Author Topic: Steve Michaluk  (Read 18850 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Steve Michaluk
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2006, 11:33:55 AM »
I also trained at Steve's gym,, Mr. america's.  Steve also had a very small waist for a man his size. It was around 27 inches.  His arms we're much larger than 18 inches.  It was cool training there when the Night Of The Champions contest drew closer I remember Albert Beckles and several other guys coming in. Steve also trained Bev Francis.    No Bullshit  you would sign you're name in a book when you came in and the pen would be a syringe.   
Was it really all red and black? from what i read in that link at the beginning of this thread his gym really sounded like a dungeon.
bodybuildersreality.com

gary6768

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »
Yes it was red and black but it wasn't like a dungeon.  Allot of the equipment was homemade to Steve's specs. He was insane no question about it.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2006, 05:49:27 PM »
Yes it was red and black but it wasn't like a dungeon.  Allot of the equipment was homemade to Steve's specs. He was insane no question about it.
thats very cool. I don't usually buy "FLEX" magazine but i did the other day and there is page about Steve and his gym as well. I think a Shawn Peranine wrote it (not sure how to spell his name) but it seems Steve and his Gym impacted alot of people.
bodybuildersreality.com

gary6768

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2006, 06:47:31 AM »
No B.S. there would be at least 30 syringes in the bathroom wastebasket.  One time this gay guy tried hitting on one of Steve's training partner's while the guy was in the shower they hid his clothes and when he came out they threw him out of the gym into the back alley.  This was during the winter.    Another time this little 12 year old kid was caught taking the little valve covers where you put the air into the tires off of Steve's Corvette.  A gym member caught the kid and brought him into Steve.  Steve was really cool about it he was going on and on to the kid about how America is a great country and you can be whatever you want to be etc. etc.  Steve must have lectured the kid for about 15 minutes.   Looking back it was pretty funny the kid must have been scared shit.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2006, 10:37:33 AM »
No B.S. there would be at least 30 syringes in the bathroom wastebasket.  One time this gay guy tried hitting on one of Steve's training partner's while the guy was in the shower they hid his clothes and when he came out they threw him out of the gym into the back alley.  This was during the winter.    Another time this little 12 year old kid was caught taking the little valve covers where you put the air into the tires off of Steve's Corvette.  A gym member caught the kid and brought him into Steve.  Steve was really cool about it he was going on and on to the kid about how America is a great country and you can be whatever you want to be etc. etc.  Steve must have lectured the kid for about 15 minutes.   Looking back it was pretty funny the kid must have been scared shit.
:o wow! you don't hear cool stories like that anymore. thats pretty funny. gyms are too "family oriented" now. they cateor to older women and fitness. its sad.
bodybuildersreality.com

gary6768

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2006, 04:06:44 PM »
Steve would do these insane workouts.  50 sets for biceps, 75 sets for chest, very high volume but he also pushed a decent amount of weight.  No way in hell could anyone do this type of training unless you we're on massive amounts of juice.   

One time I was watching him train and he bent over to pick up a set of dumpbells and his nose  started bleeding just like that.  I guess that was a side effect of the juice.   I over heard one guy telling a gym buddy how when he got up in the morning his nose was bleeding and their was blood all over his pillow.   Crazy shit you would think they would stop but they didn't.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2006, 06:38:03 PM »
 :o :o holy fuck!
bodybuildersreality.com

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2006, 12:11:16 PM »

Tell us the story of how Steve got ran over by the garbage truck.
The House that Ruth built

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2006, 05:23:04 PM »
Tell us the story of how Steve got ran over by the garbage truck.
:o
bodybuildersreality.com

gary6768

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2006, 06:34:12 PM »
I started woring out at Mr. America's in about 1982-1983.  I heard several versions of the garbage truck incident. One I heard he did get run over and was very badly hurt.  When I asked Pauly his brother if he received allot of money in a lawsuit because of his injuries he was very vaugue.

Another version I heard was he was in fact very badly injured. Steve was a very violent man at times and he was married to Toni a small petite Italion woman.  He also had a little squeeze on the side.  In this other version I heard that because of his physical violence toward Toni,  her family which was connected had a couple of goodfellas really do a number on Steve.   

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2006, 07:04:33 PM »
Gary, do you know both Tommy's, Tomasina's nephews?  A tractor trailer did actually hit Steve's car and he busted his back...was not even walking for a while then came back to compete.   

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2006, 08:40:14 PM »
has he talked about any of this in a book or interview? I havn't found anything.
bodybuildersreality.com

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2006, 12:32:10 AM »
One time I was watching him train and he bent over to pick up a set of dumpbells and his nose  started bleeding just like that.  I guess that was a side effect of the juice.   I over heard one guy telling a gym buddy how when he got up in the morning his nose was bleeding and their was blood all over his pillow.   Crazy shit you would think they would stop but they didn't.
sounds like a problem with snort, not juice.
two thumbs WAY up!!!

gary6768

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2006, 04:50:55 AM »
Gary, do you know both Tommy's, Tomasina's nephews?  A tractor trailer did actually hit Steve's car and he busted his back...was not even walking for a while then came back to compete.   
No I don't know any nephews. I know his back was busted but Paulie was vague then I heard the other version.  Do you know that Paulie died???  remember the girl Steve tried setting up Paulie with then Steve started hanging out with her???  Steve was by far not bi or gay so if anyone knew him they would come to this conclusion right away. 

gary6768

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2006, 05:01:31 AM »
sounds like a problem with snort, not juice.
I really don't think so. Some  guys at Mr. America's we're on a tremendous amount of stuff. They just didn't take a cycle of something.  Steve would use some of his training partners as lab rats to see what drugs worked and what didn't.  Some guys we're just kids 16, 17,18 years old.  Very impressionable and under Steve they would be on the sauce.  I guess in that regard Steve was an ass.  I think the selling of steriods made Mr. America's Gym a good deal of money in the day.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2006, 06:27:30 PM »
Steve would do these insane workouts.  50 sets for biceps, 75 sets for chest, very high volume but he also pushed a decent amount of weight.  No way in hell could anyone do this type of training unless you we're on massive amounts of juice.   

One time I was watching him train and he bent over to pick up a set of dumpbells and his nose  started bleeding just like that.

Quite obviously he was mentally disturbed; there are too many reliable sources of these stories. All those extra sets added very little IMO, proved only that he was a maniac.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2006, 07:58:25 PM »
Gary,  yeah I knew Paulie had passed away.  Real good guy to me and I liked him alot.  Are you refering to Eileen?  If so I know her well, she's married and has two kids.  Steve trained me for my third show at 16 years old.  Julie Levine took a look at me and thought he had me on thyroid because I had striated quads and was so lean...that was just Steve's diet and training, though. 

kkcfoto

• Getbig I
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2007, 08:02:35 AM »
Stevie's gym was red, white and blue to coordiate with the Mr. Amerca's theme.  Michalik is the correct spelling.

kkcfoto

• Getbig I
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2007, 08:06:40 AM »
The doctor’s drugs were so powerful, “you felt them immediately in your muscles,” Michalik recalled.

And then there were their sexual side effects, including almost constant erections. “One of my friends, a former Mr. America, used to get so horny on tour that he’d f**k the Coke machine in his hotel,” Michalik said. “Swear to God, he’d stick his dick right in the change slot and bang it for all he was worth.”

Actually "it" was stuck in the part where the ice fell on top of "it".  I could never ask for ice after the above mentioned incident at a hotel.
 ::)