Author Topic: How old were you and how long had you been training when.....  (Read 4540 times)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: How old were you and how long had you been training when.....
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 11:56:33 PM »
you can have great physiqe if you follow everything to the t ,,but it will be small,,example? 5'7 145lb on stage,,,5'10 160lb on stage,,6' 175lb on stage etc etc etc

no one said you cant have great physiqe with out hormones ...it will just look like a built guy with no thickness and no mass and the reason people look at you in general is ONLY BECAUSE OF MUSCLE MASS,,the cuts and peeled and 6% is all good for stage,,,there is nothing more impressive than a bodybuilder 250lb walking around at 10% wide full and tight with a swole look to him yet no moon face due to the use of ae or ai ,,that bodybuilder in a shirt will still look like a bodybuilder and that bodybuilder will be noticed,,ONLY THE ONES WHO BEEN THERE KNOW HOW MUCH OF A SUPERMAN YOU FEEL WALKING AROUND LIKE THAT

I agree for the most part but IMHO I feel like if I had the budget to mantain a natural physique (eating good 24/7) that I could be 200+ on stage as a natural, so far (until recent times) I was carrying 210lbs at a fairly lean weight (10% or less) with ease and I was still growing. Now I am 220lbs or so and carry some extra fat (along with a leg injury from last fall) and I still feel if I fully dedicated myself that I could be 200+ plus onstage if I had the resources to do so.

I am 6'0" even.
I

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 12:28:43 AM »

Sounds like you had a good cousin...

He was always really honest with me.  He sure saved me a lot of money on supplements letting me know what was junk and what was actually worth my money.  Great guy.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 12:33:14 AM »
He was always really honest with me.  He sure saved me a lot of money on supplements letting me know what was junk and what was actually worth my money.  Great guy.

I would do the same if my cousin ever got around to serious lifting. I have a home gym but he still seems afraid to get serious into lifting but I try to guide him in health and nutrition as much as I can. I wish I had a cousin like yours though because basically everything I know I taught myself through books, getbig and the mags out there.
I

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2008, 12:39:18 AM »

I would do the same if my cousin ever got around to serious lifting. I have a home gym but he still seems afraid to get serious into lifting but I try to guide him in health and nutrition as much as I can. I wish I had a cousin like yours though because basically everything I know I taught myself through books, getbig and the mags out there.

I always really feel bad for people who get into bodybuilding who don't have someone who's been around the block persay to help them out.  It's always an uphill battle for those guys so when I catch kids like this at the gym I try to point them in the right direction.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 12:51:23 AM »
I always really feel bad for people who get into bodybuilding who don't have someone who's been around the block persay to help them out.  It's always an uphill battle for those guys so when I catch kids like this at the gym I try to point them in the right direction.

Yeah most people stumble blindly into the health & nutrition world and know knowing, if only we all had that person to set us straight...
I

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2008, 01:01:53 AM »
i was about 18, i was reading through a mag thinking these guys must have everything down, the diet training everything...
now i am so much smarter ;D
there's no magic pills... just needles

io856

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2008, 01:34:50 AM »
I agree for the most part but IMHO I feel like if I had the budget to mantain a natural physique (eating good 24/7) that I could be 200+ on stage as a natural, so far (until recent times) I was carrying 210lbs at a fairly lean weight (10% or less) with ease and I was still growing. Now I am 220lbs or so and carry some extra fat (along with a leg injury from last fall) and I still feel if I fully dedicated myself that I could be 200+ plus onstage if I had the resources to do so.

I am 6'0" even.
These are just excuses, if theres a will theres a way.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2008, 01:37:19 AM »
These are just excuses, if theres a will theres a way.

Yeah sorry but I do have a taste palate and eating everything completely plain is out of the question ;D
I

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2008, 02:45:21 AM »
Haha I used to think that frank zane was natty.  ;D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 02:49:29 AM »
yeah i knew these pros took juice but i thought guys from arnolds time were natural. also thought that injections were a lot more dangerous to you than tabs ;D

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 03:13:54 AM »
yeah i knew these pros took juice but i thought guys from arnolds time were natural. also thought that injections were a lot more dangerous to you than tabs ;D

Sorry but I don't think I could ever inject myself..... I will need to find someone to do it for me ;D
I

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 03:28:45 AM »
I started at 18 seriously,At 22 got mixed up with some friends at the gym and started using very heavy.I will not give my stats as i cannot back them up with pitures at 27,28 i met Ronnie Coleman and was shattered that i could not hang with the best, then i went on small doses matienence to 32 been clean for nearly 4 years this weekend im 36 and as big as a whale FAT
As soon as i stepped in the gym at 18 i knew something was up, guys walking around 250 to 280 lean.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 03:50:56 AM »
wait, are you sayin all the pros in the magazines are on drug?  wtf?????
yea, he's crazy...  Everyone knows only about 5% of the pros take sterioedies....  everyone knows that ::)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2008, 03:54:33 AM »
I started at 18 seriously,At 22 got mixed up with some friends at the gym and started using very heavy.I will not give my stats as i cannot back them up with pitures at 27,28 i met Ronnie Coleman and was shattered that i could not hang with the best, then i went on small doses matienence to 32 been clean for nearly 4 years this weekend im 36 and as big as a whale FAT
As soon as i stepped in the gym at 18 i knew something was up, guys walking around 250 to 280 lean.

Well obviously we don't expect you to look like a pro but what was you average height and bf percantage???
I

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2008, 04:56:38 AM »

Well obviously we don't expect you to look like a pro but what was you average height and bf percantage???
6ft 250+plus had calipers measure me at 14%,I was on about 5grams a week at age 26.

I will be waiting for SF to call Bullshit i cannot back it up with photos.

Moosejay

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2008, 07:23:25 AM »
I knew right off. I started lifting at 12...reading mags at about 14-15.

I also remember Franco addressing roids in a M&F article way back in like 79 or 80 that he said he tried roids once, but dissuaded others from using them because 'you can get the same result from eating sausages...they will just bloat you like eating sausages'...or something retarded like that.

From that point on...I never liked Franco...full of crap.

Yeahhh...just go eat some Swift Premium sausages...haha.

Anyone recall that article?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2008, 09:32:38 AM »
from 13 to 15 when i trained at home, i thought that the smaller guys in the mags like bob paris weres natties, and the beasts were taking somthing...

after one week in a proper gym at 16 i pretty quicky sussed that everyone was on somthing, even the lads who looked crap....

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2008, 09:35:37 AM »
6ft 250+plus had calipers measure me at 14%,I was on about 5grams a week at age 26.

I will be waiting for SF to call Bullshit i cannot back it up with photos.
hahahahhaa, you were taking 5 grams of steroids a week and were only 250 pounds at 6 feet? ;D

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2008, 02:12:18 PM »
hahahahhaa, you were taking 5 grams of steroids a week and were only 250 pounds at 6 feet? ;D
Read 250++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ plus i did not put my actual weight or you be asking for photos i do not have.