Author Topic: OTH'S 60 day diet, pics in  (Read 376059 times)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Re: OTH'S 60 day diet, strategies, plans and a step by step journey to 3 % BF
« Reply #1000 on: August 04, 2013, 07:24:30 AM »

how bro how you feeling? got the infection all cleared up? back in the trenches?

was just thinking, i forgot what shows you said you were going to do earlier. i know the fouad abiad one is coming up in windsor on sept 21, and theres one in cobourg in oct. dunno if you'd be ready for the sept one. you could be, its 7 weeks away i think. the cobourg one def.

he said earlier this is just to show us he can come shredded in 60 days and that hw are aiming for some springshows

ukjeff

« Reply #1001 on: August 04, 2013, 07:32:00 AM »

how bro how you feeling? got the infection all cleared up? back in the trenches?

was just thinking, i forgot what shows you said you were going to do earlier. i know the fouad abiad one is coming up in windsor on sept 21, and theres one in cobourg in oct. dunno if you'd be ready for the sept one. you could be, its 7 weeks away i think. the cobourg one def.

Why dont you enter?

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #1002 on: August 04, 2013, 07:35:16 AM »
something that's not talked about enough in my opinion.  Fact is 99% of the general population has NO frame of reference as to what our day-to-day existence is, and how it affects you.

I can't get a cup of coffee at 6:30 in the morning without someone saying "holy shit dude, you're huge"...no.lie, no.exaggeration...every single day, ten times a day.  

So when people attempt to shoot me down and belittle me...I really don't give a fuck....I'm doing what I.like...I enjoy being this way. if you don't like it....fine. crack your little wiseass comments and fuck.off.

As your girl looks over her shoulder for a last look and smiles   ;)

Sounds like a pain in the ass.

I think even the biggest guys have days where they feel "small" so if someone is staring at you on one of those days do you wonder...wtf this guy gotta problem  >:(

Some days you must not wanna deal with the stares and attention from people or are you used to it by now?

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #1003 on: August 04, 2013, 08:51:29 AM »
Sounds like a pain in the ass.

I think even the biggest guys have days where they feel "small" so if someone is staring at you on one of those days do you wonder...wtf this guy gotta problem  >:(

Some days you must not wanna deal with the stares and attention from people or are you used to it by now?

totally used to it. The truth is it's an ego-stroke, and if we're being honest, I don't know too many people that don't like compliments.
Yeah sometimes it's an idiot that asks dumb questions, and starts with the whole "I used to be big like you" act...but it can also be good.  just two days ago I was in CircleK..and three young bucks walk in, about 19 20 years old. They obviously just came from the gym, went to the cooler and all got muscle milks. I'm in front of them on line and they are talking lifting, and the "leader" says...."we do dealifts because I want to look like this guy one day" ...Loud enough that I know he wants me to say something.

So I turn around and thank him, and they started asking questions. We talked for  few, gave them some solid advice..told them they were on the right track...etc. And it was cool...they were respectful and seemed like genuinely good kids, It was a good feeling to maybe inspire some young guys to train hard and put in the work. kinda made my day.

yes......full homo, meltdown, just start a blog already...etc.

ukjeff

« Reply #1004 on: August 04, 2013, 08:58:05 AM »
totally used to it. The truth is it's an ego-stroke, and if we're being honest, I don't know too many people that don't like compliments.
Yeah sometimes it's an idiot that asks dumb questions, and starts with the whole "I used to be big like you" act...but it can also be good.  just two days ago I was in CircleK..and three young bucks walk in, about 19 20 years old. They obviously just came from the gym, went to the cooler and all got muscle milks. I'm in front of them on line and they are talking lifting, and the "leader" says...."we do dealifts because I want to look like this guy one day" ...Loud enough that I know he wants me to say something.

So I turn around and thank him, and they started asking questions. We talked for  few, gave them some solid advice..told them they were on the right track...etc. And it was cool...they were respectful and seemed like genuinely good kids, It was a good feeling to maybe inspire some young guys to train hard and put in the work. kinda made my day.

If anyone asks me do I train I normally say no.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #1005 on: August 04, 2013, 08:58:36 AM »

YA, mensa Bob is right, I am not doing a show till spring.

I am treating this diet right now like a contest prep though, for 2 reasons. one so I can see where I need to put my emphasize in regards to body parts and to identify weaknesses and 2 so I can benefit from a rebound to gain 10lbs of muscle or more over the winter.

You are familiar with the OPA shows right?

So the plan is to do Mindi's show in Mississauga in May, then 3 weeks later the Ontario's and then straight to the Canada's 4 weeks later, so within 7-8 weeks, I will do all 3 shows and see what happens from there.

I will be helping at Fouads show though, with the stage. His show is always a good show, man he spends a lot on the competitors.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #1006 on: August 04, 2013, 09:01:45 AM »

Cool, are you doing cardio 7 days a week? Or are you counting your time on the roof as cardio?
I try to do cardio 7 days a week but manage only 3-4 times cause some days are just to much on the roof, so depends on my work load. will do it 7 days a week the last 2 weeks though.

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #1007 on: August 04, 2013, 09:04:42 AM »
If anyone asks me do I train I normally say no.

well if you can get away with that you might want to train harder  ;D

ya I do that too, pisses people off , they know you are fucking with them.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1008 on: August 04, 2013, 10:06:56 AM »
Can you explain the rationale here?
What would you try to accomplish with the extra insulin? I guess shuttling the nutrients into the muscles more effectively... but then again, insulin will shuttle nutrients into both muscle and fat cells...
Call me crazy, but -even though this is the opposite of what most people believe- I think that using exogenous insulin can, under the right conditions, reduce fat gain. But I doubt this is the reason you're thinking of.

In my experience there is no way that using insulin on this one day after depleting all week would have any effect on the body storing fat. I've used this method so this is from experience. Would love to hear your ideas on using slin to reduce fat gain.

ukjeff

« Reply #1009 on: August 04, 2013, 11:12:30 AM »
they do ask you? ;D

nah, i do it the same, i look at them and say bold faced that i just swim alot and use bycycle whenever i can

Occasionally I do get asked, but I dress down to hide it.
Long sleeved black shirts at work and loose t-shirts and sweatshirts in the gym.

I don't own a training vest.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #1010 on: August 04, 2013, 12:40:32 PM »
Occasionally I do get asked, but I dress down to hide it.
Long sleeved black shirts at work and loose t-shirts and sweatshirts in the gym.

I don't own a training vest.

Cracks me up how Brits call cutoffs/tanks "vests".  ;D

subseven

• Getbig II
« Reply #1011 on: August 04, 2013, 12:43:40 PM »
I am treating this diet right now like a contest prep though, for 2 reasons. one so I can see where I need to put my emphasize in regards to body parts and to identify weaknesses and 2 so I can benefit from a rebound to gain 10lbs of muscle or more over the winter.

OTH,

I have been following your diet very closely and- just as Galeniko and No One had come to very similar conclusions over the years on how to diet- I too have been and am at the moment doing something very similar to yours.

Can you please explain what your diet and meal plan will be like to put on those ~10 lbs of muscle during the rebound?

As you said (and a few others mentioned), on your sort of diet, the body completely switches gears and adapts to using bodyfat for fuel so effectively that it doesn't have the need to break down muscle. The fatigue and lethargy all go away as the body becomes extremely efficient in using own fat stores for energy -in muscles, internal organs, the brain and elsewhere.

Now it would be ideal for the body not to lose this adaptation during that rebound and even when calories go higher to still -at least occasionally- burn large amounts of bodyfat. Galeniko recommended a meal every other day during bulking (I say "bulking" to refer to a period of time where putting on muscle is the primary goal, not "bulking" in the conventional sense).
In my particular case, I have briefly experimented with one day of eating only 200 grams of protein (and nothing else), followed by one day of one huge calorically dense 3,000-4,000 calorie evening meal. It was so-so and that pump I was expecting didn't really come -neither on the day of the large meal, nor the day after.

When I am on extremely low calories, half a chicken after a full day's fast will give me an awesome pump. The body is so hungry for nutrients that it will suck up everything and send all the material to muscles as building material. However, this level of efficiency in nutrient utilization and shuttling can only be accomplished -at least in my experience- if calories are very low. Now with one huge meal every other day, you are neither in the "eat like a pig and walk around with a pump 24/7" zone, nor in the "even skinless chicken breast will pump me up and make all the veins pop out" zone.

What is your approach going to be to building muscle while gaining little to no fat?

Thank you for your time....

Sub7

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #1012 on: August 04, 2013, 12:44:12 PM »
Cracks me up how Brits call cutoffs/tanks "vests".  ;D
i always get the picture of the blue oyster bar when i here it

THE BOUNCER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1013 on: August 04, 2013, 12:46:57 PM »
gal, you ever run slin? neither of us are "bodybuilders" but I have to admit, i wonder how guys as lean as us would react to that shit? im thinking very low dose pwo.

ukjeff

« Reply #1014 on: August 04, 2013, 12:47:22 PM »
Can you please explain what your diet and meal plan will be like to put on those ~10 lbs of muscle during the rebound?

its water replenishing the glycogen stores, its not new tissue.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #1015 on: August 04, 2013, 12:57:57 PM »
gal, you ever run slin? neither of us are "bodybuilders" but I have to admit, i wonder how guys as lean as us would react to that shit? im thinking very low dose pwo.

At first you will look better...but once that fat marbalizes in the muscle tissue your fucked and there is nothing you can do about it. Perfect example of this is steve kuclo....looked great when he was younger. Glazed donut for life, he will NEVER have that hard granite look to his physique....
l

subseven

• Getbig II
« Reply #1016 on: August 04, 2013, 01:06:34 PM »
In my experience there is no way that using insulin on this one day after depleting all week would have any effect on the body storing fat.
Very true. But then again, nothing that you do, inject or avoid injecting will really result in fat gain after a whole week of depletion. Unless you eat 10,000 k.calories you will not gain fat, with or without slin, by reloading nutrients for just one day.

I believe your thinking in using slin on that one day is that the insulin sensitivity of muscles is really high, so the extra insulin shuttles nutrients to muscles fast and hard. The idea -if I expressed it accurately above- isn't wrong to be sure. But in real life application, do you see a discernible difference? Does the same person get a better pump, better workout, better.... something as a result of using slin on just a single reload day? I am just curious if such very short term use can really make a difference either way....

Would love to hear your ideas on using slin to reduce fat gain.
Very simple... What I have observed is that when using insulin and being careful with overall caloric intake, a lot of people actually gain less fat than they otherwise would or even slightly lean out while putting on muscle.
The way most bodybuilders use insulin is by pigging out on it. "Oh fuck I am on insulin, I will die if I don't eat 10 grams of carbs per 1 iu of slin... Oh by the way, did the complex carbs even count towards that 1 gram? Not sure... Maybe the pasta I ate will enter the bloodstream too slowly and I will still go into a coma. So let me be sure and first gulp down 100 grams of dextrose for the 10 iu of slin I shot and eat my pasta as an extra"

Now if someone uses insulin as described above, they will absolutely gain fat, no matter what. But by simply taking an OK amount of slin (the dose depending on various factors -people just should keep the slin dose sane), while eating a reasonable amount of balanced food (no, the dietary fat won't directly be stored as bodyfat just because you shot slin) including carbs fats and protein at normal proportions and being careful not to eat more than what is required to build muscle at a moderate pace, people actually either put on less fat that they would have without the slin or even lean out in my observation. This leaning often (not saying always and in every case) happens even when calories are moderately above maintenance.

My feeling is that the insulin shuttles the calories into muscles -and some of the excess into fat stores, inevitably- quickly. The calories and nutrients do not hang around for ever when you are on insulin. Then, the body senses a state of caloric deprivation and kicks of the whole process of burning fat, gherlin mediated GH release sequence and so on. By not being in a so-called "fed-state" nearly 24/7, exogenous insulin allows you to eat a good (but not extreme) quantity of food but still be in a fat burning zone during part of the day. Since you are storing some fat and then burning some of the stored fat, the net fat gain/loss balance can very well be negative...

Also please share opinions about the question I posted for OTH a few posts earlier. I am talking about the
"Can you please explain what your diet and meal plan will be like to put on those ~10 lbs of muscle during the rebound?
What is your approach going to be to building muscle while gaining little to no fat?"

Thanks a lot for your time....

subseven

• Getbig II
« Reply #1017 on: August 04, 2013, 01:08:49 PM »
its water replenishing the glycogen stores, its not new tissue.

OK let me rephrase:
Say you want to gain 20 lbs -so there will have to be new muscle tissue built up in addition to water and glycogen- of muscle after coming of the diet. Can you please share how you'd go about doing so while minimizing fat gain?

Thank you

ukjeff

« Reply #1018 on: August 04, 2013, 01:17:48 PM »
OK let me rephrase:
Say you want to gain 20 lbs -so there will have to be new muscle tissue built up in addition to water and glycogen- of muscle after coming of the diet. Can you please share how you'd go about doing so while minimizing fat gain?

Thank you

New muscle takes time to grow, it just doesn't happen overnight, weight gain after competing is just water bloat.
As for gaining muscle whilst restricting excess fat thats pretty self explanatory, don't eat too many calories over maintenance.

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #1019 on: August 04, 2013, 01:19:36 PM »
OK let me rephrase:

Thank you

hi dj181

ukjeff

« Reply #1020 on: August 04, 2013, 01:20:15 PM »
hi dj181

Fucking lol, it is to, nice spot.

THE BOUNCER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1021 on: August 04, 2013, 01:24:42 PM »
  At first you will look better...but once that fat marbalizes in the muscle tissue your fucked and there is nothing you can do about it. Perfect example of this is steve kuclo....looked great when he was younger. Glazed donut for life, he will NEVER have that hard granite look to his physique....
had to look up who that was. looks pretty fucken good to me bro. got any pics to show what you mean?

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #1022 on: August 04, 2013, 01:34:11 PM »

Yeah it's cool when you can help someone out and they're genuinely interested in your advice.

I'm not as big as you(much smaller lol) so at times if some dude is looking I wonder wtf do I know this guy...does he got a problem lol

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #1024 on: August 04, 2013, 04:53:55 PM »
Very true. But then again, nothing that you do, inject or avoid injecting will really result in fat gain after a whole week of depletion. Unless you eat 10,000 k.calories you will not gain fat, with or without slin, by reloading nutrients for just one day.

I believe your thinking in using slin on that one day is that the insulin sensitivity of muscles is really high, so the extra insulin shuttles nutrients to muscles fast and hard. The idea -if I expressed it accurately above- isn't wrong to be sure. But in real life application, do you see a discernible difference? Does the same person get a better pump, better workout, better.... something as a result of using slin on just a single reload day? I am just curious if such very short term use can really make a difference either way....

Very simple... What I have observed is that when using insulin and being careful with overall caloric intake, a lot of people actually gain less fat than they otherwise would or even slightly lean out while putting on muscle.
The way most bodybuilders use insulin is by pigging out on it. "Oh fuck I am on insulin, I will die if I don't eat 10 grams of carbs per 1 iu of slin... Oh by the way, did the complex carbs even count towards that 1 gram? Not sure... Maybe the pasta I ate will enter the bloodstream too slowly and I will still go into a coma. So let me be sure and first gulp down 100 grams of dextrose for the 10 iu of slin I shot and eat my pasta as an extra"

Now if someone uses insulin as described above, they will absolutely gain fat, no matter what. But by simply taking an OK amount of slin (the dose depending on various factors -people just should keep the slin dose sane), while eating a reasonable amount of balanced food (no, the dietary fat won't directly be stored as bodyfat just because you shot slin) including carbs fats and protein at normal proportions and being careful not to eat more than what is required to build muscle at a moderate pace, people actually either put on less fat that they would have without the slin or even lean out in my observation. This leaning often (not saying always and in every case) happens even when calories are moderately above maintenance.

My feeling is that the insulin shuttles the calories into muscles -and some of the excess into fat stores, inevitably- quickly. The calories and nutrients do not hang around for ever when you are on insulin. Then, the body senses a state of caloric deprivation and kicks of the whole process of burning fat, gherlin mediated GH release sequence and so on. By not being in a so-called "fed-state" nearly 24/7, exogenous insulin allows you to eat a good (but not extreme) quantity of food but still be in a fat burning zone during part of the day. Since you are storing some fat and then burning some of the stored fat, the net fat gain/loss balance can very well be negative...

Also please share opinions about the question I posted for OTH a few posts earlier. I am talking about the
Thanks a lot for your time....

This above ^^ is true believe it or not by using slin you are dropping what is in the blood faster into the muscle, so calorie uptake will be higher therefor you can eat more calories per day without getting fat.

Think a bout it, your blood sugar drops as soon as the slin goes in so you will reach a higher calorie out put per day. For example if your maintenance calories is 2400 it only makes sense that since you dropped calories into the muscle cell from the slin your maintenance calorie would increase by a few 100 calories per day.

So one can only conclude that you can actually lose body fat from slin if you kept the 2400 calories per day.