Author Topic: Explain this to me.. HUGE Muscular guy struggling with a 135 pounds bench.  (Read 4711 times)

Fourslot40

• Getbig II
  • DAMN!
This thread might just be the worst I've seen.  How do I get my 25 seconds back?

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
Maybe he is like those dudes who can't piss with other guys in the bathroom, only he can't lift heavy with you learing at him like a piece of meat.

yeah maybe you measuring his thighs as he was benching threw his concentration off
Odilly

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
the mind muslce connection does come in to play but not on the first set... i think its probably a combo of the mnd muscland like emmortal said he probably was on last set and had done more than 20 heavy sets before that

personally at end of chest workout for me after really killing it if i focus on bench with just the pecs no shoulders no triceps and tilt my head abit forward then 135 ca feel like 225

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
There's this big black dude at my gym who sturuggles to rep 225 on the flat for 5-6 reps.  :-\

bigguns23

• Getbig IV

hahahaha....yeah, fcuking Nasser could only completed a weakling 17reps in that contest, while other guys were doing reps in the ranges close to 65 reps

but i thought he was the king of the universe?

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay

but i thought he was the king of the universe?

more like the king of Synthol ;D

Beener

• Getbig IV
I'm around 230 and fairly lean and i struggle with 225. My chest is developed fine, no problems there. Some people just aint built for benching.  i can row almost three plates though..

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
How many times can everyone do 135?  I did 135 for 47 last week with not bad form (wide grip, but pretty full reps).
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
the mind muslce connection does come in to play but not on the first set... i think its probably a combo of the mnd muscland like emmortal said he probably was on last set and had done more than 20 heavy sets before that

personally at end of chest workout for me after really killing it if i focus on bench with just the pecs no shoulders no triceps and tilt my head abit forward then 135 ca feel like 225

agreed...Probably ended with bench because he doesn't have the ego of someone like the starter of this thread and/or he was doing slow presses to the neck or chin

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
To clear this shit up, he was most definitely not on his last set, seeing I had been occupying the bench before having moved onto the pec dec. This was his first set and he completed 2 more, with the same weight and yes, he was struggling the whole way through. Not saying I'm Hercules. I don't claim to be. I barely bench 200 pounds for reps, but I also don't have this guys size.

One of 2 things like you guys have been saying. He's either recovering from an injury (the weight shouldn't still be that heavy though for him), OR he's on some serious drugs and all he needs is to lift a buck 35 to zap his msucles into growing. You would think a guy that size is EASILY benching 3 plates.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
To clear this shit up, he was most definitely not on his last set, seeing I had been occupying the bench before having moved onto the pec dec. This was his first set and he completed 2 more, with the same weight and yes, he was struggling the whole way through. Not saying I'm Hercules. I don't claim to be. I barely bench 200 pounds for reps, but I also don't have this guys size.

One of 2 things like you guys have been saying. He's either recovering from an injury (the weight shouldn't still be that heavy though for him), OR he's on some serious drugs and all he needs is to lift a buck 35 to zap his msucles into growing. You would think a guy that size is EASILY benching 3 plates.

You're kidding, right?

After my surgery, I couldn't lift a tea cup. Certainly couldn't press 135lbs for a while...
HAHA, RON.....

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Mind Muslce connection. dont need a tonne of weight to grow. He could make 135 feel like 400
haha.  I'm working on the "mind muscle" connection.
Translation: I take lots of gear, but don't want to lift heavy weight. ;D
N

Dragon

• Getbig III
the guy blasted shoulders+tris the day before with maybe 20sets per bodypart
 ::)
pretty obvious dude
LOCAL GYM HERO

Meso_z

• Getbig V
I shit you not. Was at my gym on Satirday and this black dude, who was around my height (5'10") and appeared to be about 230-240 pounds of SLABS of muscle, including 21" arms, 55" chest, 30" thighs... Anyways, I'm doing the pec dec and he's sitting across from me at the bench press. He loads a 45 on each side. I'm figuring this is his very light warmup. Anyways, he lies down, struggles with 5-6 reps and puts the weight back on the rack...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Maybe be believes in "giant sets"?

JasonH

• Getbig V
I find it very hard to believe that a guy supposedly this big was supposedly that weak.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Dont tell me that it was his last pec exercise. :-\

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
I find it very hard to believe that a guy supposedly this big was supposedly that weak.
its more like the OP just wanted to see how many folks will post in his thread.....

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
Maybe he's nursing some minor injuries?

Siggy420

• Getbig I
Gotta be those myostatin blockers

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

hahahaha....yeah, fcuking Nasser could only completed a weakling 17reps in that contest, while other guys were doing reps in the ranges close to 65 reps

WHich vid is this?

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!

well, i will give nasser one thing tho...he was the ONLY one with complete range of motion (wich in his case its really strange because he normally dont use a very good rom) in that contest....

but about the guy in the post, maybe he is going after the extreme pump?  ???
!

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Why didn't you ask him why he was struggling when you were measuring his thighs? 

Ha ha haaa   :D

I shit you not. Was at my gym on Satirday and this black dude, who was around my height (5'10") and appeared to be about 230-240 pounds of SLABS of muscle, including 21" arms, 55" chest, 30" thighs... Anyways, I'm doing the pec dec and he's sitting across from me at the bench press. He loads a 45 on each side. I'm figuring this is his very light warmup. Anyways, he lies down, struggles with 5-6 reps and puts the weight back on the rack...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
was his name Bob sapp?

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
was his name Bob sapp?

Ask danimal number 77 for his exact measurements.

Method101

• Getbig V
Nasser Dominates the Bench Press as you can see;
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/videos/2005/olympia_2005_nasser.wvx