Author Topic: mcnabb is a dope...  (Read 1382 times)

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
mcnabb is a dope...
« on: August 02, 2007, 12:29:46 PM »
McNabb: 'I'm a supporter of Vick'
Posted: Thursday August 02, 2007 07:46AM ET
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb said he remains supportive of Michael Vick, even with the Atlanta Falcons quarterback scheduled to go on trial in November on federal dogfighting charges."I'm a supporter of Vick," McNabb said Tuesday at Lehigh University. "That's because I'm a good friend of his and also we're guys that obviously compete to win the Super Bowl. We push each other. Now, I don't know exactly what happened in that situation, and I think for all of us that have read over the stuff that was over the Internet, the report, you look at it as kind of like, 'Wow, you've got your so-called friends and family members turning their back on you now to make their situation better.' They're throwing you under the bus so that they can clean their name. That's unfortunate. That goes to show, I always have a saying that I've always lived by: If you can't trust family, who can you trust? It's an unfortunate situation, and I just hope everything works out well for him where he can get back out on the field."
footloose and fancy free

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: mcnabb is a dope...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 12:33:53 PM »
McNabb: 'I'm a supporter of Vick'
Posted: Thursday August 02, 2007 07:46AM ET
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb said he remains supportive of Michael Vick, even with the Atlanta Falcons quarterback scheduled to go on trial in November on federal dogfighting charges."I'm a supporter of Vick," McNabb said Tuesday at Lehigh University. "That's because I'm a good friend of his and also we're guys that obviously compete to win the Super Bowl. We push each other. Now, I don't know exactly what happened in that situation, and I think for all of us that have read over the stuff that was over the Internet, the report, you look at it as kind of like, 'Wow, you've got your so-called friends and family members turning their back on you now to make their situation better.' They're throwing you under the bus so that they can clean their name. That's unfortunate. That goes to show, I always have a saying that I've always lived by: If you can't trust family, who can you trust? It's an unfortunate situation, and I just hope everything works out well for him where he can get back out on the field."

What makes him such a dope here?

His friend is on the verge of losing nearly everything and he's showing support of him.  That's what friends do.  His comments aren't about whether or not Vick is guilty or innocent.   They are about being their and showing support for a friend.   

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 12:48:34 PM »
he's a dope for coming out and saying what he said..it's not what he said..it's that he said it. everything he says is magnified in the media outlets...he'll take heat--then back peddle...he's a dope..end of story--it's like his crying little fit his family had about garcia leading the eagles to the playoffs and how no one cared about poor donovan.  please..some guys need to learn to shut up.
footloose and fancy free

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 02:23:41 PM »
I don't condone what Vick did at all, but the reaction has gotten a little carried away (e.g., Senator Byrd saying Vick should be executed).  Here is part of what Jim Mora Jr. has to say--after saying he doesn't condone what Vick is accused of doing:

``He plays in a flamboyant manner. But he's not a flamboyant person,'' Mora said of the 27-year-old Vick. ``He doesn't dress flamboyantly. He doesn't hit all the night spots. He isn't out on the town. He's kind of a quiet, reserved kid.

``But I can just tell you this: He always carried himself in a very professional manner when he was around the Atlanta Falcons.''

``Just like Dan Reeves (Atlanta's coach from 1997-2003) said, I never saw that side of him. What I saw was a real professional. A kid who cared about his teammates, who cared about people in general, who was a hard worker, who was always there and always on time.

``And once again, he is accused of things. He hasn't been convicted. I didn't ever seen anything that indicated that side of him.''

http://www.newsday.com/search/dp-now-vickmora,0,7151373.story

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 02:56:16 PM »
he's a dope for coming out and saying what he said..it's not what he said..it's that he said it. everything he says is magnified in the media outlets...he'll take heat--then back peddle...he's a dope..end of story--it's like his crying little fit his family had about garcia leading the eagles to the playoffs and how no one cared about poor donovan.  please..some guys need to learn to shut up.

Ok ,so he's a media whore.  i understand why you are saying he's a dope now.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 04:41:44 AM »
Ok ,so he's a media whore.  i understand why you are saying he's a dope now.

exactly...he is so stupid when it comes to stuff like this...this is a time bomb of a issue--stay as far away as you can get from it..
footloose and fancy free

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 04:47:42 AM »
Emmit Smith and Deion Sanders were sticking up for him as well, but ESPN(Smith) and the NFL network(Sanders) made them leave the topic alone. I think all high profile people should just leave this thing alone tbh, why get dragged into his mess.
E

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 05:01:40 AM »
deion is on the nfl network... >:(

wtf..i guess i'll be turning the volume down when he's on...i did that with cbs now this channel..maybe he'll suck so bad the nfl network will dump him...then it's only two networks left before we don't have to see the master of soul glo anymore...
footloose and fancy free

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 06:15:36 AM »
You can be supportive of the person without condoing what they are doing wrong. At least the last time I understood what compassion was all about. I have had friends commit grevous errors and I still consider them friends because of who they are and how they are with me even if I am the first one to tell them what they did was wrong. Everybody is to quick to bury people today without all the information. Sometimes people make mistakes or commit evil and can have remorse or admit guilt and ask for forgivness the world IMHO is full of grey area and not so black and white.

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 06:57:17 PM »
McNabb is my hero
I Bleed PhillyEagle