Author Topic: What would it take....  (Read 3369 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: What would it take....
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2006, 06:54:39 AM »
yep, i do agree a heavy bag should be heavy, but don't get caught up on smashing the thing as hard as you can.

apply proper technique and once you have that down emphasize speed, but technique is essential.

turn your hands over correctly when you punch EVERY TIME. always practise perfect because IF you ever do fight the most important weapon you will have will be technique. basically, in a fight if you find yourself thinking HOW you are going to land a punch, you have probably already been hit or taken down.

it must become fluid and instinctive. don't rely on one punch or kick because you more than likely won't land it especially in your first fight. throw quick combinations with pop and put a little more sting on the last 1 or 2. don't get caught up with power, believe me.

technique and speed should constitute the bulk of your training and technique comes first. speed without technique is crap and your opponent will just walk through it. load one punch up and a decent fighter will see it from next week and that is the last thing you want. it will give your opponent the exact opportunity to set up his plan and win the fight.

seriously, i could be here for hours talking technique, combos, etc, but if you haven't got a trainer or sparring you're going to be pushing shit uphill.

i will say this. whatever you 'practise' in the gym you WILL forget in your first fight so practise simple moves (basics) over and over until you can do them (perfectly) in your sleep. they must become practically instinctive so you don't have to even think about them come fight night.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2006, 07:28:30 AM »
we are obviously talking about competitive fighting tough guy. too hard to understand then go watch a chuck norris movie or something and act all hard.

tut tut where have you been? Dont you know Steven Segal is the new Chuck Norris!  ;D
Scouser on Tour

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2006, 07:59:37 AM »
tut tut where have you been? Dont you know Steven Segal is the new Chuck Norris!  ;D

ha ha...yeah, fat ass segal was one of the 'something's i was referring to.

arigato

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2006, 03:03:49 PM »
Thanks Guys, I appreciate all the advice...Except for that arigato fellow, he turned the thread into a Adonis thread by critisizing everything you all were saying.  I am buying a heavy bag after my 4day rotation of work on thursday when we go to the city.  What size do you recomend??? Ive see 50-60-70-100lb heavy bags, which one is the best to use?????? I see that the sportinggoods store I go to has Golds Gym heavy bags and boxing equip on sale.. Whats best to get started.  If Im starting to sound stupid, well thats cause I am.  I just want to get the RIGHT and BEST Info I can 

THANKS A BUNCH ;D

i can see u've been picked on ur whole life? im sorry dude... but im not the one picking on u... i was tryin 2 help!
but i guess u gotta stick with somebody eh?  and in this situation im cornered~ lol im not gonna argue about this shit... good lucK! and remember, i was only trying 2 helP!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2006, 08:36:07 PM »
true, but most of these events end up mismatched and you end up getting a novice to play cannon fodder to someone wanting to move up.

imo if you haven't spent some serious time training up/experienced in some discipline the you could lose heart very quickly and get badly hurt in the process, but each to their own.

This is where having a manager can help. Much like in boxing, he can bring along slowly, so you don't get in over your head.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2006, 09:49:12 PM »
This is where having a manager can help. Much like in boxing, he can bring along slowly, so you don't get in over your head.

true, but every decent manager (one that makes you money) i've met has only one interest and that's the bottom line.

with all due respect to boxerz (he seems cool), it's going to be tough to find a manger willing to invest that kind of time and mulla in to him. cold hard reality is that guys like boxerz (that start late, nil experience) fulfill only one purpose - cannon fodder. if he survives, great, said manager becomes interested. if he doesn't, scrap heap.

novice fighters are a dime a dozen and if you haven't already displayed talent ie amateur golden gloves/olympics/college wrestling champion, a member of the gracie family lol, then forget it. you're going to have to eat shit.