Author Topic: Haider's Training Journal  (Read 165036 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: Haider's Training Journal
« Reply #275 on: April 05, 2008, 02:01:10 PM »
Why back out? Follow through with your commitments and you will be a much happier person. Go there, destroy some fools, leave with a new view.

Good luck!
haha thanks man.

Its just that my commitment to it was supposed to be for 4 weeks, adding another 2 weeks to that seems like its that much mroe effort for almost nothing.. I changed my training routine around it, and I like this routine better... but still.

I guess as long as I'm havinf fun doing it..
follow the arrows

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #276 on: April 05, 2008, 02:38:20 PM »
Oh, and the Bench Press competition got postponed.. It will be held on the 16th now. I'm thinkin about backin out  :-\

You are not backing out you big fucking pussy. >:(

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #277 on: April 05, 2008, 05:56:20 PM »
You are not backing out you big fucking pussy. >:(

seconded. get your ass in there.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #278 on: April 05, 2008, 06:14:53 PM »
Appreciatte the support guys.

was jsut having some doubts about whether it was worth the effort, or if I was taking it too seriously... I need to be doing it for the right reasons.

The rules are as follows (read 'em the other day):
- 5 minutes to warm up (can warm up prior to that, I will definitely need to do that).
- 15 minutes per lift? Are they giving me 15 min to perform all 3 lifts? lol, that seems ridiculous. I'll have to ask. I may need my xtend if that is the case  :P
- Touch and go (the guy was explaining to me how full lockout isnt necessary cuz it's not good for the elbows  ::))

follow the arrows

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: April 05, 2008, 06:25:29 PM »
touch and go, no full lockout? sounds like a bounce and hump competition to me. still, do it right even if you don't have to. that way you'll be extra prepared, not to mention anyone watching will realize how much cleaner your lift was.

i'm wondering how in the hell they can judge a lift "complete" if lockout isn't necessary. ???

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #280 on: April 05, 2008, 06:29:46 PM »
touch and go, no full lockout? sounds like a bounce and hump competition to me. still, do it right even if you don't have to. that way you'll be extra prepared, not to mention anyone watching will realize how much cleaner your lift was.

i'm wondering how in the hell they can judge a lift "complete" if lockout isn't necessary. ???
thats what I'm thinkin bra.. seem like a bunch of dumbasses organising this thing. He told me the lift has to be performed "with good form".. don't know what that means, but i better not see any bouncing and shit, or butt 5 inches off the bench  >:(

I'll have a talk with the head guy about this, sort it out.

they don't even say what the prizes are, just mentions there's prizes. Money would be nice  ;D
follow the arrows

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: April 05, 2008, 09:10:48 PM »
if the meet looks decent, just give it a go. if nothing else, it'll help you get an idea of what it's like to lift under that kinda pressure.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #282 on: April 05, 2008, 10:03:12 PM »
Seconded.  Even if it's a second-rate meet, it will still be a great experience to lift in a structured setting.

What's your target BP max for the comp?
I'd be happy with 245, pretty sure I can get 240 no problem.

magoo suggested I open with my 3 rm, which I'm guesstimating at 225 or so. Should I be safe and go for 240 or go for 245? Don't seem to be able to get an answer on this one  ;D
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #283 on: April 05, 2008, 10:29:59 PM »
Magoo's advice is on the money, as usual.  You want an opener that you can dust without a problem.  If your gym max is 245, you might think about 240 as your second lift.  Then go for broke with 250 or so as your third lift.  It all depends on how you feel the day of the meet.  But in the end, don't get caught up in the poundages, just have fun 8)
yeah man, the balancing act of doing good but still doing it for fun has been a concern for me..

right now the tentative plan is:
1- 225
2- 240
3- 245/250

Thanks guys  ;)
follow the arrows

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: April 05, 2008, 10:36:58 PM »
Magoo's advice is on the money, as usual.  You want an opener that you can dust without a problem.  If your gym max is 245, you might think about 240 as your second lift.  Then go for broke with 250 or so as your third lift.  It all depends on how you feel the day of the meet.  But in the end, don't get caught up in the poundages, just have fun 8)

i'd vote for this as well. from what people tell me, the idea is that for three attempts they should be (in order): way easy, right around your current best, balls-out if you hit #2. the only guys you see opening on super-high weights are equipped lifters who can't hit parallel or touch their chest with sub-maximal weights, or guys aiming for WRs who don't want to waste attempts.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #285 on: April 06, 2008, 01:22:32 AM »
Good luck with it mate, uv been working really hard, and this will be a good chance to test urself out of ur comfort zone (ie ur own gym etc),and regardless of wether u hit 250 or miss it, itl b an experience that will help u in the future.

U can also chat and learn from other guys who are there lifitng.

Good luck

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2008, 02:13:17 PM »
Good luck with it mate, uv been working really hard, and this will be a good chance to test urself out of ur comfort zone (ie ur own gym etc),and regardless of wether u hit 250 or miss it, itl b an experience that will help u in the future.

U can also chat and learn from other guys who are there lifitng.

Good luck

davie
thanks man  8)

Saturday, April 5 2008
Max Effort Pull
Deadlifts *
185 x 5
245 x 2
315 x 2
385 x 1
415 x 1
465 x fail (w/ belt)  almost fell over
465 x SUCESS!! (w/ belt)  8) 10 lb PR
Platform Deadlifts (5-6 inches) *
375 x 3 (w/ belt)
Close-grip Bench** <alternated w/>Weighted CG Chins
185 x 5 <alt.> +85 x 3
185 x 5 <alt.> +80 x 3
185 x 5 <alt.> +80 x 3 - +35 x 4 - BW x 4 (dropset)

+ 1 arm pushups, 2 sets

*deload and reset for each rep
** a little more than shoulder width

Failed my first attempt at 465, which was shitty.. the bar was too far ahead of my body. But it was a great feeling to come back and get something I failed at. If I push it I may get upto 475 but I dunno if I wanna do that yet... it was hard enough to get to 465.

Close-grips went really well, nice and strong on all sets...ran out of time for higher 8 rep set so i went home and did some 1-arm pushups, like 5 reps each set. Haven't done curls/ext. in more than a month now, maybe I'll hit em up a little bit from now on but I like the idea of focusing on compounds and letting them work all the muscle groups.
follow the arrows

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: April 07, 2008, 02:23:01 PM »
damn boy, you're gonna be passing me in the pull pretty soon! EXCELLENT work.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #288 on: April 13, 2008, 07:13:52 PM »
damn boy, you're gonna be passing me in the pull pretty soon! EXCELLENT work.
lol!

yeah right..

crazy ass workout on thursday, jsut combined everything and put it all in one workout!!! hahaha, i couldnt help it after missing every other workout that week. I was super pumped to go workout and release some energy... which left me out of energy and totally screwed for several days after  ;D

Thursday, April 10 2008
ME Bench / ME Sqt
Bench Press
95 x 5
135 x 4
175 x 3
205 x 1
215 x 1
230 x 1
225 x 1
215 x 1-1
Parallel Squats
155 x 5
195 x 5
245 x 4
295 x 2
325 x 2 (w/ belt)
365 x 1 (w/ belt).. got buried on the second  >:(
335 x 2 (w/ belt)
Close-grip Bench <alternated w/> Db Rows on Incline
190 x 5 <alt.> 80's x 8
190 x 5 <alt.> 80's x 8
190 x 5 <alt.> 80's x 8
165 x 10 (1 forced) <alt.> ------
Front Sqts <alternated w/> Glute-Ham Raises*
220 x 6 <alt.> -#1 x 5
220 x 6 <alt.> -0 x 3 (no assistance)
------- <alt.> -0 x 3
------- <alt.> -#1 x 5

*setup on lat pulldown machine

Just started the workout with some prep work for bench for the competition this upcoming wednesday... wasn't really in the groove but eh..

Squats felt good warming up to the set, I was properly using my core and everything. First rep up on 365 was good, but heavy as shit! Second rep I lost my groove going up and got buried... fell to the ground and hit my knee on a metal edge, didn't even hurt but it started bleeding- just a little cut abt an inch across. After taking care of the bleeding, and band-aiding that I went right back to squatting... was goin for 4 reps on 335 but from how it felt I wasn't about to risk a second accident, so I let the ego suffer a little to save my knees  ;D

close-grips felt phenomenal, much easier than I though..same for the rows as well. Front Squats were crazy hard cuz my lower back was shot at this point.. It sucked being sore for 3 straight days all over my body, never doin that again  ;D
follow the arrows

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: April 13, 2008, 08:34:33 PM »
FINALLY!

haha bought time you bring this back to the top...nice to see your squats and even your bench coming along nicely! been putting in that time I see! SICK work man!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #290 on: April 13, 2008, 09:01:17 PM »
why're u being so mean to me, I've been realy HARD towards my goals, going balls to the walls training everyday in the gym and then i have to hear this? :'(

Very cruel of you..
Dude, wht do you care what he says? Hesmokespole for crying out loud!! ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #291 on: April 13, 2008, 09:10:23 PM »
Dude, wht do you care what he says? Hesmokespole for crying out loud!! ::)
I dunno why he's trying to pass his aids to me  :'(
follow the arrows

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: April 13, 2008, 09:40:21 PM »
id say back out you cant win and face it, its easier to quit. You got to know when you dont have a chance and life has dealt you all the wrong cards.

over then that id say do it up :-\
Theres no place for negativity on this board bro, go elsewhere...  8)

Keep up the good work Haider

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: April 14, 2008, 05:35:27 AM »
Lmao!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: April 14, 2008, 07:17:26 AM »
Haider is an iron legend.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #295 on: April 14, 2008, 06:39:59 PM »
I agree. Much respect for Haider!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #296 on: April 14, 2008, 06:42:28 PM »
holy dradles, the lord Yaroni himself posted on my thread!!!!!!!!!!  :o

Thanks a lot!  8)
follow the arrows

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: April 14, 2008, 07:09:15 PM »
I agree. Much respect for Haider!

haha holy hell ron posted in a lifting log!  :o ;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: April 14, 2008, 08:01:55 PM »
This is my official apology to haider.

As you know haider i am handicapped, i had my legs busted up in a go kart race due to faulty planning and my lumbar spine region was completely severed. I just got jealous when i see the improvments you have been making especially on squats, and how you made fun of me for being handicapped the other day. If i had legs that worked like they use to i would train with you and build a mighty set of quadriceps like your doing.Flaming you was wrong but let me say this, be glad your an upright as we call them, and enjoy your training.

im not looking for sympathy just for understanding, i have bitterness towards guys in the gym and your recent posts set me off, i will turn the other cheek and be the bigger man even though im half your height because im confined to a chair. So this post is for anyone who thinks retaliation is a good thing, all i did was make haider feel like less of a man, while im literally half a man and figuratively for my actions, it was uncalled for.

Haider i forgive you as well even if you dont mean it. Carry on.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: April 15, 2008, 09:24:34 AM »
This is my official apology to haider.

As you know haider i am handicapped, i had my legs busted up in a go kart race due to faulty planning and my lumbar spine region was completely severed. I just got jealous when i see the improvments you have been making especially on squats, and how you made fun of me for being handicapped the other day. If i had legs that worked like they use to i would train with you and build a mighty set of quadriceps like your doing.Flaming you was wrong but let me say this, be glad your an upright as we call them, and enjoy your training.

im not looking for sympathy just for understanding, i have bitterness towards guys in the gym and your recent posts set me off, i will turn the other cheek and be the bigger man even though im half your height because im confined to a chair. So this post is for anyone who thinks retaliation is a good thing, all i did was make haider feel like less of a man, while im literally half a man and figuratively for my actions, it was uncalled for.

Haider i forgive you as well even if you dont mean it. Carry on.

;D ;D ;D