Author Topic: Flex Magazine - stopping publication - last issue will be April 2018  (Read 18339 times)

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Has anyone read/seen the April 2018 (last ever) issue of FLEX
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2018, 02:30:07 PM »
I picked up one today, for purely nostalgic/memorabilia reasons. It has been many years since I actually bought a magazine.
Back in the day, magazines used to be the only way to know what was going on in our little world.
Roelly is on the cover. Fitting, considering his recent impressive win in Australia.

I have to say, the relative (to 10 years ago) thinness and lack of content was foreboding.
I haven't read any articles yet, so i will reserve judgement on quality.

MD is now the winner of the magazine wars. They will probably fold soon too.
Ironically MD was even thinner than Flex.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Has anyone read/seen the April 2018 (last ever) issue of FLEX
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2018, 03:10:47 PM »
The internet didn't kill bb mags. The readers realizing what the postman and checkout cashier were thinking of you buying it did...haha.

Last mag I had a sub to was MM2K and dropped that when Bill started putting his brother on every cover...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
mags are dead but.
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2018, 11:41:48 AM »
vintage mags on ebay are alive and well.the pic'd mags just sold for  $55.88 and 6 bucks shipping...original price for all three less than 2 dollars :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
F

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: mags are dead but.
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2018, 11:45:31 AM »
vintage mags on ebay are alive and well.the pic'd mags just sold for  $55.88 and 6 bucks shipping...original price for all three less than 2 dollars :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
ALL MAGS LIKE THAT ARE FOR CLOSET FAGS..... Be honest how many articles about big arm training can one person read there all the same shit written in a different format..
p

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2018, 11:57:13 AM »
Joe muff hahahah

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2018, 11:59:42 AM »
How muff hahahah
Did you place you're order pal   ;D 

psssssssst back page you can get xray glasses and used posing trunks  :-X
p

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2018, 12:01:44 PM »
Did you place you're order pal   ;D  

psssssssst back page you can get xray glasses and used posing trunks  :-X

Yeah but who’s used trunks?cant be random used trunks here.

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2018, 12:06:16 PM »
Yeah but who’s used trunks?cant be random used trunks here.
Only the best for you my friend can I interest you in a fine vintage 1959 steve reeves or a 1948 reg park.. ;D
p

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2018, 12:36:12 PM »
Old mags are good for those who care about the history of the iron game, Powerlifting, weightlifting, bodybuilding, the equipment, contests, etc.
Fags must like them too I'm sure,but real trainers and those who care about more than "pumping/posing and abs" can find some great info in them.

People who dont care for the BB pics and or history wont like them (like Dan)...

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2018, 12:47:43 PM »
Old mags are good for those who care about the history of the iron game, Powerlifting, weightlifting, bodybuilding, the equipment, contests, etc.
Fags must like them too I'm sure,but real trainers and those who care about more than "pumping/posing and abs" can find some great info in them.

People who dont care for the BB pics and or history wont like them (like Dan)...
You sound like a broad so just stop it already, I will say yes the older ones are kinda cool because it was simple 1 2 3 training not like today its full of complete bullshit...big bloated idiots talking about training tips holding a bottle of whey protein
p

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2018, 01:49:13 PM »

Don't forgot about the 50 years of storage and maintaining their pristine condition. 

If you spent 2 dollars on bitcoins 8 years ago you'd be rich today. :/

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2018, 04:07:35 PM »

Just think if the new owner takes a straight razor and scrapes off the many decades worth of billions of old dry sperm the original owner left between those pages the total weight of those magazines would drop by half
"

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2018, 04:13:38 PM »

People back then had heart and trained hard. It was for the few...

Now everything goofball walking around claims to work out.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2018, 05:26:06 PM »

Don't forget to add that the youngest issue there is well over 40 years of age

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2018, 05:28:08 PM »
ALL MAGS LIKE THAT ARE FOR CLOSET FAGS..... Be honest how many articles about big arm training can one person read there all the same shit written in a different format..

Don't be silly, closet fags have access to those pics online for free, and better quality   ....the collectible/nostalgia  aspect is what keeps this mags at a rather valuable price .

WoSH  TA NA KA

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2018, 05:29:27 PM »
Don't forgot about the 50 years of storage and maintaining their pristine condition. 

If you spent 2 dollars on bitcoins 8 years ago you'd be rich today. :/

Beat me to it .

WooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2018, 06:45:02 AM »
you don't get articles like this anymore in today's mags. everything is so generic... no more profiles on people because frankly today's bbing stars are rather boring and dull...no personalities at all. no arnolds, chet yortons,bruce randalls,reeves, parks, babe stansbury, grimeks..even ferrigno
F

BBFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2018, 10:56:40 AM »
Mags are dead but the DAVE PALUMBO EXPERIENCE app is live and thriving providing you with "the next wave of education and the truth in bodybuilding" for only $29.99 a month.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2018, 01:34:34 PM »
What u selling funk? I’m always interested in stuff like that

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2018, 03:58:28 PM »
What u selling funk? I’m always interested in stuff like that
                                          not mine although i have 2 out of the three pic'd.... i'm still hanging onto my mags and books.  below when mags were mags... and guys new how to do a side chest pose. ;D ;D ;D ;D
F

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2018, 05:57:03 AM »
                                          not mine although i have 2 out of the three pic'd.... i'm still hanging onto my mags and books.  below when mags were mags... and guys new how to do a side chest pose. ;D ;D ;D ;D
gotcha! Someone has got to make magazines great again!  🤣🤣🤣

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Flex Magazine - stopping publication - last issue will be April 2018
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2018, 10:07:17 PM »

Still have over 2,000 Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazines, 60+ various publications, and will keep them for a while in storage...

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2018, 11:54:30 PM »

The only used bookstores I have ever seen carrying a large variety of old, used and back issues bodybuilding and fitness mags were all in the "village" of any city.

No idea why

Noticed that one day years ago walking up yonge street, once I got between bloor and wellesly it was tons of old muscle mags and fitness mags for sale at any vintage bookstores(ad the magazine racks were always by the front window
"

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Has anyone read/seen the April 2018 (last ever) issue of FLEX
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2018, 12:38:35 PM »
The internet didn't kill bb mags. The readers realizing what the postman and checkout cashier were thinking of you buying it did...haha.

Last mag I had a sub to was MM2K and dropped that when Bill started putting his brother on every cover...

that didn't kill the magazine and i didn't think it was embarrassing at all, it was embarrassing to buy playboy or penthouse because they know exactly why you are buying it

E
E

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
Re: Flex Magazine - stopping publication - last issue will be April 2018
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2018, 07:04:54 PM »
The only way to sell magazines in the bodybuilding industry is to capitalize on the most fucked up parts of it, ie: the adult industry aspect of it & straight up steroid talk.