Author Topic: Anyone else get chills when the jets do a fly over during the National Anthem?  (Read 1710 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
I was just watching Chase Atkins sing the National Anthem before tonights World Series game and as soon as those two jets came blasting overhead the chills went right down my spine. That is one awesome sight to behold, it must be incredible to see in person.

By the way, The National Anthem is just a beautiful song. To use a baseball metaphor Francis Scott Key hit a grand slam when he wrote it.

This thread is not for dirtbag Canadians with a grudge against the US, please go elsewhere to do your bashing.

Only Star Spangled Banner loving people need apply.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
in certain situations. 

what really gets me is when im visiting my grandpas grave at arlington cemetery, and i see the soldiers gaurding the tomb of the unknown soldier.  wow

Valhalla awaits.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I was just watching Chase Atkins sing the National Anthem before tonights World Series game and as soon as those two jets came blasting overhead the chills went right down my spine. That is one awesome sight to behold, it must be incredible to see in person.

By the way, The National Anthem is just a beautiful song. To use a baseball metaphor Francis Scott Key hit a grand slam when he wrote it.

This thread is not for dirtbag Canadians with a grudge against the US, please go elsewhere to do your bashing.

YES!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!! I'm use to it from being stationed on a Marine Corps Air Station but there's something very special about all those people in the statium, the National Anthem, and Boom, fly over....  You have to see it, it's awesome!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
in certain situations. 

what really gets me is when im visiting my grandpas grave at arlington cemetery, and i see the soldiers gaurding the tomb of the unknown soldier.  wow

That must be a powerful site to behold.

YES!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!! I'm use to it from being stationed on an Marine Corps Air Station but there's something very special about all those people in the statium, the National Anthem, and Boom, fly over....  You have to see it, it's awesome!

Boom is right. The noise of the jet engines blasting past is half of what's so cool about it.

Is there a cooler job in the world than fighter pilot? Of course it's incredibly dangerous but holy schit is it cool as hell.

Imagine piloting something that can go 14-1500 MPH.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I always get the chills at a sporting event when they play the national anthem.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Always a chicken skin moment for me. 

My office looks out over the HNL Int'l airport runway.  The air force has jets taking off from there a couple times or more a day.  Pretty awesome. 

Purge_WTF

I do indeed get an adrenaline rush whenever I see it on TV; I'd like to see it in person.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
R

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
in certain situations. 

Washington is powerful within itelf but Arlington is something you just can't describe!  Tomb of the Unknown is so badass!  I was on the AirForce Honor Guard 7 years ago and had a chance to drill with those dudes and they are simply amazing!  The discipline is that of none other!  I'll personally give someone $10k if they can make one of those dudes flinch!  Will never happen!!!  That's commitment!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Is that real?  If so, it's awesome. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
I always get the chills at a sporting event when they play the national anthem.

that's why your mommy always said to bring a sweater.  :P

STella that was a cool pic, ...where was that?
w

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Yes, it's real...the guy that sent it to my husband has a son that is an Air Force Pilot.  He described the difficulty of the S.

I don't remember where it was but I'll email him and if he can resend the info I'll post it here!
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
I just heard from the guy I thought sent it to me...he said it wasn't him.   Now that I know it wasn't him...I'm questioning credibility of the pic(right or wrong).  I'll look into it. :)
R

MKD

• Getbig II
That is Randolph AFB in San Antonio, Texas. Not sure on the authenticity, but those are T-38s- which are stationed at Randolph.
strong mind, strong body

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
God Bless America.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V

TorontoRaptorsFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!

There are Canadian soldiers serving overseas in Afghanistan right now. They're doing it to save American and Canadian lives. You should respect that.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
It gives me the willies

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I remember before the 90 or 91 Superbowl. The Blue Angels did the fly over at the climax of the anthem sung by a young Whitney Houston. A moment that should give anyone who believes in this country goosebumps.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
There are Canadian soldiers serving overseas in Afghanistan right now. They're doing it to save American and Canadian lives. You should respect that.

Raptors Fan. Canadians and Americans are all in this together. I respect it.
The House that Ruth built

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139

Every time I hear that I have goose bumps.  I would always get teary-eyed when standing for the anthem prior to a football game.  "And the home of the brave".......Then it would be ON, baby!!!!!!  Let the snot-knockin' begin!  lol

MBlaster

• Getbig II
  • MasterBlaster
In '74 I worked on a flight deck, it was a rush.