Author Topic: Semi serious question and confession  (Read 3015 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Semi serious question and confession
« on: September 18, 2009, 07:54:58 PM »
I have been toying with the idea of getting back up on stage for longer than I would care to admit.
 I did a bunch of shows from 1978-'95, so I know how to get contest ready.
My last show was back in 1995...yikes.I used to  "take it for granted" that I could get back in contest shape if I really wanted to.
Now, at 50, I have some serious doubts (and fears) that I may not be able to get contest ready ever again. I have no delusions of glory or pro card dreams. For me, it would be a real victory to have some ripped abs and simply "look" like I belonged on a BB stage again. On the good side, my goals don't require me gaining any more muscle mass or needing some extreme 'roid regime.
I am pretty ashamed of my current diet and how hit or miss it has been for over a decade.
If it were not from love of cardio, I would look even more chunky hehe.
Ok, I feel like a douche and know some of the get big regulars will roast me here.
I was wondering if anyone out there had some tips on getting back in the saddle when it comes to a good, consistant BB diet.
Thanks

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
Re: Semi serious question and confession
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 07:56:59 PM »
Any pics of you in shape, big guy?   ???

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 07:57:17 PM »
LOL @ diet. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 07:57:42 PM »
to be serious, i find that making meals the night before and bringing them with you helps. You have no excuse to eat fast food or what not.

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 07:59:05 PM »
to be serious, i find that making meals the night before and bringing them with you helps. You have no excuse to eat fast food or what not.

Yes this is key, Mass04.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 07:59:18 PM »
Any pics of you in shape, big guy?   ???
Thanks for asking but I would need to scan them onto my cpu as they are in my reg photo album.
Any diet motivation tips?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 08:00:54 PM »
Sounds good, I do that when I go to teach, and it helps. However, I never pack enough and use it as an excuse to hit the drive thru window . I noticed that Jay always travels with meals in tow and on hand.
Hmmm, good idea, thanks

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 08:03:31 PM »
Sounds good, I do that when I go to teach, and it helps. However, I never pack enough and use it as an excuse to hit the drive thru window . I noticed that Jay always travels with meals in tow and on hand.
Hmmm, good idea, thanks
Bullshit, you lack willpower.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 08:03:48 PM »
post a picture of yourself.. lets see what we're working with.

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 08:05:51 PM »
Thanks for asking but I would need to scan them onto my cpu as they are in my reg photo album.
Any diet motivation tips?
Howie listen...make your chicken breasts on Sunday and put them in Tupperware.  Now, can you please scan some pics of you in shape so that we can know what the hell we're talking about here?  You've posted lots of pics of you fat and posing on a fence in the country but no pics of you "in shape," so what gives bro?  

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 08:06:24 PM »

x2

there is no excuses

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 08:06:31 PM »
post a picture of yourself.. lets see what we're working with.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 08:08:16 PM »

If I NEVER did a contest diet and prep I would be 100% full of crap here. However, I did get ready for plenty of shows back in the day. I am just looking for practical tips to help me stay on a diet again.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 08:09:21 PM »
howard, you should scan some previous competition pics.  we've seen you post those same 5 ppics for 3 years now.  

you should come back once, see how lean you can get.  it's a lot easier to breathe when you're lean.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 08:10:53 PM »
Another thing i found helpful, is keep a log of what you eat for 4 or 5 days. This will give you a good idea of what you actually take in and you can get a better idea of what you need to cut out.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 08:15:58 PM »
howard, you should scan some previous competition pics.  we've seen you post those same 5 ppics for 3 years now.  

you should come back once, see how lean you can get.  it's a lot easier to breathe when you're lean.
I don't have a scanner and Bix has posted my best contest pics several times here at GETBIG.
The reality for me is NOW, not what I looked like 15 years ago

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 08:16:43 PM »
If I NEVER did a contest diet and prep I would be 100% full of crap here. However, I did get ready for plenty of shows back in the day. I am just looking for practical tips to help me stay on a diet again.
If you've dieted down to compete before, you know what it takes, you don't need getschmoes to tell you how.

You know it, man up.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 08:25:28 PM »
I have been toying with the idea of getting back up on stage for longer than I would care to admit.
 I did a bunch of shows from 1978-'95, so I know how to get contest ready.
My last show was back in 1995...yikes.I used to  "take it for granted" that I could get back in contest shape if I really wanted to.
Now, at 50, I have some serious doubts (and fears) that I may not be able to get contest ready ever again. I have no delusions of glory or pro card dreams. For me, it would be a real victory to have some ripped abs and simply "look" like I belonged on a BB stage again. On the good side, my goals don't require me gaining any more muscle mass or needing some extreme 'roid regime.
I am pretty ashamed of my current diet and how hit or miss it has been for over a decade.
If it were not from love of cardio, I would look even more chunky hehe.
Ok, I feel like a douche and know some of the get big regulars will roast me here.
I was wondering if anyone out there had some tips on getting back in the saddle when it comes to a good, consistant BB diet.
Thanks

Not sure what you want to hear, Howard. You either want to do it, or not.
HAHA, RON.....

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 09:04:14 PM »
Thanks

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=295921.0

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 09:11:46 PM »
Holy shit you should dye ur hair blond and say ur Jay Cutler :D

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 10:08:43 PM »
You should definitely do it!

With all the NPC ass-kissing and IFBB cock-sucking you do, rumor has it there's already a Pro Card with your name on it, just waiting under someone's desk. Now get on your knees and claim what's rightfully yours!
BigNationRadio.com

bigkahuna

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 10:29:36 PM »
You've done it before, you should have no problem doing it again once u get into the mode and taking the appropriate fat burners etc.

Once you see results and start looking better in the mirror day by day you stop thinking about junk food.

good luck

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 10:41:01 PM »

You'd be fun to go to the bar with and make fun of other dudes.  You're quite sneaky, easier to breath, lol.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2009, 06:36:21 AM »
You should definitely do it!

With all the NPC ass-kissing and IFBB cock-sucking you do, rumor has it there's already a Pro Card with your name on it, just waiting under someone's desk. Now get on your knees and claim what's rightfully yours!

LOL, yeah I am sure that the IFBB/NPC folks just love my posts/ideas on drugs and ignoring the 48 pgs of rules LOL.
Yeah, right Ed, I will now go blow Bob Chick and pick up that pro card next yr at the masters nationals :P
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Hey Ed what ever happened the BNR radio?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2009, 06:40:49 AM »
You've done it before, you should have no problem doing it again once u get into the mode and taking the appropriate fat burners etc.

Once you see results and start looking better in the mirror day by day you stop thinking about junk food.

good luck
Hmmm, good pts. You are 100% correct , once you see some real changes in the cuts and separation it fuels the motivation to stay with it. I just need to start :
1. logging my food (* thanks for that reminder tip Mass04)
2. Plan my meals and stay ahead of the curve on that to avoid to going off the wagon .
Regular consistant BB meals , keep my blood sugar even and prevent me from pigging out.