Author Topic: Bodybuilding regrets?  (Read 19661 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Bodybuilding regrets?
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 07:50:33 AM »
maybe you did listen but you seem to have remembered his balls more than his brains

newsflash - I was JOKING. ::)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 07:52:41 AM »
thats pretty neat but does it surpress natural levels? just curious

It might, but I believe it's meant to sustain ideal test levels in older males.
They have to be fairly low already to get a prescription.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 07:53:25 AM »
you looked great when u competed,how bad are u shirtless'no homo'now,,do u take pics/train at all??

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 08:00:07 AM »
Regret not doing more shows in the mid 80's. Also was in real good shape 99-2000 should have done the Southern States back then.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 08:00:46 AM »
Regret not doing more shows in the mid 80's. Also was in real good shape 99-2000 should have done the Southern States back then.
hear ya...

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 08:08:07 AM »
why in particular do you regret not doing more shows ?

i would rather do nice photoshoots for when i'm old so i can post the picturees over and over like basile

::)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 08:11:08 AM »
why in particular do you regret not doing more shows ?

i would rather do nice photoshoots for when i'm old so i can post the picturees over and over like basile

::)
its fun getting up there,that little moment in time,your family and such cheering you on.and especially when you hit top condition/shape u push your body through..trophy sits/gets dusty so be it,,,its the moment..

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 08:15:02 AM »
its fun getting up there,that little moment in time,your family and such cheering you on.and especially when you hit top condition/shape u push your body through..trophy sits/gets dusty so be it,,,its the moment..
Absolutely, Have to experience it to understand it. Loved being on stage, hated the dieting.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 08:16:34 AM »
your family actually supports this drug fueled thong habbit ?

dont get me wrong i'm not knocking it, just calling it what it is

:D

i took family to a gym fundraising event once and suddenly it becomes clear to me that the champ is going to do a "guest posing"

my family cant shut up about his small package, "all drugs"  etc really loud i cringe the whole way thru

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 08:18:12 AM »
your family actually supports this drug fueled thong habbit ?

dont get me wrong i'm not knocking it, just calling it what it is

:D

i took family to a gym fundraising event once and suddenly it becomes clear to me that the champ is going to do a "guest posing"

my family cant shut up about his small package, "all drugs"  etc really loud i cringe the whole way thru

do you want to compete or just get the girlz??

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2014, 08:19:33 AM »
Not using gh and steroids after I fucked up my shoulder. I should have tried to pharma rehab it instead of just throwing in the towel.
A

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 08:20:58 AM »
do you want to compete or just get the girlz??
i just want to get the girls of course

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 08:28:17 AM »

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 08:32:05 AM »
Sucking off an elderly jewish man for money to buy HMB.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 08:33:37 AM »
Good point, but rarely does anyone get inured when using strict form.
Plus, a "little fat" isn't the same as getting fat and chunky like me and many others.

I agree about going too far.  Moderation in all things etc.  What I'd like to get across is my belief that we have a baseline physique that results from genetics & lifestyle, and we'll tend toward that unless making an effort in another direction.  

In my case, I come from skinny people (lived skinny, died skinny) and I'm running around all day doing physical work.  Maybe I'm going to die of a heart attack or something.  I should, technically.  I eat anything.  I drink anything.  "Oh, you'll get a spare tire on ya eating like that by the time you're 30/35/40."  Do I hear 45?  Bring it on.  It never happens.  In b4 cry me a river.  It sucks being on a plateau where you have to chug blended boiled potatoes & egg whites (w/cocoa powder, of course) if you expect to get an extra rep this time next week.  This is bullcrap.

I don't mean I wish I'd gone the way of the 'I see dead people' kid.  I wish I'd been bolder seasonally tho.  It's ok to fatten up in the fall.  It's ok to diet some in the spring for the summer (if that's your thing).  If you can't gain or can't lose then you overshot or weren't compensating sufficiently for your genetics and lifestyle.

Mostly, I should have set a goal to reach 200lbs, blubber or no.  Have some goddamn presence.  Not in 2 weeks or some shit.  But a steady climb of 10lbs a year or something that I just didn't do.  Enough with the faggoty Richard Simmons 'I'm the best version of myself I can be' shit.  I should have fought my genetics better.  Been better prepared with easily consumed calories (blended) to thwart my fucked up thermostat that thinks it's full or that doesn't click in when working.

Like most guys, I should have identified my needs more accurately and addressed them with greater diligence.  Well maybe I'll just go ahead and fucking do that.  How do you like them apples.

/skinny man's burden

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2014, 08:33:41 AM »
Reading this

I will regret to my grave

Cemetery of white towel

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2014, 08:34:25 AM »
you looked great when u competed,how bad are u shirtless'no homo'now,,do u take pics/train at all??

Thanks .
I look big, wide and thick in clothes now, but I'm pretty chunky and fat by bodybuilding standards .
I'm around 255 lbs now and need to drop a good 50 lbs to look lean enough for a contest.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2014, 08:35:19 AM »
i just want to get the girls of course
You are disgrace to the Bodybuilding community!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AM »
You are disgrace to the Bodybuilding community!
rich piana says lifting for the girls is much better than for a plastic trophy

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2014, 08:40:29 AM »
I agree about going too far.  Moderation in all things etc.  What I'd like to get across is my belief that we have a baseline physique that results from genetics & lifestyle, and we'll tend toward that unless making an effort in another direction.  

In my case, I come from skinny people (lived skinny, died skinny) and I'm running around all day doing physical work.  Maybe I'm going to die of a heart attack or something.  I should, technically.  I eat anything.  I drink anything.  "Oh, you'll get a spare tire on ya eating like that by the time you're 30/35/40."  Do I hear 45?  Bring it on.  It never happens.  In b4 cry me a river.  It sucks being on a plateau where you have to chug blended boiled potatoes & egg whites (w/cocoa powder, of course) if you expect to get an extra rep this time next week.  This is bullcrap.

I don't mean I wish I'd gone the way of the 'I see dead people' kid.  I wish I'd been bolder seasonally tho.  It's ok to fatten up in the fall.  It's ok to diet some in the spring for the summer (if that's your thing).  If you can't gain or can't lose then you overshot or weren't compensating sufficiently for your genetics and lifestyle.

Mostly, I should have set a goal to reach 200lbs, blubber or no.  Have some goddamn presence.  Not in 2 weeks or some shit.  But a steady climb of 10lbs a year or something that I just didn't do.  Enough with the faggoty Richard Simmons 'I'm the best version of myself I can be' shit.  I should have fought my genetics better.  Been better prepared with easily consumed calories (blended) to thwart my fucked up thermostat that thinks it's full or that doesn't click in when working.

Like most guys, I should have identified my needs more accurately and addressed them with greater diligence.  Well maybe I'll just go ahead and fucking do that.  How do you like them apples.

/skinny man's burden

Great post! Perhaps, you will opt to say "fuk it" and still go for it now , like I am.
Ok, so we're older and past our prime. We may get the same final results from years past, but we can still get some change and personal satisfaction.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 08:42:46 AM »
Who's past whose prime?  ???  You're good egg but I find you hard to follow sometimes, bro.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2014, 08:43:05 AM »
x2

I competed then, but I wish I had gone to more pro shows during the 90's. I missed a bunch of good bodybuilding and expo experiences.

Anyone else wish they went to more pro events?
Never been to an Olympia or Arnold, wish I went to it least 1 of each.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2014, 08:45:22 AM »
I can relate!

I was in the my best shape in the mid 90's and wanted to go to the ( drug tested) early team universe shows.
I talked myself out of going because it wasn't "convenient" to travel  to do a show.
I don't think I would have gotten first, but I might have placed?

What stopped you?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2014, 08:46:23 AM »
I regret spending excessive money on supplements (over the years).

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2014, 09:08:22 AM »
exactly.
It's not the plastic trophy, it's the experience you remember.