Author Topic: Stevan Segal - accomplished martial arts expert!  (Read 22791 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Stevan Segal - accomplished martial arts expert!
« on: June 05, 2010, 11:51:55 PM »
I am just reading the National paper online (The Herald Sun - Australia) and there is a story about Stevan Segal, the actor wanting to become an honorary member of Costa Rica's Police force.  Anyway, they described him as a martial arts expert! Can anyone confirm if and at what martial art he is a supposed expert, I just assumed he was another B Grade actor, plus the guy never looks in shape, he always looks like he just finished a bucket of KFC.  How would he go in the UFC?
V

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Stevan Segal - accomplished martial arts expert!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 12:35:26 AM »
Yeah, he does have a pretty toady looking body, but at least he has got a fierce and menacing stare about him :>

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 01:00:17 AM »
I am just reading the National paper online (The Herald Sun - Australia) and there is a story about Stevan Segal, the actor wanting to become an honorary member of Costa Rica's Police force.  Anyway, they described him as a martial arts expert! Can anyone confirm if and at what martial art he is a supposed expert, I just assumed he was another B Grade actor, plus the guy never looks in shape, he always looks like he just finished a bucket of KFC.  How would he go in the UFC?

First of all, you must be an idiot, because your friend google knows everything about this guy. Secondly, there isn't any way to prove that he is martial arts expert, because facts doesn't mean anything to you guys. That's why there really isn't any answer to your question, so let say he was is an actor/director/producer of his own movies. His best role by far is the "cock puncher" from the "Onion movie", and by that he has proven at lest for me that he isn't so serious guy after all.

If the word "Aikido" tells you anything, he is a first non Japanese who has his own martial arts school in japan. He has 7th dan black belt in aikido, which is a martial art where you don't get those belts for Christmas gifts, but you must accomplish certain level to get it, so it takes years to make the second dan black belt and few decades to get the 7th dan. Highest today is 10th dan from the scale of 12.

From the aikodo faq:
Is Steven Seagal really an Aikidoka? What is his rank?
Steven Seagal really is an Aikido instructor (or was, until his movie career got in the way). He has a rank of seventh dan (Aikikai) and has run his own dojo in both Japan and the United States. Most of what you see in the movies, however, is not Aikido as it is practised in the dojo. Some argue that it is not Aikido at all.
His Aikido is for real. Here's what Wendy Palmer had to say in "Aikido in America":

He has great throws. Very energetic, very fast, very powerful. He would throw me -- bam! -- I'd hit the mat; the spit would fly out of my mouth, that kind of thing, just really powerful. [...] He had very good Aikido. He really did. He threw me very energetically. At that time he was not particularly muscled. He was strong, aiki-strong, but he didn't have a kind of gym-muscle body at all. This throws were very fast, very energetic. You never knew what happened. He could do that art.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 01:04:30 AM »
He is too busy harassing his maids to bother with the UFC.  Maybe when he's done with that he can fight Kimbo.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 01:15:25 AM »
First of all, you must be an idiot, because your friend google knows everything about this guy. Secondly, there isn't any way to prove that he is martial arts expert, because facts doesn't mean anything to you guys. That's why there really isn't any answer to your question, so let say he was is an actor/director/producer of his own movies. His best role by far is the "cock puncher" from the "Onion movie", and by that he has proven at lest for me that he isn't so serious guy after all.

If the word "Aikido" tells you anything, he is a first non Japanese who has his own martial arts school in japan. He has 7th dan black belt in aikido, which is a martial art where you don't get those belts for Christmas gifts, but you must accomplish certain level to get it, so it takes years to make the second dan black belt and few decades to get the 7th dan. Highest today is 10th dan from the scale of 12.

From the aikodo faq:
Is Steven Seagal really an Aikidoka? What is his rank?
Steven Seagal really is an Aikido instructor (or was, until his movie career got in the way). He has a rank of seventh dan (Aikikai) and has run his own dojo in both Japan and the United States. Most of what you see in the movies, however, is not Aikido as it is practised in the dojo. Some argue that it is not Aikido at all.
His Aikido is for real. Here's what Wendy Palmer had to say in "Aikido in America":

He has great throws. Very energetic, very fast, very powerful. He would throw me -- bam! -- I'd hit the mat; the spit would fly out of my mouth, that kind of thing, just really powerful. [...] He had very good Aikido. He really did. He threw me very energetically. At that time he was not particularly muscled. He was strong, aiki-strong, but he didn't have a kind of gym-muscle body at all. This throws were very fast, very energetic. You never knew what happened. He could do that art.

And when has he ever been in a real fight?  Him and his entire persona of being a bad ass is complete bullshit.  He's  a very accomplished martial artists............but that translates to fuck all as far as being able to fight or being an accomplished fighter.  Martial arts is just that.........an art..........overall even though many martial arts are rooted in ancient fighting today they have fuck all to do with two menacing gang bangers wanting to bash your skull in with a tire iron or stab you to death with a knife for your wallet.  Fighting and street self defense are two different beasts as well.........but they are far removed from "martial arts".  If you want art go buy a fucking brush and paint a picasso.  

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 01:19:14 AM »
Maybe he could scare off the bad guys with that fierce stare of his?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 03:28:17 AM »
I'm not much of a martial arts guy but I always liked his style above the rest, it was mostly defense and counter moves.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 03:43:04 AM »
Steven Seagal gets a "pass" for life from me for making "Above the Law"

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 04:25:10 AM »

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 04:38:29 AM »

I'm no martial arts expert, but that looks a tad choreographed.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 04:53:06 AM »
Legit 6'4

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 05:54:48 AM »
he is/was an expert in his art. But don't expect him to be like even 1/10 of his movie characters.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 06:00:55 AM »
that dude claims to be god... it's good that he doesn't let anybody be above him atleast

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 06:04:56 AM »
that dude claims to be god... it's good that he doesn't let anybody be above him atleast
Dude was tall, had no muscles but whipped some asses.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 06:06:39 AM »
no, he really feels to be god...  :P

the way buddhists talk about this thing is almost as hilarious as scientologists... they try so hard to make it sound as a good thing when the roots are coming from luciferian wicca... lol...

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 06:08:45 AM »
And when has he ever been in a real fight?  Him and his entire persona of being a bad ass is complete bullshit.  He's  a very accomplished martial artists............but that translates to fuck all as far as being able to fight or being an accomplished fighter.  Martial arts is just that.........an art..........overall even though many martial arts are rooted in ancient fighting today they have fuck all to do with two menacing gang bangers wanting to bash your skull in with a tire iron or stab you to death with a knife for your wallet.  Fighting and street self defense are two different beasts as well.........but they are far removed from "martial arts".  If you want art go buy a fucking brush and paint a picasso.  

And when you have been? When bullies kick your ass in the school yard and you run home crying? He is annoying guy but so are you, so what is the difference. He has famous and fortune which you will never get, he is something and you are nothing. In real world he is better of than you are, in your imaginary world he is pussy because he isn't bad ass street fighter. Sorry to say, but your priorities is upside down, because who the hell need to be in "real fight", if you can gather millions of dollars by fighting in films? From the beginning, martial arts has only one purpose, and it is make you able to protect yourself against enemy. If you have 7th dan in any martial arts, you doesn't have to prove anything to anybody, because you know that there is no attack without firearms which you cannot stop. So simple, and the facts are facts even if you believe them or not. You would know that if you would have even the first dan black belt in any martial arts, but because you are complete idiot without any talent for anything else than grow hemroids, you will be out from that game for sure.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 06:24:36 AM »
There was another discussion about this on here not too long ago.
Aikido deals with a lot redirecting your opponent via joint manipulations, etc.
Those moves will want to carry you in a certain direction.
You can either “go with the flow” of the course, or get jacked up by resisting.

“Agreeing” with the moves can often cause them to appear choreographed.
And if, indeed, Aikidokas are putting on a rehearsed demonstration, it can look about as real as a pro-wrestling match.

That being said, there is quite a difference between legitimate Aikido technique and a lot of the shit you see in the movies.
Although, if you look closely at his films, you will sometimes see Seagal use sequences from his Aikido demonstrations from years ago.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 06:41:02 AM »
And when you have been? When bullies kick your ass in the school yard and you run home crying? He is annoying #### but so are you, so what is the difference. He has famous and fortune which you will never get, he is something and you are nothing. In real world he is better of than you are, in your imaginary world he is pussy because he isn't bad ass street fighter. Sorry to say, but your priorities is upside down, because who the hell need to be in "real fight", if you can gather millions of dollars by fighting in films? From the beginning, martial arts has only one purpose, and it is make you able to protect yourself against enemy. If you have 7th dan in any martial arts, you doesn't have to prove anything to anybody, because you know that there is no attack without firearms which you cannot stop. So simple, and the facts are facts even if you believe them or not. You would know that if you would have even the first dan black belt in any martial arts, but because you are complete idiot without any talent for anything else than grow hemroids, you will be out from that game for sure.

Hey fuck stick I trained under David James out of New York City and Bayonne New Jersey.  Come on up to our schools and I'll show you what real "martial arts" is all about.  www.veearnisjitsu.com  Steven Segal is fucking bullshit.  Sorry to ruin your world and everything you believe in .  LMAO! Fucking getbig......... ::)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 06:52:27 AM »
Some claim one of the promotions was political because he'd married a well connected Japanese woman. He's still an expert in Akido, no matter how things are sliced.

spinnis

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 07:08:15 AM »
Aikido is total BS in any type or normal streetfight, he wated decades getting that belt and now anyone that has trained 1-2 year in any hard "mma" like vale tudo or wrestling etc could kick his ass.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 07:15:36 AM »
Aikido is total BS in any type or normal streetfight, he wated decades getting that belt and now anyone that has trained 1-2 year in any hard "mma" like vale tudo or wrestling etc could kick his ass.

MMA isn't much better for street fights than Aikido. Aikido is far harder to master, though.

spinnis

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 07:17:05 AM »
MMA isn't much better for street fights than Aikido. Aikido is far harder to master, though.
So someone trained in valetudo lr thaiboxing would have an advantage?

please just stfu lol

aikido is harder to master because it just pure bs and LOTS of bs, just see the exhibitions haha, they just throw themself all over the place lol.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 07:22:58 AM »
i'm not reading thru all this cause i dont like him or his movies but he did hire security because some mob guy said he was going to kick his a$$.  more actor than the real thing...i guess?  

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 07:26:03 AM »

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2010, 07:29:05 AM »
Hey fuck stick I trained under David James out of New York City and Bayonne New Jersey.  Come on up to our schools and I'll show you what real "martial arts" is all about.  www.veearnisjitsu.com  Steven Segal is fucking bullshit.  Sorry to ruin your world and everything you believe in .  LMAO! Fucking getbig......... ::)

Show some proof.  show a photo.  Oh you can't?  You talk alot of shit and can back anything up.  Again you have been called out and owned.

::)
No Worries 4 me