Author Topic: Supreme Court Affirms Right to Gay Marriage  (Read 113800 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: California Court Affirms Right to Gay Marriage
« Reply #675 on: January 05, 2010, 11:29:52 AM »
Yes because money is more important than rights for citizens.  What are you a slave owner from the 1800's.

Yes because being a slave and being gay exactly the same ::)

And while your at it, why don't you tell us all when getting married became a right
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #676 on: January 05, 2010, 11:32:51 AM »
Yes because being a slave and being gay exactly the same ::)

Oh yes please take everything in the most literal sense possible.     
Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #677 on: January 05, 2010, 11:33:34 AM »
Oh really??

Last time I checked, in California, the No on 8 campaign spend MORE money than those who supported the marriage amendment ($43 million to $40 million).

Check last year's "People's Veto" on Maine's gay "marriage" law (Amendment 1). Final numbers: No on 1 - $4 million; Yes on 1 - $2.6 million.

And, in Florida, the claim goes that Amendment 2 opponents spend THREE TIMES as much money as Amendment 2 supporters.

Yet, despite all that spending, gay "marriage" supporters LOST in all three ballot races.

You can only delay the inevitable, bible thumper.  :D

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #678 on: January 05, 2010, 11:38:37 AM »
Oh yes please take everything in the most literal sense possible.     

Well then when did marriage become a right? You are the one that said the "rights" of citizens not me
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #679 on: January 05, 2010, 11:41:03 AM »
Well then when did marriage become a right? You are the one that said the "rights" of citizens not me

Since marriage came with certain legal rights and privileges that are denied to another person based on sexuality.  That's when it became a rights issue. 
Abandon every hope...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #680 on: January 05, 2010, 11:45:53 AM »
You can only delay the inevitable, bible thumper.  :D

It is that precise mentality that has cost supporters of gay "marriage" dearly.

What went down in California in 2008, in Maine last year (as well as New York) has put a KABOSH to the long-touted yet tired canard from certain liberals, that gay "marriage" is inevitable.

Notice the pattern here: EVERYWHERE gay "marriage" has been legalized has been a city, state, or country with a far-left government, which keeps the people from voting on this issue.

Yet, when the people's voice get heard via the ballot box, gay "marriage" goes down in flames, as has happened THIRTY-ONE TIMES in the USA.

Besides, you claimed that the "religious nutjobs" were spending the most money. That's not the case (at least not in FL, CA, and ME). Gay "marriage" supporters OUTSPENT their opponents but LOST.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #681 on: January 05, 2010, 11:49:30 AM »
Since marriage came with certain legal rights and privileges that are denied to another person based on sexuality.  That's when it became a rights issue. 

So you are trying to equate sexual preference with race, creed, or color? Sorry but that dog just won't hunt.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #682 on: January 05, 2010, 11:50:13 AM »

What went down in California in 2008, in Maine last year (as well as New York) has put a KABOSH to the long-touted yet tired canard from certain liberals, that gay "marriage" is inevitable.

Notice the pattern here: EVERYWHERE gay "marriage" has been legalized has been a city, state, or country with a far-left government, which keeps the people from voting on this issue.

Yet, when the people's voice get heard via the ballot box, gay "marriage" goes down in flames, as has happened THIRTY-ONE TIMES in the USA.

Besides, you claimed that the "religious nutjobs" were spending the most money. That's not the case (at least not in FL, CA, and ME). Gay "marriage" supporters OUTSPENT their opponents but LOST.

I thought the funniest thing about the CA vote was that it was largely defeated due to the huge minority vote for Obama that came out for the first time.  

The left wing crazies were going out of their minds trying not to get tied up in their own racist knots and pointing the finger at blacks and hispanics for the outcome of that vote.    

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #683 on: January 05, 2010, 11:50:50 AM »

My state legalized gay marriage and you know what, no one gives a shit. Haven't seen any rallies or even ran into any people who had anything to say about. Nor has the state exploded and hellfire rained down upon our heathen heads.

Anything to remove the tentacles you religious nutjobs have attached to everything. Separation of church and state!

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #684 on: January 05, 2010, 11:54:18 AM »
My state legalized gay marriage and you know what, no one gives a shit. Haven't seen any rallies or even ran into any people who had anything to say about. Nor has the state exploded and hellfire rained down upon our heathen heads.

Anything to remove the tentacles you religious nutjobs have attached to everything. Separation of church and state!

Before you use the "seperation of church and state" agrument you should have a clue what the constitution actually says about that. It was put in place to prevent a church of America and or you from being executed for praying to a tree if you so choose.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #685 on: January 05, 2010, 11:54:31 AM »

.....YET!!!

;D

My state passed its marriage amendment (that would be Florida's Amendment 2) and spent far LESS money doing so.

No such thing as "separation of church and state" (not in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights).

As Dr. King said, the church is neither the master nor the servant of the state, but its conscience.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #686 on: January 05, 2010, 11:55:06 AM »
Before you use the "seperation of church and state" argument you should have a clue what the constitution actually says about that. It was put in place to prevent a church of America and or you from being executed for praying to a tree if you so choose.

EXACTLY!!!

That reminds me of what I said about a week or two ago. I don't see any of these "separation of church and state" folks (or atheists, for that matter) banging down the doors of their bosses, to give their Christmas bonuses back.

Or, that they be put to work on Christmas Day......Or, that they be docked a day's pay for taking 12/25 off.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #687 on: January 05, 2010, 12:02:35 PM »
EXACTLY!!!

That reminds me of what I said about a week or two ago. I don't see any of these "separation of church and state" folks (or atheists, for that matter) banging down the doors of their bosses, to give their Christmas bonuses back.

Or, that they be put to work on Christmas Day......Or, that they be docked a day's pay for taking 12/25 off.

Convenient how it is not a problem when they get some benefit from it.

The left wing has to make an attempt to corrupt every institution with the intent of making what has been considered abnormal, normal.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #688 on: January 05, 2010, 12:04:38 PM »
Convenient how it is not a problem when they get some benefit from it

Gay marriage is nothing more than a sideshow issue for the left wing clown car to scream about. 

I see no reason whatsoever to change the definition of marriage.  If the voters want it and vote for it, so be it, but so far, the voters have spoken loud and clear. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #689 on: January 05, 2010, 12:07:04 PM »
I thought the funniest thing about the CA vote was that it was largely defeated due to the huge minority vote for Obama that came out for the first time.  

The left wing crazies were going out of their minds trying not to get tied up in their own racist knots and pointing the finger at blacks and hispanics for the outcome of that vote.    

You ain't lying. There was a black lesbian, Jasmyne Cannick, who appeared on the O'Reilly Factor and mentioned all the racist nastygrams she got on her blog, from white homosexuals, after CNN reported that 70% of black voters went for Prop. 8.

Not to mention the oh-so-tolerant gay activists (some of them, at least) were screaming for a counter-amendment to be placed on the ballot in 2010, when they feel that lots of them blacks and Latinos will stay home.

Is it my imagination or is voter suppresion (self-imposed or enacted by left-winged governments) the catalyst to the legalization of gay "marriage"?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #690 on: January 05, 2010, 12:09:28 PM »
Before you use the "seperation of church and state" agrument you should have a clue what the constitution actually says about that. It was put in place to prevent a church of America and or you from being executed for praying to a tree if you so choose.

That's one way to look at it. I look at the religions as having their claws in just about everything that goes on in this country when they shouldn't.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #691 on: January 05, 2010, 12:11:25 PM »
That's one way to look at it. I look at the religions as having their claws in just about everything that goes on in this country when they shouldn't.

One way of looking at it? Perhaps you need a refresher on the constitution. And what exactly do the religions have their claws into?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #692 on: January 05, 2010, 12:13:31 PM »
One way of looking at it? Perhaps you need a refresher on the constitution. And what exactly do the religions have their claws into?

What do they have their claws into? Marriage and abortion, for one.  ::)

Marriage is a joke. It has been bastardized to the point that it's commonplace for people to marry on a whim and divorce three months later. Yet gays shouldn't be afforded that right because of this religious notion that marriage should be between a man and a woman. What a waste. Just a game being played by the religious nutjobs to distract everyone from what really matters.

Same goes for abortion.

My life has not been affected in a single way since gay marriages started in my state. The fact that people have enough time on their hands to worry about who someone else marries is ridiculous.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #693 on: January 05, 2010, 12:14:46 PM »

Again, the church is to be the conscience of the state, not its master not its slave.

Our politics are based on what we believe to be right or wrong. And guess what shapes that in this and other socieities......RELIGION!!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #694 on: January 05, 2010, 12:15:42 PM »
Again, the church is to be the conscience of the state, not its master not its slave.

Our politics are based on what we believe to be right or wrong. And guess what shapes that in this and other socieities......RELIGION!!

Unfortunately.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #695 on: January 05, 2010, 12:16:49 PM »
What do they have their claws into? Marriage and abortion, for one.  ::)

It also has its claws on property laws ("Thou shalt not steal"), honesty in court testimony ("Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor), and those pesky laws about respecting life ("Thou shalt not kill [murder]").

I suppose you want those scrapped, too.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #696 on: January 05, 2010, 12:19:05 PM »
What do they have their claws into? Marriage and abortion, for one.  ::)

Marriage is a joke. It has been bastardized to the point that it's commonplace for people to marry on a whim and divorce three months later. Yet gays shouldn't be afforded that right because of this religious notion that marriage should be between a man and a woman. What a waste. Just a game being played by the religious nutjobs to distract everyone from what really matters.

Same goes for abortion.

My life has not been affected in a single way since gay marriages started in my state. The fact that people have enough time on their hands to worry about who someone else marries is ridiculous.

And, who made you the arbitrator as to what "really matters" vs. what doesn't?

That's why we have elections, referendums, and state constitutional amendments. It's so that WE, the people, NOT a handful of folks like you, determine what "really matters".

You make no sense. Marriage is "such a joke". Yet, because the American people don't want its definition changed to accomodate homosexuals, all of a sudden it's a major grievance.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #697 on: January 05, 2010, 12:21:04 PM »
And, who made you the arbitrater as to what "really matters" vs. what doesn't?

That's why we have elections, referendums, and state constitutional amendments. It's so that WE, the people, NOT a handful of folks like you, determine what "really matters".

Who made religious conservatives the ones who decide who can get married and who couldn't? I didn't know you guys picked what rights someone was afforded. As long as married couples are given rights that gays can't get it's a problem.

These religions crack me up. Lecturing others on who they can and can't marry while their priests are pedophiles and they churn out as many as divorces as marriages.

Marriage is so sacred.  ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #698 on: January 05, 2010, 12:22:38 PM »
Who made religious conservatives the ones who decide who can get married and who couldn't? I didn't know you guys picked what rights someone was afforded.

It's called the state constitution, which allows its citizens to define marriage how they see fit, in concordance with the federal constitution.

And, at last check, a certain federal court ruling deemed that defining marriage as a union, between a man and a woman, DOES NOT VIOLATE that federal constitution.

It's the same one that allows us to outlaw polygamy, with the same basic principle. Marriage is a union between a man and a woman.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #699 on: January 05, 2010, 12:26:33 PM »
Who made religious conservatives the ones who decide who can get married and who couldn't? I didn't know you guys picked what rights someone was afforded. As long as married couples are given rights that gays can't get it's a problem.

These religions crack me up. Lecturing others on who they can and can't marry while their priests are pedophiles and they churn out as many as divorces as marriages.

Marriage is so sacred.  ::)

If you're so down on it, why are you wailing about the fact that, for all the other faults and shortcomings of those folks, this is one line that they (by and large) will not cross?

Either marriage is sacred or it's not. If it's not, your complaints about people preserving its one-man-one-woman definition are quite pointless (to say nothing of silly).