Author Topic: Prep starts today - I've reached my off-season limit  (Read 29893 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Prep starts today - I've reached my off-season limit
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2020, 10:35:50 AM »
That's decent weight at 5,6.... Especially at that age.

You must be feeling like shit?

I don’t feel great.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2020, 10:36:24 AM »
Coach, how much did you weigh in that Ironage photo?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2020, 10:39:19 AM »
Coach, how much did you weigh in that Ironage photo?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2020, 10:40:21 AM »
Love you Coach and you're a very skilled bodybuilder & trainer, but forget about all that size man. At this point in life, I think it might be wiser to concentrate on optimizing overall heart health. The bodybuilding lifestyle is addictive, so I understand how hard it can be to break the cycle of "bloat-train-steroids-build muscle-diet-contest-rinse/repeat", but as we get older, our bodies are less capable of putting up with all the physiological stress you are subjecting it to.

Lean out brother. Get down to a healthy 170-175. You will look great and your heart will thank you.

"1"

This - 250 is crazy to weigh at 50 yo just to bulk up for BB

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2020, 12:22:51 PM »
Yep I'm 6 foot and at 250 I felt like shit, shoving food in all fucking day.....

can only image 250 at 5,6 and 58 years old!

I’m 6 foot and 135lbs, I can’t even imagine weighing another 115 lbs !

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2020, 12:46:09 PM »
I’m 6 foot and 135lbs, I can’t even imagine weighing another 115 lbs !
skinny twink
p

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2020, 01:52:43 PM »
skinny twink

Oh I have no doubt that your wife is under 5’-6” and well over 250 lbs.

Is fromunda cheese a staple in your diet?

Roast Beef Pecs

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2020, 01:59:28 PM »
52 here, weighing in at 235 at 5'10". On 2 blood pressure meds and Lipitor, so I feel I can keep gaining as long as I keep in front of it with the meds. Take your meds Coach, strap on your CPAP and take it up to 280 lbs. The meds will protect you.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2020, 02:01:52 PM »
52 here, weighing in at 235 at 5'10". On 2 blood pressure meds and Lipitor, so I feel I can keep gaining as long as I keep in front of it with the meds. Take your meds Coach, strap on your CPAP and take it up to 280 lbs. The meds will protect you.
WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME............. ........................ FUCKFACE  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2020, 02:38:56 PM »
keep going and join the 300 club

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2020, 03:07:26 PM »
How’s your pec/felt injury? I remember you posted about that awhile back.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2020, 03:28:11 PM »
Classic BB is my favourite, but organizations should drop those + 4 kg,+ 6kg,.....................per category !.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2020, 04:29:54 PM »

I've been on lisinopril for quite a while now. Had to get off the statins because they were absolutely debilitating

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2020, 04:38:20 PM »
Love you Coach and you're a very skilled bodybuilder & trainer, but forget about all that size man. At this point in life, I think it might be wiser to concentrate on optimizing overall heart health. The bodybuilding lifestyle is addictive, so I understand how hard it can be to break the cycle of "bloat-train-steroids-build muscle-diet-contest-rinse/repeat", but as we get older, our bodies are less capable of putting up with all the physiological stress you are subjecting it to.

Lean out brother. Get down to a healthy 170-175. You will look great and your heart will thank you.

"1"

I completely understand and know in the back of my mind I'm too old to be this big and got carried away with knowing after the Cal I needed to put on size for the Nationals in July and then If I win whatever comes after that. Never been this big before while staying relatively lean. Like I said, I'll drop to about 235 before I start actual prep. Next year I think I'm done and will come down and stay around 190-200.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2020, 04:42:16 PM »
I completely understand and know in the back of my mind I'm too old to be this big and got carried away with knowing after the Cal I needed to put on size for the Nationals in July and then If I win whatever comes after that. Never been this big before while staying relatively lean. Like I said, I'll drop to about 235 before I start actual prep. Next year I think I'm done and will come down and stay around 190-200.

for the sake of your kid/kids you should get back to 170.Speaking as someone who lost parents young, nothing is more painful.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2020, 04:42:42 PM »

Amazing physique!

Is 38 too young to start on heart health drugs, assuming no symptoms are present?

I am pretty lucky to have no health problems yet, but pushing 40, I take nothing for granted.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2020, 04:46:17 PM »
for the sake of your kid/kids you should get back to 170.Speaking as someone who lost parents young, nothing is more painful.

I'm not sure how lean Coach can be at 58 [or how lean ANYONE can be, with age], but if he got to 170-lb in condition, he would look amazing.  That is pretty massive for his height.  There was a guy who I knew in 2001 who was 5'6" and 180-lb, and he was considered huge for a 20-year-old.  It's not like 180-lb would even be small for 5'10".  Georges St-Pierre was doing most of his best competitive work in fighting at around 185-lb, and he is 5'10.5".  He looked like a mini-bodybuilder.  As I said, I don't know how lean Coach can be at his age [i.e., does he want to take whatever is necessary to be extremely lean at his age], but 170-lb at even 15% body fat would be a solid physique for any age.  And there is no reason why he couldn't be at least that, if not in much better shape.

I didn't know that about your parents, Army of One.  That's sad.  :(

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2020, 04:50:21 PM »
I'm not sure how lean Coach can be at 58 [or how lean ANYONE can be, with age], but if he got to 170-lb in condition, he would look amazing.  That is pretty massive for his height.  There was a guy who I knew in 2001 who was 5'6" and 180-lb, and he was considered huge for a 20-year-old.  It's not like 180-lb would even be small for 5'10".  Georges St-Pierre was doing most of his best competitive work in fighting at around 185-lb, and he is 5'10.5".  He looked like a mini-bodybuilder.  As I said, I don't know how lean Coach can be at his age [i.e., does he want to take whatever is necessary to be extremely lean at his age], but 170-lb at even 15% body fat would be a solid physique for any age.  And there is no reason why he couldn't be at least that, if not in much better shape.

I didn't know that about your parents, Army of One.  That's sad.  :(

Look up Tito Raymond, he’s around 175-180 currently in lean condition, he’s around 5’6 like coach

But coach wants to be like Jose Raymond instead

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2020, 05:09:07 PM »
At 5’6 and almost 250 I think I hit my off-season limit without dying 🤔

Flame on

Crazy. I’m 7 inches taller and went up to 230-240 I felt awful weighing that much. Never again. Props for living with some edge man I’m sure you’ll end up looking jacked and shredded for the contest.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2020, 05:10:51 PM »
Look up Tito Raymond, he’s around 175-180 currently in lean condition, he’s around 5’6 like coach

But coach wants to be like Jose Raymond instead

Tito and I are the exact same height and lean as hell at the 175-180. Jose is about 5’3- 5’4 and according to Tito he’s gets to about 260 in the off-season (his current weight) obviously as great as a physique Tito has he didn’t want to take Jose’s route. My coach, Eryk Bui would go to about 225 in the off-season and compete around 205 at 5’4

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2020, 05:16:58 PM »

Add to my comments the fact that you're a smart, highly successful, family (wife + kids) man with multiple businesses. You've got your shit together in this game we call life. Everyone who knows you is fully aware that you're capable of getting into contest shape at a moment's notice and have a history of being in fantastic shape over the last 3-4 decades, because you have raw determination. You don't need whatever it is that these contests give you. You've proven to yourself and the world enough times over that you are a master at this game of bodybuilding. Now, as we (and I mean you, myself and the other 55+ members of this board) get older, what counts is maximizing our time on this earth for the sake of our family and friends. You have too much to lose my friend. Your wife and kids are all that matter in this world, the rest is just noise we use to fill our time on this planet.

Lovingly yours,

"1"

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2020, 05:22:58 PM »
Tito and I are the exact same height and lean as hell at the 175-180. Jose is about 5’3- 5’4 and according to Tito he’s gets to about 260 in the off-season (his current weight) obviously as great as a physique Tito has he didn’t want to take Jose’s route. My coach, Eryk Bui would go to about 225 in the off-season and compete around 205 at 5’4

Oh shit I remember that guy. I saw him in person is he an actual dwarf (small person) trying to be politically correct.  He looked very unusual in person.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2020, 05:48:25 PM »

Eryk is a good guy, very knowledgeable, talked to him on a few occasions in the past when he was still competing, he looked his best at the night of champions I believe, or maybe San Francisco pro back in 2005. His best was around 190’s on stage. I can’t imagine being 225 or more at 5’4

He still seems to be in great shape nowadays, def moved on from competing. How’s he doing?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2020, 05:51:19 PM »
When coach decides to try 280

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2020, 05:52:14 PM »
Crazy. I’m 7 inches taller and went up to 230-240 I felt awful weighing that much. Never again. Props for living with some edge man I’m sure you’ll end up looking jacked and shredded for the contest.

I’m 6’2 and that’s the most I’ve been up to in weight, and I didn’t feel too comfortable. I’m around 215, 220 max, good shape, prob around 10/11 percent bf and clean