, etc.  But opiates are amazing to me.  They are generally not toxic to the organs.  The issues surrounding opiate consumption is dependence, overdose, and the proliferation of fakes.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #1619 on: September 04, 2017, 03:38:27 PM »
Narcan is a short acting form of the anti addiction drug Naltrexone...an opiod antagonist....in fact the directions for Naltrexone warn DO NOT take if you are not clean from opiates and are still addicted as SEVERE withdrawal symptoms will occur....that's with slow acting Naltrexone....Narcan is fast acting...it should only be administered in ACUTE overdose...however...if the person is a habitual user of opiods....Naloxone(the active medication in Naltrexone and Narcan) can cause SEVERE withdrawal symptoms including death...with a person with previous heart or respiratory problems...throwing them into acute withdrawal with an opiod antagonist can EASILY cause death....Narcan is an opiod antagonist...so is Naltrexone...DO NOT ADMINISTER IT TO AN OPIOD ADDICT!!!!!!!!!!  It will initiate ALL withdrawal symptoms immediately

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1620 on: September 04, 2017, 03:38:44 PM »
pulse was out for 30 minutes, he had no chance

FFS, you're the 3rd guy posting this vid. Do you even pay attention?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #1621 on: September 04, 2017, 03:42:57 PM »

Which cold precipitated withdrawals. Imagine 7 Days of opiate withdrawals compressed into a belt 45 minutes to 2 hours. Shit is fucking horrible there's no other way to describe it. If you still have opiates in your system if you take a Suboxone within 24 hours that's exactly what you get precipitated withdrawal. The active ingredient attached to the opiate receptor so strongly that it pushes other opiates such as Oxycontin or heroin or whatever else off the opiate receptors and your body goes if shit into precipitated withdrawal. Which is why Narcan is administered to somebody suffering from you hope you overdose. It reverses the effects..

* voice texting I'm too lazy to fix the typos hopefully you can figure it out

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1622 on: September 04, 2017, 04:08:03 PM »
Which cold precipitated withdrawals. Imagine 7 Days of opiate withdrawals compressed into a belt 45 minutes to 2 hours. Shit is fucking horrible there's no other way to describe it. If you still have opiates in your system if you take a Suboxone within 24 hours that's exactly what you get precipitated withdrawal. The active ingredient attached to the opiate receptor so strongly that it pushes other opiates such as Oxycontin or heroin or whatever else off the opiate receptors and your body goes if shit into precipitated withdrawal. Which is why Narcan is administered to somebody suffering from you hope you overdose. It reverses the effects..

* voice texting I'm too lazy to fix the typos hopefully you can figure it out

Damn.

I guess the best way to get off opiates would be to just use a bit less each day, day after day, until you get down to a couple of Percocets daily.  Most people don't have the willpower to follow such a program though.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #1623 on: September 04, 2017, 04:15:21 PM »
He was snorting powdered Adderall.

mryorkielover

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1624 on: September 04, 2017, 08:01:22 PM »