Author Topic: Size Matters...when dealing with these...  (Read 4260 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Size Matters...when dealing with these...
« on: June 04, 2009, 05:36:12 PM »
A real River Monster

Parker

• Getbig V
Re: Size Matters...when dealing with these...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 05:48:09 PM »
And Turtles too....

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 06:15:03 PM »
one of the aquarium boards I frequent loves rivermonsters..

I don't get the animal planet though..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 06:41:13 PM »
one of the aquarium boards I frequent loves rivermonsters..

I don't get the animal planet though..

i watch while I'm doing cardio

here is another...a typically Getbigger, biting off more than he could chew

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 11:32:29 AM »
i like this show beacause unlike that other shit show they usually come up with something, like the time he was looking for a man-eating catfish or gunsch he actually pulled out a 166 lb fish which could lead one to assume that a 600 lber is possible. unlike the douchebags who waste an hour looking for big foot or yeti or the lock ness monster, and end thje show finding a piece of fur and pretending it could be biugfoot.
F

Jizzacked

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 11:35:59 AM »
i like this show beacause unlike that other shit show they usually come up with something, like the time he was looking for a man-eating catfish or gunsch he actually pulled out a 166 lb fish which could lead one to assume that a 600 lber is possible. unlike the douchebags who waste an hour looking for big foot or yeti or the lock ness monster, and end thje show finding a piece of fur and pretending it could be biugfoot.

+1

this is a pretty good show... I can't stand that fictional monster crap that is so prevalent these days. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »

haha yes this is true. i love the Rivermonsters show. especially the alligator gar one. i want him to do one where he looks for a white sturgeon, by far the biggest freshwater dweller.

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 12:35:27 PM »

wow, i totally agree, i love cryptozoology, so whenever i see something related to that on television, it doesnt take much to get me to watch it.  but all of the shows, especaially these newer shows where they always "assemble a team of expets"  to find such and such a monster.......so they spend the whole first half of the show hyping up the creature and how dangerous one is, and they hype, and they keep hyping......and before the last commercail they are like....."up next ....will the evidence the team uncovered lead them to"

and it leads them to NOTHING, never anything, not only have they never found one of the monsters or aliens that they have set out to find, they never even find any tangible evidence that would suggest one might exist.  they try to pass off a broken twig, or a gurbled animal sound on a tape recoreder as evidence......fuck you

X-creatures, ect. ....i had to stop watching all of those shows, because they made me want to throw a rock at my television, they build you up with all this salacious monster mystery.......and deliver absolutely nothing, i refuse to let myself get drawn in to any of those show s anymore......they are just a giant timesuck.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 12:44:45 PM »

wow, i totally agree, i love cryptozoology, so whenever i see something related to that on television, it doesnt take much to get me to watch it.  but all of the shows, especaially these newer shows where they always "assemble a team of expets"  to find such and such a monster.......so they spend the whole first half of the show hyping up the creature and how dangerous one is, and they hype, and they keep hyping......and before the last commercail they are like....."up next ....will the evidence the team uncovered lead them to"

and it leads them to NOTHING, never anything, not only have they never found one of the monsters or aliens that they have set out to find, they never even find any tangible evidence that would suggest one might exist.  they try to pass off a broken twig, or a gurbled animal sound on a tape recoreder as evidence......fuck you

X-creatures, ect. ....i had to stop watching all of those shows, because they made me want to throw a rock at my television, they build you up with all this salacious monster mystery.......and deliver absolutely nothing, i refuse to let myself get drawn in to any of those show s anymore......they are just a giant timesuck.

exactly, Monsterquest sucks because 1. if they actually found anything you would see it in the news, therefore at the end of eevry episode you automatically know they = FAILED and find jack shit, and 2. its more geared towards general public rather than knowledgable people therefore they always bring up ridiculous myths/long-debunked 'evidence', and spend 10 minutes considering dumb shit that anyone who knows anything about it will be slapping their ehad and saying 'give me a fuckin break thanks for perpetuating the bs and making this stuff all look like silly fantasy crap'. like for exaple on a Loch Ness or other lake monster episode they will bring up the plesiosaur nonsense and proceed to talk about it for half the episode before coming to the genius conclusion that 'it cant be a plesiosaur', hey no shit sherlocks thanks for taking cryptozoology back to the 1940's  ::)

Aquiles

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 01:16:20 PM »
i watch while I'm doing cardio

here is another...a typically Getbigger, biting off more than he could chew

bad ass stuff!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 01:19:13 PM »

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 01:22:21 PM »
i wish one of those alligator snapping turtles snaps his dick off

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 01:47:32 PM »
i wish one of those alligator snapping turtles snaps his dick off
                you and me both. that boy just ain't right.
F

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 02:32:45 PM »
haha yes this is true. i love the Rivermonsters show. especially the alligator gar one. i want him to do one where he looks for a white sturgeon, by far the biggest freshwater dweller.

Thing is, Sturgeon yes are big, but they don't  have the potential of making a man a meal...they are not carnivorous...the majority of the RiverMonsters are, that 's what makes them monsters.

Jizzacked

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 02:43:14 PM »
exactly, Monsterquest sucks because 1. if they actually found anything you would see it in the news, therefore at the end of eevry episode you automatically know they = FAILED and find jack shit, and 2. its more geared towards general public rather than knowledgable people therefore they always bring up ridiculous myths/long-debunked 'evidence', and spend 10 minutes considering dumb shit that anyone who knows anything about it will be slapping their ehad and saying 'give me a fuckin break thanks for perpetuating the bs and making this stuff all look like silly fantasy crap'. like for exaple on a Loch Ness or other lake monster episode they will bring up the plesiosaur nonsense and proceed to talk about it for half the episode before coming to the genius conclusion that 'it cant be a plesiosaur', hey no shit sherlocks thanks for taking cryptozoology back to the 1940's  ::)

monsterquest is one of the worst shows of the genre ever produced.. I wish it would go away. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 07:12:03 PM »
Thing is, Sturgeon yes are big, but they don't  have the potential of making a man a meal...they are not carnivorous...the majority of the RiverMonsters are, that 's what makes them monsters.

yeah but realistically none of the others can really eat people either...some giant catfish could probably eat a tiny child or baby but thats about it, the arapaima sure cant, 99.9999% of the catfish cant, even the giant alligator gar cant.
the only one he did that actually does eat people is the bull shark but that one is also an ocean fish.