Author Topic: Prep starts today - I've reached my off-season limit  (Read 29891 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Prep starts today - I've reached my off-season limit
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2020, 11:19:48 AM »
You are almost 60, 5’6 235 pounds and saying you are thinking about doubling your dosage just so you can gain a “few” extra lean pounds. Does that sound logical, smart??

What’s wrong with being 200? Or 190? Even 175? Just enjoy life? Why keep chasing at your age?

I get it, it’s bbing......

It may not be what you think is smart 🙄 - I would hazard a guess that they’re maybe things you do in your life That I wouldn’t consider Smart.
Yes I’m 59 - Lean & Healthy as far as I know - Yes I could drop dead tomorrow & So could you.
I have goals I’d like to achieve & work towards - do you not ?
Whatever I do it isn’t hurting you is it - and I don’t need or want your concern - Thanks.
What if i’m Using 250mg of Test a week & thinking of going to 500mg yep that sure is reckless.🙄
I Drive a lot of miles each year & my job puts me in physical danger - Personally I’d say both are far more
Potentially hazardous to Me than taking extra PED’s.

Weather I’m 220 / 240 / 170 / I’d do my Best to enjoy my life everyday
Please explain what My Body weight has to do with my enjoyment of Life.

Would you be Happier 25/50/75lb lighter or Heavier. ??

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2020, 11:23:19 AM »
yes, why not just sit on the sofa watching TV,,, why waste his life...

What is this correlation with body weight & enjoying life -
If your heavier We can’t Enjoy Life 🙄

😂🤣😂

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2020, 11:29:09 AM »
Incredible as it may sound, some people enjoy life by setting goals and striving to achieve them. When you have a drive, a desire, to do something, to accomplish something that's meaningful to you, it's not about logic or reason. It has to do with this ineffable quality that some men have that makes them different from animals. It's their spirit. Their soul.

There is more to life than just existing as long as you can just seeking pleasure and comfort.

I have done some completely Reckless & Daft things in life Sometimes deliberately & sometimes not.
Maybe people don’t agree with what I’ve done or want to do. I can except that.
As far as taking a higher amount of PEDs I’m undecided as I’m contemplating competing again
Though I’ve other things in my life to sort & address 1st.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2020, 11:31:47 AM »
big year this year hopefully, just a few things to get past and then Im going for a coupl big shows later in the year, agreed, the clock is ticking but I think things are falling into place, the age limits have been changed to over 55, I turn 55 in July so its a big advantage for me..

I hope things fall in place for you & you do compete & achieve good success.
As we’ve spoke about before I do believe with a few changes you can do Very very Well
Competing- all the best - hope we can catch up soon. 👍🏻

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2020, 11:32:31 AM »
Not going to rag on you about this. You seem to have been successful in the past. One would hope that you know what you are doing or better yet, what you need to do. One note, you don't look happy in the photo.

Doing battle isn’t always happy.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2020, 11:48:45 AM »

😂🤣😂

the point was about criticism of people taking gear when they got older and that they should somehow be taking the foot off the gas and settling down, people should do what makes them happy, I might be knocking a few years off my life but Im going to go out my way, and the years I might knock off are the fucking worst ones...

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2020, 12:05:06 PM »
the point was about criticism of people taking gear when they got older and that they should somehow be taking the foot off the gas and settling down, people should do what makes them happy, I might be knocking a few years off my life but Im going to go out my way, and the years I might knock off are the fucking worst ones...
Wow ... well said!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2020, 12:23:50 PM »

Yes I get that - Only my point is there are a whole host of potentially much worse things to be doing
And I don’t really see Muscular body weight as That Big a Risk Factor. Clearly I could be Very Wrong.
Sure I’d like to continue life for a good few more years & Hopefully Decent Quality years.
As you say the fact is getting very old there isn’t much in improvement of quality of life.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2020, 12:27:22 PM »
Yes I get that - Only my point is there are a whole host of potentially much worse things to be doing
And I don’t really see Muscular body weight as That Big a Risk Factor. Clearly I could be Very Wrong.
Sure I’d like to continue life for a good few more years & Hopefully Decent Quality years.
As you say the fact is getting very old there isn’t much in improvement of quality of life.

agreed, I dont drink and dont smoke, which I think are probably the worst things you can do if you want to live a long time

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2020, 12:34:55 PM »
I see what you’re saying but damn, you’re trying to compare me now to almost 37 years ago. When I started dieting for the Cal last May my beginning weight at prep was 213 and weighed in on the Friday before the show at about 193-4. When I stepped on stage after loading I was 202. Night show I was 207. I actually grew into my prep nicely.

I was going to do the Nationals (Masters) after the Cal in July but felt I needed more size with better conditioning to compete at that level. I took the year off to prepare for this coming July (Nationals). It’s been almost 71/2 months of training, eating and generally staying on task (yes, including Doctors check ups) and staying focused. The last time my BF was measured I was 238 at 12.8%. Since I posted this I’ve dropped 6lbs. BP was a bit elevated but it’s under control now.

The hiccups were caused because my digestive system was screwed up from all the food and constipated. Obviously at my age my digestive system can’t handle that much food. By the time another meal time came around, my previous meal wasn’t digested yet (for info on my diet see the “what did you eat yesterday” thread. My diet (before last week) was about 80/20 clean to dirty.

Cardiovascular systems checks out with the scans I had a few months ago with no blockage whatsoever. BP is taken 2-3x per day

Didn't  you already have a stroke or something like that recently

BTW - as you know I fully support your right (and everyone's right) to CHOOSE what they want to do with their body

Glad to see that you and I can at least agree on Freedom of Choice for you and everyone else

BTW - Isn't Lee Labrada about the same height as you?  

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2020, 12:54:51 PM »

People should be allowed to do what they want with their own bodies. Applies to abortion too.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2020, 12:59:33 PM »
A lot of people trying to tell other people what to do with their life in this thread.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2020, 01:06:47 PM »
A lot of people trying to tell other people what to do with their life in this thread.

Should they not do that?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2020, 02:01:43 PM »
Most guys posting here who have never competed will never understand why guys like Joe,illuminati,or joswift and others continue to train to compete.

Just keeping it real .............not a knock on guys who`ve never done a contest,but competing can be a source of drive and always allows you to get in top condition...........a feat that is rarely done by just working out a few days a week.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2020, 11:30:02 PM »
Didn't  you already have a stroke or something like that recently

BTW - as you know I fully support your right (and everyone's right) to CHOOSE what they want to do with their body

Glad to see that you and I can at least agree on Freedom of Choice for you and everyone else

BTW - Isn't Lee Labrada about the same height as you?  

Had a TIA
about a year and half ago. Nothing since

Lee LaBrada is about 2” shorter than me

As far as the right to choose what I do with my body? There isn’t another life involved.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2020, 04:04:10 AM »
It may not be what you think is smart 🙄 - I would hazard a guess that they’re maybe things you do in your life That I wouldn’t consider Smart.
Yes I’m 59 - Lean & Healthy as far as I know - Yes I could drop dead tomorrow & So could you.
I have goals I’d like to achieve & work towards - do you not ?
Whatever I do it isn’t hurting you is it - and I don’t need or want your concern - Thanks.
What if i’m Using 250mg of Test a week & thinking of going to 500mg yep that sure is reckless.🙄
I Drive a lot of miles each year & my job puts me in physical danger - Personally I’d say both are far more
Potentially hazardous to Me than taking extra PED’s.

Weather I’m 220 / 240 / 170 / I’d do my Best to enjoy my life everyday
Please explain what My Body weight has to do with my enjoyment of Life.

Would you be Happier 25/50/75lb lighter or Heavier. ??

Everyone is always going to justify what they do in their lives

Bottom line is as I get older, common sense comes in to think family first, me, second

Sounds like a bunch of you are chasing a dream still, a void that’s not filled in your personal lives

I fear for your health

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2020, 04:05:32 AM »
yes, why not just sit on the sofa watching TV,,, why waste his life...

No, but he could be taking the Tito Raymond route or like most “older” bbers like Dorian, Lee Haney route

::)

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2020, 04:08:24 AM »
Incredible as it may sound, some people enjoy life by setting goals and striving to achieve them. When you have a drive, a desire, to do something, to accomplish something that's meaningful to you, it's not about logic or reason. It has to do with this ineffable quality that some men have that makes them different from animals. It's their spirit. Their soul.

There is more to life than just existing as long as you can just seeking pleasure and comfort.

Yes, tell that to Dorian, Lee lebrada, Lee haney, etc...

They are all successful, in shape, and not chasing a dream to keep getting bigger as they age

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2020, 04:28:48 AM »
Everyone is always going to justify what they do in their lives

Bottom line is as I get older, common sense comes in to think family first, me, second

Sounds like a bunch of you are chasing a dream still, a void that’s not filled in your personal lives

I fear for your health

You’ve managed to avoid the questions - And you asked the questions of Me.
You very clearly Dug yourself into a hole & aren’t able to get out of it.

Sounds like you are vacuous & bitter & No common sense in answering
I most certainly don’t fear for your health - possibly your mental state.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2020, 04:31:47 AM »
Yes, tell that to Dorian, Lee lebrada, Lee haney, etc...

They are all successful, in shape, and not chasing a dream to keep getting bigger as they age

Nope they may not be chasing that goal - likey they maybe chasing other goals & dreams.

With your logic - only the goals & dreams you approve of are acceptable 🙄🙄

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2020, 04:59:06 AM »

Yep^... If someone wants to juice up and compete in their 50's or whatever that's their choice.

We all know it is very unhealthy pushing hard at that age, but if that's what it takes for someone to have some purpose then that's what it takes.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2020, 05:01:16 AM »

😂🤣😂

This woman looks happy.

Another happy heavy lady.  Has 20-inch arms too.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2020, 05:04:59 AM »
Yep^... If someone wants to juice up and compete in their 50's or whatever that's their choice.

We all know it is very unhealthy pushing hard at that age, but if that's what it takes for someone to have some purpose then that's what it takes.

Agree can’t knock someone for finding their purpose by addressing unfinished business through the iron.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2020, 05:43:50 AM »

Really, how many people have you known who have died through competitive bodybuilding in their 50s and beyond?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2020, 05:45:21 AM »